Author Topic: WHO is your cell phone provider?  (Read 5556 times)

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: WHO is your cell phone provider?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 01:34:40 PM »
Verizon.  No problems.  Been with them for 7 or 8 years, something like that.

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 07:43:39 PM »
Telus. Altho I dont mind any Cell Phone Provider as long as it is not Rogers or Fido.

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 08:17:46 PM »
Verizon since 1995.   We're very happy with the coverage and customer service.   Just wish they'd offer the iPhone.
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 09:37:59 PM »
AT&T... been on there forever... really the only decent provider where I live anyway.

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 10:12:45 PM »
AT&T... been on there forever... really the only decent provider where I live anyway.

I have seen a lot of AT&T commercials, and have been on there website, and they have a lot of good plans. I have a couple friends who moved to the US and have a cell thru them, they got more with there plan than I do with Telus for way less price way. I wish AT&T would come to Canada.

Offline aleutiancowboy

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 04:25:18 PM »
What's a cell phone? Don't have one and they only have some local service provider here. Most people when they come here for a visit find that there cell phones don't work. Some get mad but most are glad to be disconected for a while.
THERE ARE NO SMALL BRAINS JUST BIG HEADS

parksie

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 04:30:41 PM »
Another verizon person here.  O0

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 02:18:57 PM »
I've been with AT&T, formerly Cingular, formerly SBC Global, before that it was Southewestern Bell Mobil.  Same company, just keeps changing its name.  Thought I really wanted an iphone but last week I picked up the new samsung eternity.  I actually prefer it to the iphone and don't have to pay for the iphone service plan.

Offline ShavedForNow

• Incomparable Sly Guy
  • Sly Jr.
  • Testing out the sly side of life
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 04:08:59 PM »
AT&T, only because of the iPhone.

I've used Verizon and others in the past, and I don't like any of the major providers (although I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate them). They're overpriced, their service frequently goes unavailable during peak calling times, and it can easily take 10-15 minutes or more to talk to a human - much longer if there's a major outage. I agree with the original post, however, in that the reps themselves are usually pretty good. When you can get them on the line.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 08:47:01 PM »
What's a cell phone? Don't have one and they only have some local service provider here. Most people when they come here for a visit find that there cell phones don't work. Some get mad but most are glad to be disconected for a while.

And where is this mystical place? Back home is the same way.

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 05:28:21 AM »
I was with AT&T for the longest time, first as an extension of my home phone service. My folks had used AT&T at home, so when I moved into my first place, so did I. So naturally, when I started using a cell phone, I used their service as well. I finally let my contract with them run out several months ago and I am now paying for the second line on my girlfriends Sprint account.

So far I am really happy with their service and their customer service is the best i have encountered yet.
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline yak

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 07:57:49 AM »
I was with Sprint for several years (10 years) then my company took over my line and switched it to ATT for about 6 months, then to Verizon.  As far as service goes Verizon has been the best out of the three.

My wife is still with Sprint and we have had good luck with Service but customer service has been and issue in the past.  Each person you talk to you get a different story and it is hard to get a straight answer.  If you are patient and call enough times, and ask for the right people you can start to get good answers but it takes way more effort than what it should.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 08:34:02 AM »
AT & T, no problems, have had the service for over 4 years, ive also had sprint and verizon

Offline 20, bald, and loving it

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 09:58:15 AM »
Verizon. Cant beat the coverage where I live.

Offline smoothpate

• Proud Member of Local 69
  • Sly Jr.
  • Look Ma, No More Bad Hair Days!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 01:25:18 PM »
Since living in Vegas, I've had AT&T, Verizon, and now T-Mobile.

I switched from AT&T to Verizon six years ago because they kept changing their plans to get everyone to switch to their nationwide plan which was twice as expensive as Verizon's similar plan. I loved Verizon's coverage and dependability, but I just switched to T-Mobile because Verizon doesn't have any new phones WITHOUT their VZ Navigator feature. If you're not familiar with it, VZ Navigator is a built in GPS feature which can be used to track your movements by anyone who "pings" your phone. This is a VERY scary feature for anyone who enjoys their privacy and especially for women who could be followed by stalkers or jealous current (or ex) spouses/significant others. T-mobile has several phones without this feature and so far the coverage has been great.

FYI, there are only TWO cellphone networks in the country. One is used by Verizon and Sprint and the other by AT&T and T-Mobile. Each network has a large and small coverage area with the larger areas used as primary for Verizon and AT& T ("roaming" for Sprint and T-Mobile) and the smaller as primary for Sprint and T-Mobile ("roaming" for Verizon and AT&T).
Can of Edge Shaving Gel: $ 2.24
4 Pack of Mach III Blades: $ 4.69
Having a Smooth, Cleanly Shaved Head: PRICELESS

Enter your email address: