Author Topic: Should I finish it up?...ADVICE PLEASE!!!!  (Read 6678 times)

Offline patrikbrenn

• Learning the way of Sly
Should I finish it up?...ADVICE PLEASE!!!!
« on: November 16, 2008, 03:39:10 AM »
I've been never a fun of having a smooth head and for last years was keeping a buzzcut as #2,
Recently as it started thinning more at the temples I decided to buzz it without guard hoping it's gonna look better.
Yet after I did it (with some hesitation) I realized that it did not produce the effect, on contrary I have kind of impression  that you can see the receding more that it was before...Should I come back to # 2 buzzcut or maybe it's already the time to take the razor and to shave it completely (so there is no stubble visible)..I'm a little bit afraid to do it, please give me your honest advice..!

Offline patrikbrenn

• Learning the way of Sly
PS: Should I finish it up?...ADVICE PLEASE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 03:42:41 AM »
Pictures after clipping with no guard:

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
Re: Should I finish it up?...ADVICE PLEASE!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 04:01:07 AM »
Welcome to SBG patrick !!  Post up an introduction and introduce yourself to the bros... O0

I think all 3 pics you posted look fine although I think the last 2 where you have it buzzed look better on you.

My advice would be to shave it and try it for 30 days and if you don't like it grow it back, hey it's only hair. I think you really want to try it or you wouldn't have made this post !!   O0

Good luck, and if you do it, I'll bet you'll love it.... :)

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 04:08:36 AM »
I'll 2nd Brkeatr's comments. 
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 06:22:57 AM »
It only takes 2 or 3 days to grow your hair out to a zero-guard length, so just shave it and see what it looks like. 

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 07:23:06 AM »
I agree. Shaving is the way to go.  You have a good shaped head for the look.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

PE#1

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 08:07:48 AM »
That's just about what my hair looks like if I would grow it out fully.  Maybe just a bit thinner though.  I think it looks fine man.  It's really what you are happy with.  Me personally, I get tired of shaving sometimes and let mine go for a week or sometimes 2.  It doesn't bother me though.  Maybe do what I do.  Just give it a try totally shaved one time and if you like it then just switch it up every now and then.  You know, shave it with a razor one day, let it go for a week or so, and then shave it again.  Or even let it go for a month or so until you get a wild hair and want a different look again. 

But to answer your original question...NO, it does not look bad at all man.  Do what makes you happy and be secure with yourself.  If you can do that it really doesn't matter what you do with your hair.  Peace. O0

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 08:14:07 AM »
Looks fine in those pics but I suspect under bright light you can see your scalp a lot more. I would shave it down...
Your already used to short hair and you will still have a shadow anyway. 
Im going to guarantee once you shave it down you will never turn back.  Then you no longer have to worry about how much "worse" it is going to get.
On the other hand if you dont care about having your scalp shine in certain situations then leave it be.
But you wouldnt be here if you didnt care eh ?
Give it a try man...like the other bro's say...it will grow back to a zero over the course of a weekend.
Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 10:48:30 AM »
Hi.  You have just about the same sort of hairline as me when i grow mine out.  We're bound to say it on this site: try shaving the noggin for those 30 days and see how you feel.  Its very liberating, and whats more there's been no better time to try it, as a shaved head is becoming increasingly fashionable.   8)

Just give it a go.  The shorter hair pictures you posted suited you best, so sly will probably look even better. O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 12:31:37 PM »
Why not shave it smooth..

the buzzed O looked that much better...I think eliminating all hair you'll be surprised how your "balding" issues disappear..

go for the shave...you'll be back to a buzz in 2-3 days!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 02:18:38 PM »
I say, you have went this far...might as well jsut go for the shave to see what you think.  Dont just do it for one day though..do the 30 day thing, good luck

Offline Mclovin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 11:59:17 AM »
It's what we call "THE HAPPY ENDING" DO IT AND BECOME A FULL BROTHER. O:O

Offline jumissa.fi

• Finnish B.B.C.
  • Sly
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 12:06:52 PM »
Hear hear O0
--- BBC since July 2oo7 ---

http://www.myspace.com/jumissafi

Offline Mr. Wilson

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 12:11:42 PM »
If you are worried about coworkers opinions, then just shave your head on friday night and by monday you will look like your pic.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 02:35:23 PM »
You look good even with the buzz... no need to shave your head, unless you want to try it...
Do you want to try??  ;)