Author Topic: Trying to Join the Military  (Read 8748 times)

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
Re: Closer to Joining the Military
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 10:20:25 AM »

Hey Guys, Sandmano4 again... I just wanted to thank everyone for their encouragement and input. Im schedualed for boot camp Nov 2, meaning about 6 weeks!
Wish me luck.. I'll probably need it.. Going from civilian life to the marines will be a shell shocker for me, but it doesn't mean Im not excited as heck, any tips on how to survive bootcamp??>> greatly appreciated thanks!
Congratulations Sandman and good luck! Be strong, be confident...but most of all be a team player.  You are going to be broken down, just to be built back up with the team!  Those who have problems typically don't believe or embrace the team!  Show your commitment and who knows...you may be an early leader within the team!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Trying to Join the Military
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 10:46:44 AM »
Don't take the screaming personal they're just doing their job. Do what you are told to do when you are told to do it. Show then that you are a team player and show respect for anything that moves. Do yourself a favor and start exercising now. Get a jump on it. Good luck pal. You will look back on this as a great experience.

sluggo

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 02:10:26 PM »
Yea, what Tom said. Also don't take it personally! They don't hate you they just want to break everyone down and build you all up as a team.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 05:41:21 PM »
Memorize your general orders and rank insignia before going.  Keep your eyes and ears open, your mouth shut and take care of the other recruits around you. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 05:58:44 PM »
Memorize your general orders and rank insignia before going.  Keep your eyes and ears open, your mouth shut and take care of the other recruits around you. 
No body could have said it better...Drill Sergeant!

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 06:50:15 PM »

What Paul said and run,run,run and run some more and it wouldn't hurt to get some PRAC ( Marine Corps knowledge ) down. You're going to need to memorize and ingrain things such as who was the 13th Commandant of the Marine Corps or what Marine has been awarded 5 Navy crosses? start now, fail to plan plan to fail.

.. I'll probably need it.. Going from civilian life to the marines will be a shell shocker for me

Remember to capitalize the M when typing/spelling Marine(s) or Corps