Author Topic: Top 10 Reasons to Shave Your Head  (Read 12081 times)

Offline Tyler at Citizen Smooth

• Sly Guy in Training
  • One smooth ride...
    • Citizen Smooth
Top 10 Reasons to Shave Your Head
« on: June 16, 2009, 03:18:44 PM »
Hey guys, here's a recent posting to my blog. Thought you might find it useful too!

All the best to my sly brothers - Citizen Tyler

Top 10 Reasons to Shave Your Head
June 16th, 2009

1. It’s healthier. Instead of subjecting ourselves to disfiguring cosmetic surgery (hair transplants involve cutting the back of your scalp and grafting it on to the front, resulting in scarring) or pharmaceuticals that give poor results at the risk of our health, why not embrace who you are and see how you can be your best.

2. It’s spiritual. Buddhist monks are on to it. When they shave their heads, they do it knowing that it is a conscious act of stripping away material clutter that negatively affects the conscious mind. When you shave your head, you can let go of the negative thoughts and anxiety that might consume you when looking in the mirror.

3. It’s fashionable. Just ask Bruce Willis, Michael Jordan, David Beckham, Jamie Fox, Samuel L. Jackson, Billy Zane, Vin Diesel.

4. It’s cheaper. When you compare the cost of shampoo, styling products, and hair cuts at a salon, it’s easy to see why head shaving is the way to go.

5. It’s youthful. Quite often, shaving your head will make you look younger. Thinning scalps and receding hairlines look older.

6. It’s self accepting. Let’s face it, nature deals us a hand and we have to play it. Some people are born with a full head of hair, others not.

7. It’s confident. As one friend put it, “Guys with hair are the insecure ones. It takes a confident man to pull off the head shaven look. But ironically, the act of shaving your head often makes you feel more confident.”

8. It’s natural. With newer natural botanical and mineral-based products on the market such as Citizen Smooth, you can help minimize your exposure to unhealthy chemicals and compounds.

9. It’s easy. Shaving your head saves you time in the morning, versus the combing, blow drying and styling that hair requires.

10. And finally… it’s sexier. What looks the best: a combover, hair plugs, a hairpiece, or a clean-shaven noggin? The answer is obvious.

Original posting: citizensmooth.com/blog/2009/06/top-10-reasons-to-shave-your-head/.

Tyler Munson
Citizen Smooth
www.citizensmooth.com

Offline Razorman08

• Young and Sly
  • Sly Jr.
Re: Top 10 Reasons to Shave Your Head
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 06:11:33 PM »
I agree with 6,7,10 to the fullest, you gotta be confident to pull the sly look off. good post man!

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 06:49:13 PM »
I agee with all of the above, except # 4.  I figured that being sly would save me money on hair products...wrong.  I even used aveda products on the little amount of hair I had left. 

However, it doesn't matter how much I spend on shaving products now, I'm not looking back...I'm definately sly for life  O0

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 01:21:33 AM »
I agee with all of the above, except # 4.  I figured that being sly would save me money on hair products...wrong.  I even used aveda products on the little amount of hair I had left. 

How long have you been Sly for though?

The first few months I was sly I thought the same way.  After a while I got a good routine down and now I have calculated it and I spend about $7.00 CAD a month shaving my head.