Author Topic: First Tattoo  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
First Tattoo
« on: June 20, 2009, 03:50:17 AM »
Morning all,
I'm thinking of getting a tattoo,my first one aswell. It will be a memorial one for my Mum who died back in 02. Ive wanted one for ages & couldnt think of something that meant that much to me i wanted it to be with me forever.
So i have come up with the idea of getting her signature with birth date on the top left & date she died on the lower right.
I am thinking of getting this on my left forearm.

Does this sound ok? Is it a good enough memorial for my mum? I have a sample of her signature off my dad

Advice required

Ian

I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
Re: First Tattoo
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 09:01:48 AM »
That is a nice idea dude, but personally, I would think of something that you and your Mum really bonded over, for example if you where both into rugby you could get a ball, if you where both Doctors, get a stethescope etc! I love the idea of birth and death dates but I think you should get something that is specific to her memory!!

Obviously this is just humble opinions!!

Offline yak

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 02:31:03 PM »
It's hard to say man, tats are so personal and should be important to you.  If you are not sure what to do then don't do anything yet.  Wait until you are happy 100% with the idea.  Once you fully embrace it than who cares what others think.  Ink is for you!

I think your idea can come off looking pretty good depending on how it is done but you don't want to change your mind 5 years down the rode.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »
My opinion, bro is a a memorial tat is something so personal, all that really matters is that it's something you like and feel that when you wake up in the morning seeing it you have that reminder of what she means to you for the rest of your life.
Now how it may look... that is a tuff one.  How big?  What fonts are you wanting with the dates? Color?
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Enter your email address: