Author Topic: How many push ups/pull ups can YOU do ?  (Read 16815 times)

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
How many push ups/pull ups can YOU do ?
« on: August 23, 2008, 06:24:04 PM »
Just wondering as my head cools down from a hot shower and shave.
I could do like 70 push ups but sadly only like 12 pull ups. I have always found pull ups difficult.
what about you guys ?

Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
Re: How many push ups/pull ups can YOU do ?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 06:29:46 PM »
I include push ups in my workouts, using the Perfect Pushups handles.  I generally do about 6 sets of 25-30 each with about 20 seconds rest between sets.

Pullups are another story and they are difficult unless done often.  I incorporated them in the workouts for a while, then my elbow started hurting daily.  When I dropped the pullups out, my elbow stopped hurting.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 06:33:55 PM »
I include push ups in my workouts, using the Perfect Pushups handles.  I generally do about 6 sets of 25-30 each with about 20 seconds rest between sets.

Pullups are another story and they are difficult unless done often.  I incorporated them in the workouts for a while, then my elbow started hurting daily.  When I dropped the pullups out, my elbow stopped hurting.

I usually do about 5 or 6 sets of 25 pushups.  Pull-ups depend on whether they are wide grip or narrow grip, and how tired I am at the time.  If I'm fresh and it's at the beginning of the workout, I can usually do about 3 sets of 20 pullups with a narrow grip.  I can get through the same amount of wide-grip, usually, but it's more of a struggle. Near the middle or end of a workout when I'm getting tired, it's very hit or miss.

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 06:51:43 PM »
those perfect push ups are pretty cool.
I use them in the crossfit workout I do.
One of the workouts is...
15 push ups, 12 dips, and 10 overhead presses with 115 lbs...superset.
Do as many supersets as you can for 20 minutes....i go all out and it just kills me even though its only 20 minutes

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 07:22:45 PM »
Push ups and pull ups?

I'm pretty sure I can do push aways (like I push myself away from the dinner table) and pull to's (Like I pull the g/f into my lap). :px
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 07:25:15 PM by FR8TRAIN »
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 07:41:38 PM »
Do as many supersets as you can for 20 minutes....i go all out and it just kills me even though its only 20 minutes

That does sound pretty intense, I may give that a try.  I work dips in on tricep day, but I do them between two benches instead of a regular dip stand, since that's what's available.  How long do you rest between the supersets?

marty22

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 08:26:28 PM »
pullups-3 sets of 15 as per my instructor. No spring chicken here. LOL

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 08:27:27 PM »
pullups-3 sets of 15 as per my instructor. No spring chicken here. LOL
Pretty good for an old guy, Marty!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

marty22

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 08:37:16 PM »
you know it, Pruitt!

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 08:41:15 PM »
Push ups and pull ups?

I'm pretty sure I can do push aways (like I push myself away from the dinner table) and pull to's (Like I pull the g/f into my lap). :px
I'm with you there Bro. I see it this way, after nine years in the military I have ran enough miles, did enough sit ups, push-ups, pull-up's to last me and several othere people a life time :D
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 10:13:40 PM »

That does sound pretty intense, I may give that a try.  I work dips in on tricep day, but I do them between two benches instead of a regular dip stand, since that's what's available.  How long do you rest between the supersets?

Untill you can do another superset...it doesnt even necessarily HAVE to be a superset.  I basically just do as much as I can do in 20 minutes.
One thing...just make sure you do every rep of every set. No cheating...even if you have to have longer pauses between reps. If you go all out you will be shaking as you get around the 15 minute mark.

You will feel much more sore than if you did a whole hour plus workout.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 10:24:33 PM »
Push ups...i eat those....taste very good on a hot summers day...the orange sherbert kind..yumm

and Pull ups...havent had those in this house for over 6 years now...i think ..at least i hope everyone is potty trained now...

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 10:50:33 PM »
I'm trying to learn how to do the pushups where you push yourself up off the ground, clap your hands together and then resume the position to do another pushup.  I can do them but I can't get as much height as I would like.  I'm always afraid of my face hitting the ground.    :P

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 01:53:38 AM »
I'm trying to learn how to do the pushups where you push yourself up off the ground, clap your hands together and then resume the position to do another pushup.  I can do them but I can't get as much height as I would like.  I'm always afraid of my face hitting the ground.    :P

Put a small pillow down...you won't need to worry about your face........ O0

Want more heigth,  don't try to do the clapping push-ups for a while, instead put some weight on you back and do the push-up's as fast as possible....
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 02:29:05 AM »
59 pushups, 1 for every year, 10 1 arm pushups, no pull ups have no bar