Author Topic: What made you go bald?  (Read 292351 times)

Offline Boots

• Sly Jr.
Re: What made you go bald?
« Reply #225 on: December 22, 2008, 06:17:09 PM »
I started noticing the horseshoe pattern around 25... everyone else probably noticed and didn't say anything years before.

When I took my wedding announcement photos and asked the guy to 'shop in some hair, I started looking into my options... though deluding myself that I ok the way I was.  I didn't like the idea of doing the creams/pills for the rest of my life, and transplants would leave a signature if I ever did go sly.

I would avoid being in pictures cause I was then forced to see just how far gone my hair was.  Where I work, they have mirrored glass, so every morning I kept seeing this Mao Tse Tung "skyline" walking into the building (sunlight really shows how little you have, compared to incandescents).  Finally I said "Fug it".... got some good shiate for my psoriasis, and once that cleared I went sly... at 37.

Offline DaithiSean

• Sly
  • stern mode whilst trying to work my webcam
« Reply #226 on: December 23, 2008, 02:14:09 AM »
I first went bald last year due to an accident with Nair !  I was removing the hair from my shoulders and neck and as usual had covered myself in a thick layer of gunk.  After a few minutes I thought that things felt a little different, but did nothing about it until the time came to wash it all off and I found that I had a huge bald patch on the back of my head due to some over enthusiastic application of Nair !! As a result I had to shave what was just a No1 crop all off.  I loved the experience at the time, and liked being bald, but the hair grew back and I thought nothing more of it until about a month ago when, on a whim, I shaved my head again.  Since then, I've not looked back and what was shaving my head once a week has now become a nightly occurence.

Offline Danny

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2008, 10:45:35 PM »
I had the horseshoe looking going on. But actually less than a horseshoe. People always said I reminded them of Bruce Willis so I thought if it works for him then I'll try it too.

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #228 on: January 03, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »
I did it for the hell of it and liked it.Plus my ex seem to really like it.
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline oldkookskater

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #229 on: January 14, 2009, 10:28:11 AM »
God did it with genetics.  O0

My hair was growing in a Krusty the Clown style.  I tried to grow it longer, but the sides and a patch on the top got thick and the rest was just gross.  One day my daughter said (in the most encouraging voice a preschooler can muster) "Daddy, daddy, your bald spot is shrinking! Your hair is growing back!"  It was really just that it was so long that it laid all over the "spot." (It was *not* an intentional comb-over - the hair I have left is just weird when it gets longer.)  I got a haircut the following week and she said "I'm sorry to tell you daddy but your bald spot is big again."

She's getting used to the shaved-bald look.  She hated it at first and said it's because I don't look like her daddy as much as I used to.   My sons are cool with it too, though my oldest is hoping he won't lose his hair like his old man.  My youngest hasn't got a clue yet... still an innocent 4 years old.
rob

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #230 on: January 14, 2009, 11:17:43 AM »
my forehead got to tall and wide for my hairline  :D

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #231 on: January 18, 2009, 10:07:12 AM »
Altough I have lots of hair, I aways wanted to shave my head until the day I did it for the 1st time (7 years ago) and loved it! Since then I became a regular shaver. Sometimes I let it grow a little, only to shave again. I like the bald feeling. Love when I'm bald.

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #232 on: January 28, 2009, 01:15:09 PM »
What made me go bald?  My razor!  I always wanted to try it out.  No real MPB, but the hair was just baby fine (always has been) and a real pain in the patuckuss.  There came a party, dares, a razor.... well.... you get the idea.  Shaved by a sly English bloke who said I would love it.... and I do!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline JamesCT

• Sly Jr.
    • Adam & Andy
« Reply #233 on: January 30, 2009, 10:01:57 PM »
I had the beginnings of MPB even at the tender age of 21. I kept my hair cropped close for several years before finally taking a razor to it and never looked back.

I shaved my head because I thought it made me look tougher.  8)

marty22

« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2009, 06:14:34 AM »
welcome Jay, you tough guy!

Offline Metch

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2009, 07:58:05 PM »
I went bald because i have a twin brother who has really long hair and i also used to have long hair and then i started buzzing it to set us apart a bit because i hate it when people cant tell us apart, and my brother said to me "you might as well just go completely bald!" and i did and will never go back

Offline DBM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #236 on: February 16, 2009, 12:01:58 AM »
Told my wife if it started to look like a comb-over that she should tell me and I'd shave it.  Well yesterday she was honest! lol

HoodooMan

« Reply #237 on: March 03, 2009, 04:02:39 PM »
first off, genetics. second, the comments from friends and family that i was going bald made me shave the rest of it off!

Offline Perry Noia

• Autodidact (Yes, that's an excuse)
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • It's awesome to be back!
« Reply #238 on: April 01, 2009, 09:02:09 AM »
I went bald because I wanted to be a new face in the crowd. I'm the only bald kid at my high school and it feels GREAT! Thing is, I've got a bit of a receding hairline that'll probably get worse with time (since my dad, uncle, and grandad went bald in their early 20's), so it probably helps that I embrace the future now.

Bald is Bold and Bald is Beautiful!
"You're 17! What do you know?"

"I know two things, sir. One, I'm smarter than you. Two, I'm younger than you."

marty22

« Reply #239 on: April 01, 2009, 09:39:48 AM »
Went bald cause my old transplants were totally outdated and I wasnt going for more surgery. Howver I wound up having my share of surgery, dermabrasion and lasering to get rid of the hairs. A real bargain at half the price!

Enter your email address: