Author Topic: New guy from Los Angeles  (Read 4940 times)

Offline almostbald_again

• Sly Guy in Training
New guy from Los Angeles
« on: December 13, 2008, 08:09:51 PM »
Hey gang. First day here.

32 yo in Los Angeles, CA. Used to be a long haired guy a while back. Full head of hair now grown from my first headshave back in April. Problem was I grew it back immediately and now I regret it as it's now 5 inches all over. Willing to give it one more try after the Holidays and try to commit to it. Support from some local fellow sly guys would be helpful.

Holla back at me Angelinos....

Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 08:24:13 PM by almostbald_again »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: New guy from Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 09:17:58 PM »
This is what happens when you break the 30 day rule.  I did the same thing the first time I shaved my head.  I immediately let my hair grow back, and when it was completely grown in, I began to regret it.  I shaved it again a couple of months later and did the same thing.  This went on a couple of times until I finally realized that I wouldn't keep shaving my head every couple of months if I didn't really want to be bald.  So the next time I got the urge to shave my head, I made a commitment that I would keep it shaved for at least 30 days, no matter what.  That made a huge difference because even though I was tempted to grow my hair back a few times, I'd made a deal with myself that I wouldn't do it.  By the time the 30 days were up I didn't want to grow my hair back.

A lot of satisfaction comes along with making it through those first 30 days.  You can do it.  Keep visiting this site and you'll get all the encouragement you need.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 09:23:19 PM »
i went through the same thing and still am. in fact.......im gonna get eaten alive by this board but.....i actually might grow my hair back one last time over xmas break (while i still have some hair). that way if it looks real bad not too many people will see it. i just 4get what it looks like and i want to take a walk through memory lane again. it might turn into depression lane real quick though haha. so i could end up tossing that idea and  shaving it only  a week into growth lol.

marty22

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 09:31:34 PM »
howdy Almost Bald.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 10:00:46 PM »
hey almost:  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya joined us.  keep us posted 2 your road 2 slyness. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

buuckkweet

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 10:22:29 PM »
Welcome Bro!

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 10:24:01 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 10:43:51 PM »
i went through the same thing and still am. in fact.......im gonna get eaten alive by this board but.....i actually might grow my hair back one last time over xmas break (while i still have some hair). that way if it looks real bad not too many people will see it. i just 4get what it looks like and i want to take a walk through memory lane again. it might turn into depression lane real quick though haha. so i could end up tossing that idea and  shaving it only  a week into growth lol.

I'll tell you exactly how that scenario goes.  You stop shaving for two or three days and it's kind of exciting watching the hair fill in.  And then after about five days everything comes to a big slowdown .  The hair grows in slower and more sparsely on top while the sides continue to get thicker and you start to remember why you shaved in the first place.

I find it helps to keep some photographs on hand from just before your first headshave.  Pull them out whenever you start feeling nostalgic about your hair.  Like I said before, why look like this:

when you can look like this?

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 05:32:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum !!   O0

Offline Shaf

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 09:01:55 AM »
Likewise  O0
Hope u give it another shot.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 09:14:37 AM »
Almost, you have a great shaped head and no shadow that I can see.  Awsome look.  Who needs hair when you can look great!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 09:29:06 AM »
I agree - a great headshape you have there.  Welcome to the forum, and hope you're soon back to being bald 8)

Offline almostbald_again

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 09:43:14 AM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

(Gloss) I think doing it after the Holiday's as a new year resolution will lend itself to more success, specially since I'm trying to do the 30 day rule as Razor X suggests. I think back in April I wasn't successful in keeping it since I didn't have the support from other sly guys. I need them to check up on me!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 11:00:57 AM »
Welcome
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 01:37:40 PM »
Welcome from the Scottish branch of the forum!!  O0
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!