Author Topic: Billy Jealousy's HYDROPLANE Super-Slick Shave Cream  (Read 1737 times)

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
Billy Jealousy's HYDROPLANE Super-Slick Shave Cream
« on: August 09, 2009, 07:21:36 AM »
Has anyone here tried this stuff? At $20/ 8oz I think it's a bit rich rich for my blood but it tweaks my curiosity.

Key Features:
Shave cream provides superior razor glide and virtually eliminates irritation and cuts
Water-soluble silicone beads minimizes razor drag; won't stain clothes
Natural citrus and mint fragrance without any perfumes
Doesn't contain alcohol or menthol
Doubles life of razor
Winner, Best Shave Cream - Esquire, 2007 Grooming Award

http://www.billyjealousy.com/categories/shave/products/hydroplane

"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline BaldBear

• Bald, Bearded and Bear!
  • Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • "woof!"
Re: Billy Jealousy's HYDROPLANE Super-Slick Shave Cream
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 08:42:14 AM »
Yes, I use it off and on along with their "HOT TOWEL" pre shave product. It works well and get s VERY slippery when it mixes with water. I have gone back to Jack Black "Beard Lube" now though. I still have 2 containers of Hydroplane on hand but I like to switch back and forth between products. It might be in my mind, but I think my skin "gets used" to a certain regimen and it doesn't work as well after some time so I switch it up a bit. Hydroplane may seem a little pricey, but you really don't have to use much of it at all.
Woof!
"The more hair I lose...the more head I get!"

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 09:03:12 AM »
They have a 1 liter pump bottle for $65 which means free shipping and about 10 free ounces.  Of course it might last a lifetime.  but as they are intending their normal size for people who shave their faces and not their heads, might be the more realistic value.

How does the Hot Towel work?  Pretty good, or is there a burning sensation that makes you want to wash it off as quickly as possible and drop your head into an ice bucket?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 11:32:50 AM by Antimidas »

Offline BaldBear

• Bald, Bearded and Bear!
  • Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • "woof!"
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 11:30:56 AM »
The hot towel stuff is nice. As soon as it mixes with water, it gets warm (not really HOT) and does feel good on the stubble. Not really sure how much it helps you to get a closer shave, but it is a nice feeling.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 01:33:33 AM by BaldBear »
Woof!
"The more hair I lose...the more head I get!"

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 10:11:28 PM »
I appreciate the feed back. Maybe I might have to drop a hint to the Missus for a gift the next time she is looking to spoil her hubby.
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa