Author Topic: Pretty cool looking goat ya got there... SaintC  (Read 3894 times)

Offline SlyintheOC

• Sly
Pretty cool looking goat ya got there... SaintC
« on: June 12, 2009, 08:01:27 PM »
Hey SaintC,

The goat you've been working on is looking really sweet! It goes really well with your Sly dome.

I use Bluebeards daily wash on mine and sometimes use their leave-in conditoner. The shampoo leaves it soft on it's own. The conditioner does help tame the 'strays'. The thing I like most about these products is that they have corrected the beard dandruff problem I was having by using other products.

Anyway, just really wanted to give you the  O0 on the totally rad goat.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
Re: Pretty cool looking goat ya got there... SaintC
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »
That would be a real shame, saint.  Your beard looks fantastic.  I'm envious!  Love the style  8)

Offline BReady

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 03:13:15 PM »
SaintC.  A lot of people at my work with a goatee.  Every year we have to get fit tested for gas masks (some of our equipment has some nasty gases in them).  Once a year we have to shave to do the test.  No biggie I say.  Just shave the thing off right before the meeting to get the man off your back and grow it back.... except longer!   and braid it like a frikken viking! 

SBG written at 5 micron field of view on an electron microscope (kind of messed up the B, but you get the picture).

BReady

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 09:05:46 PM »
SaintC.  A lot of people at my work with a goatee.  Every year we have to get fit tested for gas masks (some of our equipment has some nasty gases in them).  Once a year we have to shave to do the test.  No biggie I say.  Just shave the thing off right before the meeting to get the man off your back and grow it back.... except longer!   and braid it like a frikken viking! 

I've been thinking about joining the Navy if the job I just got doesn't work out. I'm still debating whether or not shaving my beard is worth it.

Offline BReady

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 10:38:01 AM »
This is my view, shadow:

Serving your country and enhancing your career is far more important than your beard.  Join the Navy, get your training and your experience.  Make sure you take full advantage of all the bene's they have to offer, get out and grow your beard out again.  No biggie!  Grow a mustache.  Even US Marine Corps let's you grow a mustache (reg mustache for Marines looks like a hitler mustache, but Navy has laxed regs... Maybe your Navy is the same).

SBG written at 5 micron field of view on an electron microscope (kind of messed up the B, but you get the picture).

BReady

Offline balddad77

• Sly Jr.
  • Fair winds and following seas!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 01:42:25 PM »
If you are looking at joining the Navy, you should.  I was in the Navy and serving your country like that is one fo the most honorable things you can do for mankind.  Nothing against those that don't serve, it's not for everyone.  But if you do it and love it, it makes for a wonderful career. 

I have a goat, and have looked at different ways to change it up while keeping the facial hair.  Not big into the mustache thing on it's own, but I have had facial hair as long as I can remember, minus my Navy time.

Good luck man!! 

"May God grant you fair winds and following seas" Admiral Rickover
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090803/samp819057a71e44ad25.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline SlyintheOC

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 03:26:59 PM »
Glad to hear it!!  O0

It's a great look on you. I'd be a shame if you got rid of it.

Offline crazy.irish.celt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 04:55:11 PM »
Why in the world does it matter if you have a beard?  I swear, I was ALWAYS told that , "Extremes notwithstanding, employers don't care what you look like as long as you are well-groomed and don't smell bad," and yet I've read at least 3-4 posts concerning personal appearance at work.  I mean, did you ask the man why he wanted it gone?  You know, "You want it gone?  Really?  Any particular reason?"   It's not like you were gonna show up to your meeting dressed in flannel, jeans, and @$$-stompin' boots (you would look pretty cool as a lumberjack  O0