Author Topic: "I won't look good with a shaved head." - for the guys on the fence!  (Read 130975 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: "I won't look good with a shaved head." - for the guys on the fence!
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2010, 09:44:49 AM »

Also, it comes down to the fact that there is nothing worse than not being yourself...

Exactly.

Offline Undercover

• (Insert clever, thought provoking title here)
  • Sly Jr.
  • This used to look like a floating head...
    • How I buy stuff like headblades...
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »
Man, I thought my last post was going to be cathartic, but after reading Razor X, SurfboardNYC & SaintC's posts now I feel even WORSE.

Oh well, can't go back and change the past. But that will NEVER happen to me again, I'm sly for life and I don't care who doesn't like it!
Mother nature only created so many perfect heads, the rest she covered in hair...

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2010, 09:20:44 PM »
Man, I thought my last post was going to be cathartic, but after reading Razor X, SurfboardNYC & SaintC's posts now I feel even WORSE.

Oh well, can't go back and change the past. But that will NEVER happen to me again, I'm sly for life and I don't care who doesn't like it!

Right on  O0

Offline PopeyeRay

• Sly.Popeye
  • Sly Jr.
  • Just da way Iam
    • Popeye Ray
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2010, 07:09:25 PM »
Most excellent Bro!
[img width= height= alt=ImageChef Custom Images]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/100224/purcaced2d22244c87d.gif[/img]

stemikger

« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2010, 07:09:21 AM »
Awesome post!!!  It's amazing how confidence plays such huge role in life.  Very inspiring for such a young guy like yourself.  The world treats you different when you feel good about yourself. 

Offline WhiskeyHotel

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2010, 10:20:42 AM »
Undercover...your wedding story reminds me of what I'm going through right now. I've had a shaved head for three plus years now. Yet this weekend, my cousin is getting married, and my mother asked me to grow some hair back for it. I'm not going to do it, because like you, I would look terrible if I grew my hair out. And I mean, I feel like I look extremely sharp with a clean shaved head and a nice black suit.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2010, 04:42:55 PM »
Hi Undercover you a very good looking bald guy.  That said I am planning a visit to see my Mom in July and she has never seen me sly.  I keep thinking I should grow some hair, but because of this website I shall not grow my.  This is what I like the most and it is my head and I shall do what I like  :)  Thanks for the boost Undercover.

Offline DeviantMagick

• DeviantMagick
  • Learning the way of Sly
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2010, 11:37:38 AM »
I completely agree.
I've never had a lot of confidence and I've been the 'quiet and shy' type.

But when I've got a good shave going.  I know I look good and it definitely boosts my confidence.

Part of my lack of self-esteem was from the receding hair line at a young age and always being picked on.

Now "I choose to be bald" and I have only felt better since that choice.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2010, 11:56:40 AM »
This is all so true.

For years, growing up, and even into my twenties and early thirties, I was never happy with my hair, even though it was pretty full on top.  I always wanted something else: tried dying it, cutting it short, etc, but nothing seemed right somehow.  Then I got to know a few SLY guys, just to talk to in passing, and it was like a revelation: I knew how I wanted to look.  But even so, at first, I thought these guys were 'better than me' because they dared to be different.  I didnt think I had the balls to follow their example, but eventually i took the plunge: because it was an 'itch' I had to scratch!! 8)

All those years, I wasnt really being true to myself, I guess.  I was always quite shy, and aware that I had 'too much' hair, or I was receding, or it was 'too short' even.  The irony was that all the while I was sporting 'mainstream' hairstyles, I felt self-concious and shy, yet as soon as I got my head shaved like a beacon saying 'look at me' my shyness disappeared! :/O

Being SLY, I have never once felt it wasnt 'right'.  Seeing other guys with the same smooth domes as me, I just feel so glad I took the plunge, because I honestly have never felt more 'at home in my skin' than I do now. :)

Maybe age has a lot to do with it too, but for the first time since I was about 15, as soon as I went SLY I no longer felt inadequate about how I looked, but equal!!  8) 8)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:01:41 PM by Rob »

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2010, 01:39:54 PM »
Joseph,

You are a lucky guy you really rock the sly look and you are a very handsome man  :)

Offline J.J.

• Sly
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2010, 04:39:25 PM »
Now "I choose to be bald" and I have only felt better since that choice.

Great choice.

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2010, 05:04:32 PM »
i have never seen someone with a shaved head that looks bad. it's a natural look. and im not just blowing smoke here. but i definitely HAVE seen people who look TERRIBLE with comb-overs and haircuts clearly intended to cover up bald spots.
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

marty22

« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2010, 05:34:48 AM »
great pic! Now play a couple of Mozart songs for us.

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2010, 02:47:19 PM »
I guess what all this is saying is "Come on over to the bright, shiney side, Luke."

Great post. Can't argue with your reasoning. Thanks!