Author Topic: your baldness in photos  (Read 8668 times)

Offline ibaldnow

• Learning the way of Sly
your baldness in photos
« on: June 12, 2009, 10:53:08 PM »
Anyone ever think that they look balder in photos? I know it doesnt make much sense, but i have the biggest fuckin forehead ever in photos. Looks much worse than in mirror etc..

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
Re: your baldness in photos
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 12:39:12 AM »
I actually noticed it. It's all about the lighting, and photos can be very deceiving. In some photos I have a terrible shadow while in others I look completely slick.

Offline ibaldnow

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 01:24:04 AM »
Ya its really annoying. Im thinning on top like, but i think the photos go right through it, so i look totally  bald on top! Im 23 btw.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 05:20:22 AM »
I dont think you look balder....maybe more bald...but never balder..lol

No I dont even notice it in pics...even of other people

benmcd

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 05:26:16 AM »
This was how I first noticed I was thinning, I had let the hair grow out for a while and a pic was taken off me, it was then that I realised that I was heading for a big Y shaped thin area, running from the back of my head to the temples. .. .. with an island of hair on the front, it was a defining moment for me.  :o

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 06:19:02 AM »
I have seen this  before! I think it's a sign from above, that's it's about time to the fact that many people see you as bald anyway.  Might as well shave 'er all up and look neat and clean. Then the only problem you'll have to worry about in pictures is how much glaring your dome is doing!!
It's all about attitude!

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 06:25:39 AM »
Same problem here.  My baldness really showed when I looked at photos.  Definately one of the factors that helped go sly.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 08:05:29 AM »

It's all about the lighting, and photos can be very deceiving.

Actually, I think it's what we're seeing in the mirror that's deceiving, not the photos.  Often photos give us a view of ourselves from an angle we can't see standing in front of a mirror.

I have seen this  before! I think it's a sign from above, that's it's about time to the fact that many people see you as bald anyway.  Might as well shave 'er all up and look neat and clean.

What he said.  When this happens to you, it's one of those moments of truth.  You can either choose to deny it or accept that your days of having hair are over.  Another sly guy pointed me to Gillette's website yesterday.  They have a section about shaving the head (among other things) and I thought their slogan was right on target:  "If your grass is patchy, mow the lawn."

http://www.gillette.com/en-US/#/grooming/bodyshaving/en-US/index.shtml/

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 08:15:46 AM »
Seeing pictures of myself in a bright light really sealed the deal for me. In the mirror I looked like I had a receeding hair line and pretty thin in back..
But in brighlty lit pictures I looked almost totally bald.  So I shaved it...definitely a good move for me.
Your hair is never gonna come back man...never. Grab a razor, accept it and move on.    O0
Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline ibaldnow

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 04:44:36 PM »
Yeah I just might do that. The forehead is the real issue. I never really think this unless i look at photos, but im assuming thats wht most people are seeing! Especially when i would tilt my head backwards for a photo. It would appear like I basically had no hair on the top of my head. Yet, according to the mirror i do!

Offline BReady

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 04:56:40 PM »
Yeah I just might do that. The forehead is the real issue. I never really think this unless i look at photos, but im assuming thats wht most people are seeing! Especially when i would tilt my head backwards for a photo. It would appear like I basically had no hair on the top of my head. Yet, according to the mirror i do!

Lighting, man.  There's stuff you don't see in the mirror that can be seen outside.  Don't sweat the petty stuff though man.  A lot of what YOU see in the mirror is not noticed ANYWHERE by other people.

SBG written at 5 micron field of view on an electron microscope (kind of messed up the B, but you get the picture).

BReady

adam_r_todd

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 06:39:20 PM »
Two guys just told me my head looks extra slick in my new avatar photo.  It was taken just after a shave . . . but lighting does a lot.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 06:58:51 PM »
Two guys just told me my head looks extra slick in my new avatar photo.  It was taken just after a shave . . . but lighting does a lot.

and not a HINT of a shadow!!!!! O0 O0 O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 07:04:32 PM »

and not a HINT of a shadow!!!!! O0 O0 O0

Lighting can make or break you when it comes to shadow.  I've been surprised at times to how much shadow I have in certain photos -- especially ones taken at the end of the day.  And I've also been surprised at how there appears to be no shadow in other photos, taken under bright lighting conditions.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 08:59:24 PM »
Angle is the the Killer for showing shadow for me, but it exists, I have done what I can do--F_ck nature. :D I'm Sly, I'm happy, I'm me--get used to it.

Enter your email address: