Author Topic: Give me suggestions for my profile on a dating site?  (Read 11117 times)

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
Re: Give me suggestions for my profile on a dating site?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 05:43:42 AM »
Any luck yet on there yet, dog?
Nope, but I am talking to a really cool girl.  She lives in my state, but she is 180 miles away. 

well it sounds to me like you're making some progress anyways  :)
and hey.. 180 miles aint so far.. I was in a relationship with someone that lived that
far from me and that lasted for over a year and a half.
Saying that though, you still might meet someone closer.  ;)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 09:25:43 AM »
Any luck yet on there yet, dog?
Nope, but I am talking to a really cool girl.  She lives in my state, but she is 180 miles away. 

well it sounds to me like you're making some progress anyways  :)
and hey.. 180 miles aint so far.. I was in a relationship with someone that lived that
far from me and that lasted for over a year and a half.
Saying that though, you still might meet someone closer.  ;)

I got to talk to them first lol

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 11:41:55 AM »
180 miles is a long way if u only have  a pedal bicycle,you would be knackered before u got there.Why go online there are loads about local, like catching  a bus 1 comes along , nice ride 20 mins, get off another 1 comes along.Do not know why u are haveing so much trouble scoring.

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 11:45:57 AM »
180 miles is a long way if u only have  a pedal bicycle,you would be knackered before u got there.Why go online there are loads about local, like catching  a bus 1 comes along , nice ride 20 mins, get off another 1 comes along.Do not know why u are haveing so much trouble scoring.

I have a car and I am single just because I never try.  I don't know how to approach women and what to say to them.  I'm not very confident and I worry about looking like an idiot in front of them.

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 11:53:28 AM »
Just smile and say Hi, they will show u by there responce if interested in u.Do it to 1 hundred women I bet u get a few who come on to u,

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 01:33:49 PM »
Most people can't take that many hits. He's not a freak cause he's trying online. There's tons and tons of people that use a profile online to screen people and then meet them in person. I have many friends, but I like to meet people online, too. Some people from this site have even become friends. Since many people start romantic relationships as friends, I think it's pretty normal.
Plus, as woman talk to him, it can boost his confidence.
Confidence is a good thing, therefore online dating for him is a good thing. It's easy to judge when you're different than him. It may be easy for you to get lots of dates, but not everyone feels it is so easy to make a romantic connection with the opposite sex. And it's not just guys.

Okay, my friendly rant is over. Goodluck, bro.

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 02:03:51 PM »
Well said, J Digory
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 02:10:38 PM »
I think unless you're an 18-24 year old, hot bi-sexual female you're hit count is generally pretty low :D

Being honest is best though, otherwise you'll have to live up to your lies if you ever meet anyone.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 02:12:27 PM by Lucky13MN »

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 02:12:27 PM »
Most people can't take that many hits. He's not a freak cause he's trying online. There's tons and tons of people that use a profile online to screen people and then meet them in person. I have many friends, but I like to meet people online, too. Some people from this site have even become friends. Since many people start romantic relationships as friends, I think it's pretty normal.
Plus, as woman talk to him, it can boost his confidence.
Confidence is a good thing, therefore online dating for him is a good thing. It's easy to judge when you're different than him. It may be easy for you to get lots of dates, but not everyone feels it is so easy to make a romantic connection with the opposite sex. And it's not just guys.

Okay, my friendly rant is over. Goodluck, bro.
I agree J, with everything that you've just stated.. my friend joined an online dating agency a few years ago.. she realised that she didn't just want to meet someone whilst out clubbing or in the pub which seemed to be the norm (as they're usually after one thing) and there wasn't anyone local that she was interested in - when you've lived in a town all your life, you pretty much end up knowing most everyone, or something about them one way or another. Anyway, she ended up meeting someone who turned out to be really special (that was over six years ago) and they are now married and have a son who is almost a year old.
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline J Digory

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 02:29:16 PM »
Yeah, there are some great tales where people make some great friends or mates online. It might not be for everyone, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

I actually joined this same site after I saw dog20 on it. I never even heard of it...I'm just looking to meet some friends in my area, but I'm open to more eventually. I'm a dude, and while it's true I don't get a million messages a day, I do get lots of visits to my profile and about half of the women I message respond back. I am have some great conversations with several ladies, and have made some genuine friendships in less than a week.
Honestly though, I don't expect anything magical from the site. I'm happy just meeting some people, and hopefully to hang out with some cool cats in my area.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 02:54:40 PM »
Yeah, there are some great tales where people make some great friends or mates online. It might not be for everyone, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

I actually joined this same site after I saw dog20 on it. I never even heard of it...I'm just looking to meet some friends in my area, but I'm open to more eventually. I'm a dude, and while it's true I don't get a million messages a day, I do get lots of visits to my profile and about half of the women I message respond back. I am have some great conversations with several ladies, and have made some genuine friendships in less than a week.
Honestly though, I don't expect anything magical from the site. I'm happy just meeting some people, and hopefully to hang out with some cool cats in my area.
yeah, which is how it should be.. my friend wasn't signing up because she wanted to meet a husband.. she just
wanted to meet someone who had similar interests that she could spend time with.. and they just clicked!
Dog.. I'm not saying it was the first person that she came across either.. she went out on quite a few dates and even made friends with a couple of them, so if it doesn't happen to you straight away, don't give up. It's fun meeting new people. Put things down to experience, you learn a little something from everyone you meet or talk to.  :)

Online dating is becoming more and more popular.. to be honest, I'd rather do that to meet someone than go out pubbing or clubbing. That just seems totally pointless to me now. Most of the men that I meet when I'm out are already in a relationship anyway I end up not trusting any of them - some of them are stupid enough to blatantly lie when they're wearing a wedding ring lol. I don't want to meet someone like that, especially not when they're out of their face.

J Digory... good luck to you my friend.. let me know how things turn out for you regarding the site.
You seem confident enough so I'm sure you won't have any trouble meeting new people  :)

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 04:24:10 PM »
I don't go to bars or clubs so I have no idea where else I'm supposed to meet people.

Offline J Digory

• Super Sly
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 08:01:51 PM »
Haha. I have loads of confidence UNTIL it gets romantic. I am a softy who is afraid of having his heart broken.  :XX

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2008, 01:31:27 AM »
If u can not get a date, Look in the mirror, change your appearance, try it for a couple of weeks, u never no. Most Lay-days I know do not like facial hair.Go to the gym bulk up, my mates who are body builders have no trouble pulling and they are not very pretty.

Northernlion

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2008, 06:29:14 AM »
dog why are you offering to pay for the meals/activities of girls you've never met? It should be a privilege for them to meet you, not something you have to bribe them with. I understand it's considered chivalrous and traditional but in the modern age it's:

a) Not essential, since girls make the same amount more or less
b) Not going to make them more attracted to you

Your profile looks better but I'd still make some changes. Two simple rules: be passionate, be positive. Most girls are attracted to positive men who are excited about life.

If that's not who you are, maybe you should try to be that person.