Author Topic: I've now tried the Fusion  (Read 5462 times)

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
I've now tried the Fusion
« on: January 09, 2009, 06:23:06 PM »
Ok I was at the drug store tonight and needed to pick up some blades.  I happened to notice that the fusion starter kit was on sale for 50% off so I grabbed the last one.  As soon as I got home i  had to try it.  I have very thick, course hair.  I found that it did a fairly good job.  It glides easily and didn't gunk up with head slick as i thought it would, since it has 5 blades and they are so close together, and it rinsed easily.  One thing i really don't like is that the spring is way to soft i had to hold the blade with my thumb to stop it from moving.   After i was done I lathered up again and used my headblade with a Sensor blade that i've used twice before and i couldn't believe that it was cutting hair the fusion left. Not just one spot my whole head.  So I think i'll use the fusion for my face but the headblade is the winner in my books for the dome!!!!!

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
Re: I've now tried the Fusion
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 06:33:36 PM »
Ok I was at the drug store tonight and needed to pick up some blades.  I happened to notice that the fusion starter kit was on sale for 50% off so I grabbed the last one.  As soon as I got home i  had to try it.  I have very thick, course hair.  I found that it did a fairly good job.  It glides easily and didn't gunk up with head slick as i thought it would, since it has 5 blades and they are so close together, and it rinsed easily.  One thing i really don't like is that the spring is way to soft i had to hold the blade with my thumb to stop it from moving.   After i was done I lathered up again and used my headblade with a Sensor blade that i've used twice before and i couldn't believe that it was cutting hair the fusion left. Not just one spot my whole head.  So I think i'll use the fusion for my face but the headblade is the winner in my books for the dome!!!!!

I'm right there with you. All the way to the Sensors on the headblade!

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »

what blades were you using for your headblade? i use the triples but they are doing a shitty job. someone told me the doubles get a better shave and last longer. it seems my triples are already dull and ive only used it twice.

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 09:17:57 PM »
I'm just using the Sensor Excel.  I've done the triples and for some odd reason they don't seem to work as good as the doubles.  I've also tried the cheap no name brand they they seemed to last just as long, but they don't have the fancy rubber lifter thing.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 09:19:28 PM »
so doubles are the best to use for the headblade?

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 09:21:03 PM »
That's how i 've see it!  Cam might agree. 

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 09:24:10 PM »
ya ive had bad experiences with my triples. the 1st time i used em i sliced my head bad. (the healings taking forever, and im missing spots shaving cuz of the scab). i also noticed how doll they are. the first time i used em i got a smooth shave. the second time i used em i got a clean shave but it wasnt as smooth.

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 09:28:28 PM »
Yeah healing take's forever!!   I wonder if they make them duller because there are more blades???  I smell a conspiracy. 

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 09:31:49 PM »
lol i dunno. when i first started shaving my head i used my trusty mach 3 turbo. but i got a headblade for xmas so im trying to get used to that as well. ive only used the headblade about 5 times so far. im kind of missing my mach 3  :'( lol. it took twice as long to shave with but it was my little buddy. it never cut me or let me down. i got a PERFECT shave with it. i might go back to it for a little.

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 09:40:08 PM »
Really!  I got use to my headblade the first time I used it.   I like it.  It makes me think of hot wheels.  I want to paint flames on it! LOL   Ok put your Mach 3 in the drawer and use only your headblade you will LOVE it!!!   So i'm guessing your only shaving every few days!!!!!  Well if it never cut you then it must be your friend. 

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 09:49:36 PM »
i shave every other day. every 3 days tops. no more than that.

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 09:54:53 PM »
ok that is acceptable! LOL  Yeah i've done the 3 days and just couldn't stand it!!!!  It's like Velcro.   Well by day 1.   What trip blades are you using?

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 10:00:52 PM »
That's how i 've see it!  Cam might agree. 

Yup, I totally agree. Always have gotten a better shave from doubles vs. trips.

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 10:02:26 PM »
What's with that???  Don't they market it as a better shave?

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 12:05:08 AM »
im using the generic triple blades that the headblade came with by the way. im gonna pick up some doubles tommorow and get back to yall on which i prefer. right now it seems like anything beats triples though lol. im sure i could get a closer shave with a plastic butter knife lol.

Enter your email address: