Author Topic: Not sure what to think....  (Read 4702 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Re: Not sure what to think....
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 05:49:58 PM »
I had noticed it was a bit slow the last few days myself. longer time switching between boards and threads.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 09:06:38 PM »
I am experiencing it right now.   Takes like 5-10 seconds for it to switch over to different threads or when I post.  Just tried to send Tom a pm and i waited and waited and it went to a screen where it said I lost connection to the site.  I hit my back button and Im still here so I resent the pm with no problem.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 09:10:11 PM »
ok all, Im signing out after only being in here for about 5 minutes. 

Tyler....are you aware of any problems?  I am having to hit my back button after I try to send a reply to post or to send pm's.  Going from thread to thread or from unreads or to the forum page takes forever.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 10:27:27 PM »
Hey guys, because this thread wasn't in the Site Suggestions thread I didn't notice it until Tim PM'd me.  I haven't experienced anything like this, but I will look into it for sure.  I may need to compress the database or something as it sounds like it's a DB issue.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 10:33:49 PM »
Hey guys, I just performed some maintenance, so let me know if you notice a difference.

In the future please create a topic title like THE SITE IS SLOW so it catches my attention.  Or you can just PM me.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Maltz

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 12:58:35 AM »
It's definitely a DB error, and it's still doing it off and on.  Here's the error I'm getting sometimes, if that's any help.

: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
/home/content/s/l/y/slybguy/html/smf/Sources/Load.php

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 03:46:57 AM »
Real slow this am for me....I find a lot of times it's terrible in the am and gets better in the pm....this am has been bad so far but this is just the second post.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 09:24:13 AM »
Slow here too.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am