Author Topic: 2009 Resolutions....how's everyone doing?  (Read 1167 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
2009 Resolutions....how's everyone doing?
« on: February 17, 2009, 04:15:32 PM »
OK, we're 1.5 months into 2009. I just thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing on their resolutions? It's good to hold yourself accountable to others, so I'll go first.

Health / Weight Loss - Although I've basically maintained my weight (maybe 2 pounds depending on when I get on the scale), I've been very good about getting to the gym 4 or 5 days a week. When I'm at the gym, I've been walking 4 miles in 55 minutes at a 9% incline (good for around 900 calories a session). Grade B
Drinking less - I love my Schrotinis! But unfortunately, 1 turns into 2, which turns into 3 (plus a beer chaser). So, I'm not abstaining, just drinking less. Although we partied quite a bit over the weekend, I've been pretty darn good. Grade A-
Financial - One of my goals was to do something to improve Team Schro's bottom line...re-finance. I was able to snag a great rate during the 2-3 week window that will save us about $230 a month in our mortgage. With the additional cash I pulled out, we're installing a suh-weet covered patio in the backyard! At least we can ride out this financial crisis in comfort, under an outdoor ceiling fan, grilling on the new grill, while listening to some Jimmy Buffett. Grade A.
Remaining Positive - That's something I've been working on with The Lovely Mrs. Schro. I've asked her to let me know when I'm doing well, which she has. I don't need to go into too much detail, but I'll give myself an A-.

So, what's your story?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 04:17:41 PM by schro »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 2009 Resolutions....how's everyone doing?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 05:41:35 PM »
hey schro:  btw... gr8 topic O0

as far as my 2009 resolutions... it's been going smooooooth like my chrome dome.  i usually don't make resolutions because of chances of breaking them.  my main & primary resolution was "weight loss" or just living a healthier lifestyle.

i promised myself that i was going 2 start a "healthier" lifestyle on the 2nd week of february.  since then, i joined a gym.  i go atleast 3 times a week.  i start off with a 15 minute walk on the treadmill.  then, i work out with the various weight machines & work out for 30 minutes.  then, i finish my workout with a fast-pace walk (on the treadmill)  for 30 minutes followed by a "cool"-down walk (slow walk) for 5 minutes. 

another intervention that promotes my "healthier" lifestyle is my new improved eating habits.  i don't say "diet" because that is an offensive 4-letter word, imo. :/O  i have eliminated eating "junk" food such as potato chips, soda, and all sweets.  i don't eat at fast food restaurants.  i have replaced the junk food with fruits, salads, & yogurt.  i rarely eat any fried foods & have replaced it with baked.  my beautiful wifey has been an important part of my "healthier" eating habits.

although, i have eliminated the junk foods & sweets.  i do have a "cheat" day in which i can enjoy those things but in moderation. 

all in all,  i really enjoy going 2 the gym.   it's hard 2 explain but i feel "healthy" after i good workout.  also... my new eating habits have been going well.  i projected the "diet" part of living healthier was going 2 B extremely difficult but so far it's been good.  i have a good feeling that i will keep this new "healthier" living. O0

WARHAWK O0
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 05:44:02 PM by warhawk »
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 08:26:52 PM »
i didn't make any resolutions this year. but it seems to be a good year. still have a job, lost a few pounds, have a new girlfriend that treats me well. all in all, i am having a decent year so far.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline THier

• Super Sly
  • Sorry for bad camera phone pic,,
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 12:53:21 PM »
100% compliant with my resolution not to make any resolutions O0 O0 O0

Tom

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 01:28:10 PM »
Well, this is New Orleans so "resolutions" don't start until Ash Wednesday ;D.  I really did some damage during the Carnival, basically ate one flock of chickens from Popeye's, a dairy herds' production of Milk Punch--milk, half and half, sugar, vanilla, brandy --the important part-- , some Abita Amber, several good sips of Scotch whisky, and wine, lots of the produce of the vines, fried ham and eggs for breakfast, king cake, Crescent City Steakhouse, etc.  A total of nearly 10 extra pounds over the start ;D ;D ;D.  I had gained over 1 1/2 years 10 pounds I attributed to a new medication that had weight gain as a potential problem, now I'm fat as a "killing hog."  Of course, the first days are just excess water, but I've lost four of the Mardi Gras 10.  A week out of the gym has ended, and I'm on a 1500 calorie, low glycemic high protein diet until 20 are gone--no sugar, bread, rice, potatoes, anything white basically until then.  I really got religion when I put on the blood pressure cuff, 145/93, and that's with medication!  That's got to come down and quick or it's a trip to the medicine man.  I have found when I have "sinned" in the past that weight loss and exercise will bring it under control, but I do love the sins of the flesh, oh yes I do. 
Well, it's in the gym at 5 am, and 1500 calories.  I'm not going to ever, ever get myself in this situation again.  I've said that in the past, but this is serious--my pants barely make it.
Well, all that food and booze went to waste, my waist.  I have got to pay the piper.

Enter your email address: