Author Topic: Bald rockers !  (Read 33863 times)

BALDANDRE

Re: Bald rockers !
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 06:13:46 PM »
Joe Satriani with hair

Joe Satriani without hair

He needs to trim his arm hair!

Bro...I was thinkin the same thing..

a little "upper manscape" thing might be in order!

marty22

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 06:26:29 AM »
Satriani: amazing change as he got older; MOby always looks like a wackadoodle professor; tony Levin rocks.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2008, 06:56:17 AM »
Joe Satriani with hair

Joe Satriani without hair

He needs to trim his arm hair!

Only if he feels that he needs to!  Having a hairy body with a bald or shaved head is a very masculine look.  As I have said on another thread, I have always seen hairy bodies and bald heads going hand in hand, since nature has often done that!

Offline Rafter

• Super Sly
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 08:40:18 AM »
You can't have this thread go by w/o mentioning Americanidols' most famous headshaver, Chris Daughtry.

He wouldn't be half the success
 with this Herman Munster "do".

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2008, 03:05:04 PM »
Dude, I was told that this guy died of an overdose a few years ago.
I'll have to check out his music.

Nope, he's alive and well. He actually left to pursue his music career. He said that he didn't want to lose his hair on a kids' show and shaved his head the day after filming the last episode.

His music is awesome. He had some members of The Flaming Lips work on the album with him.

Awesome.  The Flaming Lips are a great band.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 09:47:36 PM »
You can't have this thread go by w/o mentioning Americanidols' most famous headshaver, Chris Daughtry.

He wouldn't be half the success
 with this Herman Munster "do".

Nice find Rafter..

and I agree,,

the bald head gives him such a cool edge!

See boys bald is and can be better in most cases 8)

Musician000

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2008, 07:41:56 PM »

Nope, he's alive and well. He actually left to pursue his music career. He said that he didn't want to lose his hair on a kids' show and shaved his head the day after filming the last episode.

His music is awesome. He had some members of The Flaming Lips work on the album with him.

Dude...thanks for finding Steve!

BlueClues isn't the same without him...

we watched with my niece!

My son always preferred Steve and I admit I was bummed when he left the show, too  :) I heard that rumor about his alleged overdose and looked into it and found out about his musical pursuits. It made me respect the guy even more.

I didn't see any pics of his shaved noggin, though. It was probably a relief not getting recognized constantly by every kid (and their parents) on the street.

Offline timorousme

• Sly Jr.
    • I Make Music With Game Boys and Segas
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 09:07:49 PM »

Dude...thanks for finding Steve!

BlueClues isn't the same without him...

we watched with my niece!

My son always preferred Steve and I admit I was bummed when he left the show, too  :) I heard that rumor about his alleged overdose and looked into it and found out about his musical pursuits. It made me respect the guy even more.

I didn't see any pics of his shaved noggin, though. It was probably a relief not getting recognized constantly by every kid (and their parents) on the street.

He actually does still get recognized oddly enough, and he's very nice to them. He still works with kids sometimes too. He's just a genuine nice guy. I mean, I could imagine how much it would suck to be "The guys from Blue's Clues," but without that, he would just be a no-name actor and not doing what he loves.

In my Human Development class, we had a whole section on Blue's Clues and watched this video about the conception of the show and the whole phenomenon that came about. I guess Steve was this long-haired skater kid who dropped out of high school and made a couple of acting appearances on TV shows and voice-over work. Blue's Clues was such an instant phenomenon that it absolutely peaked his career out of nowhere, and he wouldn't be able to do what he's doing now. He probably can't help but appreciate the role.

TwistedLefty

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2008, 03:22:26 PM »
Pixies frontman
Frank Black

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 03:25:08 PM by TwistedLefty »

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2008, 03:32:04 PM »
other than Daughtry
my fav. is the lead singer of Vertical Horizon
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!