Author Topic: Finaly did it!  (Read 7090 times)

Offline siveloz

• Learning the way of Sly
Finaly did it!
« on: August 05, 2008, 11:51:37 AM »
Well ive been living a lie for too long now and just had my head trim down to #3.  I've been using toppik for 3 long years now and the skin on my head did not get any sunshine so it's really pale compared to my face.  Could one use suntan lotion on my head even if i still have some hair left there. I've looked on a couple of suntane lotion bottle and they all say to avoid eyelashes and hair line..

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
Re: Finaly did it!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 11:59:21 AM »
firstly, let me say Congrats siveloz and welcome to the board!

I say, shave it ALL off...but if you feel you're not ready to do that yet.. I'm sure that putting
sunblock on your head with a little hair on your noggin won't hurt, might just make your hair look a
little greasy.  :)
I do it to my boys when I take them down to a number one.

can't quite understand where the eyelashes come into it though?!
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline jhickman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 12:33:27 PM »
Welcome siveloz.  Congrats on beginning the road toward sly-dom. 

In regards to the pale head, most of us went through it.  To remedy this, I used Jergen's natural glow stuff on the noggin before I went to sleep (let it dry) and washed it off in the morning.  I'm still alive and not too crazy :D   

The color is natural and I saw results pretty quickly. 

I don't use it anymore because I didn't care for the color differential between my neck up and neck down.  It looked funny when I'd go swimming or when working out.  IMHO it would be too much of a pain to use all over every day, but that's just me.

For a quick fix and short term solution go with Jergen's, but just daily normal sunshine should even it out quickly.

Offline siveloz

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 12:39:14 PM »
thanks guys.. I guess i'll give it a trie tonight and see how it goes... just looking to use it until i can get some someshine on there.... forcast is clowdy and raine for the next couple of weeks so thanks again! 

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 01:03:30 PM »
Siveloz, where are you from?
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 01:13:50 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Siveloz!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline siveloz

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 02:08:25 PM »

New-Brunswick, Canada.... you?

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 04:28:13 PM »
Welcome, Glad to have you with us.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »

sorry, that question probably seemed quite rude, I didn't mean it to.
Just wondered whether you were a brit as your weather forecast seems quite familiar!  ;)

I'm from england.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 05:54:05 PM »
Congrats siveloz ... That's a good start !!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline siveloz

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 04:08:18 AM »

sorry, that question probably seemed quite rude, I didn't mean it to.
Just wondered whether you were a brit as your weather forecast seems quite familiar!  ;)

I'm from england.

heheh so i guess nobody is getting good weather as of late....   I guess once my vacations are over the weather will be good ;)

And Thanks everyone for all the replys!   I am still debating if i should just shave it all off or not.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 04:09:59 AM by siveloz »

Offline Mclovin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 09:17:06 AM »
Hello friend,
 I use a self tanning lotion mid range every morning and it will even out your white dome. I live in Pittsburgh and sunshine is hard to come by and I also work indoors so I understand. Give the self tanning stuff a go. By the way wear a plastic glove when putting it on as it will tan your hand.
Later
Mclovin 8)

Offline BJ

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 09:32:26 AM »
I've looked on a couple of suntane lotion bottle and they all say to avoid eyelashes and hair line..

You can use a self tanner on your head. Just avoid getting near your eyes. I've had success with Jergens Natural Glo.

Enter your email address: