Author Topic: OLIVE OIL UPDATE  (Read 24059 times)

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
Re: OLIVE OIL UPDATE
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2009, 10:44:29 PM »
Hey Ryan thanks for the update  O0
It's too early for me to report any big news but I am confused a bit about the fact
that storing my mach 3 blade in olive oil makes it more difficult to glide on my dome. ???
Maybe olive oil has nothing to do with it.  In any case, if I can save $90-$130 a year on blades
then I will do it,..............no matter how big a mess it creates.  ;)

Are you making to sure rinse the olive oil off the blade first before shaving? I could see how having the blade full of oil would clog easily if you didn't rinse it prior to shaving.

Ryan or maybe even Tank how do you rinse the olive oil off the blade?  I put the blade in warm water for a few minutes and begin shaving.   Is there a better way to rinse off the olive oil?  I don't know if putting the blade in water gets the oil off properly.

Alcohol in a squirt bottle will take it off pretty quick

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2009, 10:52:09 PM »
Wow I'm going to have to try this. Great post Tank

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2009, 09:09:09 PM »
It's too early for me to report any big news but I am confused a bit about the fact
that storing my mach 3 blade in olive oil makes it more difficult to glide on my dome. ???
Maybe olive oil has nothing to do with it.  In any case, if I can save $90-$130 a year on blades

Are you making to sure rinse the olive oil off the blade first before shaving? I could see how having the blade full of oil would clog easily if you didn't rinse it prior to shaving.

Ryan or maybe even Tank how do you rinse the olive oil off the blade?  I put the blade in warm water for a few minutes and begin shaving.   Is there a better way to rinse off the olive oil?  I don't know if putting the blade in water gets the oil off properly.

You're the man!! O0  I did that today and it did the trick  !B@

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2009, 06:29:29 AM »

You're the man!! O0  I did that today and it did the trick  !B@
What is your day count on your razor so far? I got 2months on 1 razor
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2009, 01:20:56 PM »
Hey Tank,  my situation is a little complicated.  I used 2 mach 3 razors at once, one for going with the grain, the other going against the grain.  So far  6 shaves for 2 razor blades.  By the end of May I should have more details.
I am hoping that Ryan, Dome of Steele and anyone else trying it could give us their update.  Yesterday was the first time I shaved with mach 3 properly since putting the blades in olive oil.  In the previous 5 shaves I didn't wash off the oil from the blades properly so it was a little hard.   It was great yesterday  O0

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2009, 03:02:28 PM »
I have at least two weeks (maybe three, haven't been counting exactly) with the same blade, no signs of irritation yet. 

And Math guy, I don't even try to rinse the olive oil off, after a few passes on my head and rinses, the oil is gone. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2009, 09:16:56 PM »

And Math guy, I don't even try to rinse the olive oil off, after a few passes on my head and rinses, the oil is gone. 

Same here.  O0

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2009, 09:22:18 AM »

I just 'swish' my M3 around in some very hot water to get any excess olive oil out before I shave. I've been getting 7 good shaves (head and face) since keeping my M3 in EVOO. Considering I make up to 6 passes during a typical head/face shave, 7 good shaves (42 passes) is very good.

"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2009, 09:51:13 PM »
Now that I think about it, I remember seeing (by CVS), just the other day, OLIVE OIL listed as an ingredient in one of the new shave cream products by SKINTIMATE.

May have to give it a trial run.

-Captain Noodles-

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2009, 09:31:11 AM »
Well, Tank, I've been reading this thread for far too long, so yesterday I put a new blade on my Fusion and marked the calendar. I  hope you're right because this is certainly my blade of choice and they are a tad expensive. So, if I can get a few extra days I'm all for it. But I need some imperical testing of  my own!!   :D :D
It's all about attitude!

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2009, 12:55:29 PM »
Well, Tank, I've been reading this thread for far too long, so yesterday I put a new blade on my Fusion and marked the calendar. I  hope you're right because this is certainly my blade of choice and they are a tad expensive. So, if I can get a few extra days I'm all for it. But I need some imperical testing of  my own!!   :D :D
I can`t wait to see how many extra days you get out of your fusion.
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Noodles

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2009, 12:50:20 PM »
Now that I think about it, I remember seeing (by CVS), just the other day, OLIVE OIL listed as an ingredient in one of the new shave cream products by SKINTIMATE.

May have to give it a trial run.

-Captain Noodles-

I stand corrected, guys. One of the newest additions to the Skintimate female line of shaving products contains "Olive SOY", NOT Olive OIL as I first posted.

Now what exactly "soy" is , is anyone's guess, but it is very soothing to the scalp and leaves a "keen sheen" when al dente - LOL.

-Cap'n Noodles-

Btw, I tried a little experiment... I got my "Misto" sprayer out of the kitchen cabinet and applied extra virgin olive oil to my scalp under a layer of creamy Skintimate shaving cream.

Fantastic Results!!!!

LOL- Fell asleep after my shave and woke up to a wet tongue licking my scalp....
NO, not what you think guys - it WASN'T my wife - it was my dachsund!! 

:*))     :*))    :*))    :*))    :*))    :*))

« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 01:05:07 PM by Noodles »

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2009, 10:39:42 AM »
Well I'm only on the fifth shave while soaking the  blade in EVOO and so far my results are: The soaking seems to have alreay dissolved the lube strip on the Fusion Blade. I also have a little bit of dislike of  how oily it makes my razor, handle etc. BUT I must tell you that this morning I got what I think is the BEST shave I have ever had!!! It could be worth it just for that reason alone.
It's all about attitude!

Offline Noodles

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
Neat Idea!!!
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »
Guys,

For those of you who may be looking for the right size bottle to store your olive oil in (one that will fit perfect into your shaving bag, here's an idea:

Use an EMPTY HeadSlick, HeadWash, or HeadShed Bottle.

They are ideally the right size to store the oil, keeping it handy for when you want to apply the oil as a topcoat prior to your favorite shave gel/cream. Built-in squirt top is a built-in application bonus!!

Still thinking of best type container storage for oil/razor.

Just an idea that hit me out of the blue.

-Cap'n Noodles-
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 10:34:45 PM by Noodles »

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2009, 01:36:16 AM »
Ok I really need to try this olive oil thing.