Author Topic: SBG gun nuts, your opinion?  (Read 22244 times)

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
Re: SBG gun nuts, your opinion?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 12:12:07 PM »
yes the HK USP is a polymer frame and it is DA/SA, the only problem I've heard from anyone is that they have a heavy trigger in DA but I like it

Well...a heavy trigger pull can always be lightened by a good gunsmith, and I happen to have one! Thanks Nomad, I now consider the HK's a part of the "in the running" list  O0

unfortunately if your lighten the DA the SA will go off on its own by just looking at it, and for some reason I don't think that would be good

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 12:22:06 PM »
unfortunately if your lighten the DA the SA will go off on its own by just looking at it, and for some reason I don't think that would be good

Errrr... Yeah... I can think of very few situations in which spontaneous firing would be a good thing  :*))

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 01:12:53 AM »
Got some good news - the place where we're going to buy the guns (Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, MO) has a gun range on site where you can rent and fire various weapons. This is really exciting to me 'cause it means I can feel the differences in balance and recoil, etc. before I buy.

The front runners for me (I'm a .45 guy) are the Sig P220 (double stack version) and the H&K USP. It seems these guns are pretty much equal. I've been reading reviews on law enforcement & military (spec war) sites, and it really seems to be a "tomatos" "tomatoes" kind of thing. Not that the Taurus is out of the running - or the Springfield Armory... but those 2 are running in the front of the pack.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 03:42:12 AM »
I don't think you could go wrong on either one ....good luck.... O0

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 04:09:42 PM »
And the winner was *drum roll*

The Sig P220 Carry, SAO. I ended up choosing the SAO because of my familiarity with 1911 type pistols, which carried over to that gun.

It's seen a little CCW through the summer, but not a lot, as it's hard to conceal under light clothing. However - It'll see it's share when Winter hits. Now I just have to find an OWB holster, for winter... LOL ;D

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 04:13:42 PM »
Well damn!!!!! Scotty makes an appearance after a long absence!!! Welcome back!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 09:43:24 AM »
Hehehe...yeah, I've been guilty of a prolonged absence. Hey Mike!  I'll do my best to visit more regularly, from here on out. I was reminded to visit after seeing SBG over on Facebook...and I said to myself "Hey, I've got to get back in touch over there, with all the SBG's!" :D

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 12:22:44 AM »
Well, day late and a dollar short... I was going to recommend the P-220R Carry SAO.  O:O

The holster is made by... are you ready for this?

Ugly Bald Guy!  http://www.ubgholsters.com/  O0
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 12:24:26 AM by Sgt. Pate »

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 10:36:18 PM »
I truly love my Sig. It eats everything I put in it, and has never had a FTF, stovepipe, or jam of any sort. It is far more accurate than I am. I definitely have the SIGness! :D

Thanks for the tip, Sgt. Pate! That high riding pancake holster seems to be JUST what I'm looking for, for Winter carry. You have almost certainly given UBG another customer. ;D

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 09:29:27 AM »
Friend of mine was a big Sig guy. He got shot in the back of the head the other night. Never had time to unbotton his jacket let alone draw his weapon. RIP my friend.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 07:58:22 PM »
Glad to help Horse man... that's an Inside the Waist Band (IWB) holster.  It make it possible to conceal that SIG under a large t-shirt in the summer and is very comfortable too!   O0

Really sorry for your loss Tom, that's a hard way to lose a friend.  :(

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 08:44:43 AM »
Tom - I agree with the sarge... and am so sorry for your loss.

Sgt. Pate - I already have a great IWB holster - the Crossbreed Supertuck. I need an OWB now. Pretty sure the one I'm looking at is OWB, buit I wanna call & talk to the guy first.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 01:04:08 AM »
Kramer makes a nice OWB as well as many others.  Check out www.defensivecarry.com and look at some of the pictures members there have posted!  O0

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 08:56:08 AM »
If I may also recommend a site for you (and any others who CCW) I belong to the site www.uscca.us. Now this is a paid forum, it costs about $50 a year - but that price also includes a monthly magazine delivered to your doorstep. I believe there is an option to get just the web site for about $35 a year. I've been extremely impressed and happy with the content of the site and the magazine so far. Being a paid forum, it doesn't get nearly the amount of flame wars and idiocy I've run across on so many free sites.

*DISCLAIMER* I am in no way involved with USCCA  beyond being a paid member. I will not gain any reward or perk of any kind, if anyone from here joins. I am just a satisfied customer, spreading the word - and if it makes any difference, I have mentioned SBG over on their site ;D

Bald_freak

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2009, 06:18:10 AM »
i had the hk .40 cal. in the usp frame. loved that gun. you should try to go shoot several different guns to see what you lke. good luck bro.

I wish we could, but in the area of MO that we live in, there are no gun ranges that rent weapons for test firing. We're just going to have to go for fit and how they feel "dry firing" and trust my knowledge of recoil associated with different calibers. I wish it were otherwise, but you just have to play the cards you're dealt :-\ Thanks for another endorsement of the HK, though O0

Dry firing ain't the wisest thing to do. They sell special dummy rounds if I remember right theyre called snap caps.