Author Topic: I think I'm the youngest person ever to have MPB.  (Read 3738 times)

Offline UltraPulse

• Learning the way of Sly
I think I'm the youngest person ever to have MPB.
« on: June 12, 2009, 08:51:22 PM »
I'm serious. I might post pictures later. Looking back through old yearbooks(I'm a 16 year old freshman) I've noticed that my right temple was ALWAYS bigger than my left, no matter how far back I go. Even in my old 2005 year book when I was in 5th grade (when I was 11-12?). Now that I buzzed my head, I've got the biggest V shaped hairline ever. It's like a cheese wedge. So I think it's funny when these 20+ year old guys out of school complain about it. Having this crap while in school is a major bummer. Also, whats funny is even though my hair has been buzzed for about a month now, nobody mentioned any receding to me. Not one, and it's right in front of their face.

IDK what this post was for, but just something I noticed, that I've been receding since like 13 or something.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: I think I'm the youngest person ever to have MPB.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 10:11:14 PM »
MPB at 16 is not unheard of, and it's probably not as bad as you think it is, anyway.   There's a tendency to panic when one first notices the first signs of thinning or recession.  Even if it is as bad as you say, look on the bright side -- you won't get carded.   ^-^

While most people still don't welcome it, MPB is not the devastating blow that it was 20 or 30 years ago.  In this day and age, it's common to see people of all ages with shaved heads.  It simply isn't a big deal.  Since you've already buzzed your hair, how about shaving the rest of it off for the summer once school is out -- provided that your parents are OK with the idea?  It will help you to realize what a non-issue being bald is, and it will make things a lot less scary for you in the future when you really do have advanced hair loss.

Post a picture of the buzz cut and let us see for ourselves how much MPB you really have. 

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 08:30:14 AM »
Yeah that's pretty young but not unheard of. I think Razor covered every thing pretty well. Just check with your parents and then shave it!! Read up a bit on here (BTW welcome to the forum) so you'll have good answers if the parents are questioning this whole idea!
It's all about attitude!

Offline timorousme

• Sly Jr.
    • I Make Music With Game Boys and Segas
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 10:38:01 AM »
I first notice that my MPB was bad in middle school. By the time I was your age, it was insane. When I turned 20, I finally decided it was time to just shave it. I wish it were something I would have done when I was your age and not some four years later.

Post some pictures, and I'm sure we'll all let you know our opinions. I have a feeling that I know what the verdict will be though.

flatdave

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 03:15:01 PM »
I would have been devastated had I started losing my hair at 16.  At almost 46, I've receded a bit but not too much.  Now that school is out and if it's alright with your parents, it would be the perfect time to take a razor to your head.  You don't mention how short or what blade size you're using for the clipper shave.  With that said, the results could be drastic or very minimal.  Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 03:18:27 PM »
My buddy had a widows peak his whole life, and hasn't started to go bald yet. I'm jealous.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 06:54:23 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Pulse!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline barcafan

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 12:39:21 PM »
When i was 16, my temples literally SHEDDED within a month.  A good 2 inches each side.  The barber i went to asked me if i had cut my own damn hair because this literally happened between 2 haircuts.  sucked bad

Offline UltraPulse

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 11:21:50 PM »
Well, I posed pics somewhere else idk what topic, thanks for that guys. Nothing on top is lost though.  If it gets worse ill raze it.