Author Topic: Today is the day...  (Read 7609 times)

BALDANDRE

Re: Today is the day...
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 09:12:32 PM »
Bro...nice bald by choice move...you look awesome bald..

aint it really a cool thing!

Keep it smooth brutha...bald is you! O0

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 09:15:35 PM »
It looks great.  With hair, you look like a nice, young guy.   Shaved clean, you look like a bad ass.    You made the right decision.

Thats what the neighbor said, they were like "you looked so nice before, now you look tough" which isnt a bad thing.

I used the headblade for most of it then for the back of my head where it meets my neck I used my Fusion. I didnt miss any spots when using the headblade but then again I spent probably 10-15 minutes shaving, I went with the grain then against then did the bigger touch ups after that then my neck.

Andre it is super cool. I noticed when it was all buzzed down that there were a couple areas that were much thinner than others. But I am still BBC  O0

GASlick

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 09:20:18 PM »
looks good dude!

Enjoy that numb, newly shaved feeling.  It fades after a few days and after you scalp toughens up you don't feel it anymore.  I loved that feeling.

Wait until you go out in the rain.  That feels good.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 09:25:27 PM »
But I am still BBC  O0

Without a doubt bro..you can truthfully call yourself BBC! O0

Then again...in the end we're all just a bunch of bald dudes...no matter how we got here! O0

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 07:35:20 AM »
Congrats !!  Looks good !!    O0

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 09:03:58 AM »
Great look O0, now go for your 30 day trial run--it's important.

Re: numbness, the following is an excerpt from a post I did here in 10/2007, five days after I did the deed--I had followed the buzz path,--

"Question for more "mature" sly guys.  Immediately after the first shave, Fusion Power, I noticed a strange sort of "numbness" all over the scalp, it's going away now, but it was a little strange.  Anyone else remember that response?  I'm shaving every morning now, and at this early point find it very refreshing.  The stubble by the next morning is like velcro although not extremely visible.  I like the freshly shaved feel, that is worth the price of admission in and of itself. "

Hope and expect you to be as satisfied as I and the other Brothers are on the SLY side of life.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 09:49:29 AM »
I am still loving it. Its odd though, last night I shaved my head at around 6 or so and shaved my face at around 8 and the hair on my face is already visable. I cant even really feel any stubble on my head, its still pretty smooth which is nice. I kinda like the numbness in a way.

This morning it was snowing and I had to take the trash can out to the curb and felt snow flakes on my head, it was pretty cool. My second oldest brother who was kinda against it at first said that he thinks I look older and more mature than when I did with hair. My girlfriend also said that is makes me look like I am a couple years older, she suggested I grow some stubble on my face but keep a smooth head so I think I may try that.

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 10:11:36 AM »
The conventional wisdom is that going sly makes younger guys look a bit older and older guys look a bit younger.  I think that is so.  There must be some age where you just look the same.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 10:30:52 AM »
Lol, yeah. It seems that all sly guys stay between the ages of 20 and 40 even if they are younger/older.
 I am sure I will be able to do the 30 day challenge with ease. I really like it and I just may keep it this way forever like my uncle. He started shaving when he was in his early 20's and is now in his late 50's and still shaving.
 Thanks for all the support

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 10:55:02 AM »
Lophura:  You're a SLY dude!   O0  It looks great and it's good news there was minimal bloodshed.  I'm a Headblader -- all I've ever used -- and do just fine with mine.  The nick on the ear is a notch in your experience.  Congrats!
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 12:01:48 PM »
Just wondering how often I should shave. Right now I am able to feel some stubble, its enough to make myknit cap stick. Is it long enough to shave again?

marty22

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 12:05:56 PM »
you did it!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 12:23:00 PM »
Just wondering how often I should shave. Right now I am able to feel some stubble, its enough to make myknit cap stick. Is it long enough to shave again?
YES, most definitely you can shave it now, although having had to endure really cold temps recently, I found it was disconcerting to have my beanie riding up on a freshly shaved noggin.  Worth it though, I'm one of the guys that like it  baby butt smooth--and that feeling first thing in the morning is a real spirit lifter for the day. 
Your shaving time is really fast for a new guy, that took me a couple of weeks to achieve.  Glad it's everything you thought it would be.

baldy46

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 12:45:07 PM »
Congrats bro!  Looks great.  And the girlfriend likes it.  You've got it made.  Keep it smooth.  I remember the excitement of that first shave, and I have to say that a lot of that excitement is still there for me.  I wake up every morning looking forward to shaving.  You just can't beat the smooth, clean feel. 

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 12:47:18 PM »
Thanks. I like the feeling of the smooth head and the stubble doesnt feel as good. I went to the store and my first instinct was to grab a hat. When I put on a baseball cap it didnt look quite right. My cowboy hat fits better though so now I wont have to buy a new one  O0

So far I havent told my mother about it yet, I am nervous about what she is going to say but I will just tell her that its my head and everyone else likes it so she should get used to it.