Author Topic: I'm New Here  (Read 7782 times)

Offline don

• Sly
I'm New Here
« on: January 22, 2007, 11:31:29 PM »
Hi I'm Don and new to this site. I'm not to the extreme yet.I have very thin hair on top and pretty good hair on the sides and I keep it cut short so I don't look as balding. I even wear a hairpiece for special occasions and have gotten very flattering comments on it. I can't give up hair altogether. I will be 50 in a few weeks and what really hurts is when I see men in their 70s with more hair than me. The good thing is that everyone tells me that with or without the hairpiece I look good either way.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: I'm New Here
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 02:13:30 AM »
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!!  We look forward to getting to know you!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 03:52:58 AM »
Welcome Don!

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 04:24:31 AM »
Welcome to the group Don   ;D
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 05:56:46 AM »
Hello Don
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 07:17:45 AM »
donmeister!....willkommen im Forum

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 02:49:33 PM »
Welcome Don!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 04:30:43 PM »
Hi Don
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

BaldRob

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 03:35:54 PM »
Hi I'm Don and new to this site. I'm not to the extreme yet.I have very thin hair on top and pretty good hair on the sides and I keep it cut short so I don't look as balding. I even wear a hairpiece for special occasions and have gotten very flattering comments on it. I can't give up hair altogether. I will be 50 in a few weeks and what really hurts is when I see men in their 70s with more hair than me. The good thing is that everyone tells me that with or without the hairpiece I look good either way.

Why does it hurt?  Balding is a naturally occurring process.  Accept and embrace the fact that you're bald and toss the rug! D#tG3t 
You'll be a much happier person not covering it up, especially since you only cover it for special occasions...

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 03:41:25 PM »
Welcome Don;
                       You sure came to the right place, if you are questioning weather or not to scalp your lid, you'll find alot of help here. As for my opinion I think you should do the deed. no more worrying.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 03:57:24 PM »
Hair sucks as far as i'm concerned.     I mean, getting up and having to brush it, or use hairspray/styling gel to keep it in place.    Having to go and get it cut for 15-20 bucks only to repeat the process once a month maybe more.   

It doesn't look better than being bald either.    Being bald makes your eyes dominant and you naturally smile easier.   

But you have to be comfortable with whatever decision you make.    If you are going to hate being bald, then keep the hairpiece. 

But if you think others really care whether you have hair or not, they really don't.    And so what if they do.   You should live your life for yourself anyway, not for other people.

bald for life

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 02:30:04 AM »
Yeah, welcome Don  :)
I'm with David
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 02:32:58 AM »
;)
I'm with David
Way to David!  You got a fine English fox like MagmaBabe.  O0
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 02:34:49 AM »
;)
I'm with David

easy tiger!!  :px
I hope that doesn't mean what I think you think it means...or something!  ;D

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 02:43:32 AM »
;)
I'm with David

I know and I didn't even have to use a cool pickup line  ;D.    Just kidding, MB.
bald for life