Author Topic: Jack is Back!  (Read 10344 times)

BaldRob

Re: Jack is Back!
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2007, 01:26:12 PM »
                                                  MUSLIMS PROTEST "24"

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/19/24.muslims.ap/index.html

JEEZ....I really don't get it.  I certainly don't believe that all muslims are terrorists.....but for cryin' out loud...terrorists, particularly the ones that hit us on 9/11 certainly weren't Mormons, Roman Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Presbyterians...or even Budhists or Hindus !!

As if they are being capriciously and inaccurately singled out as scripted in "24"

***SIGH***  >:(

And quoted from the article:
"Over the past several seasons, the villains have included shadowy Anglo businessmen, Baltic Europeans, Germans, Russians, Islamic fundamentalists, and even the (Anglo-American) president of the United States," the network said. "The show has made a concerted effort to show ethnic, religious and political groups as multidimensional, and political issues are debated from multiple viewpoints."

Not just Muslims are being portrayed as the terrorists on the show....  They even forgot to mention that the Colombians were terrorists in Season 2!

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
Re: Jack and the Russians
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2007, 07:56:39 AM »
Is it me or did the last episode make no sense?

Why would Jack do something like invade ANOTHER consulate, knowing full well he would get caught before he got to call CTU? 

Is Jack getting soft or is it just bad writing?

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2007, 08:00:08 AM »
Jack is probably getting punchy from saving the world so many times.... O:O

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2007, 08:11:24 AM »
Man 24 is getting good!

But, I think the camera focused too many times on the knife the last episode. We all knew what was going to happen before it did.

BaldRob

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2007, 08:29:12 AM »
Man 24 is getting good!

But, I think the camera focused too many times on the knife the last episode. We all knew what was going to happen before it did.

Yeah... but it still was a great episode!!!!!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2007, 08:30:24 AM »
Man 24 is getting good!

Yeah, I saw it coming before she even stood up
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

jusbnme

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2007, 01:17:15 PM »
Man 24 is getting good!

Yeah they did focus on the knife a little too much.  You knew what was going to happen.  I still like 24.  It's one of my favorite shows but some of the writing is getting a little out of hand for me.  Hopefully it won't get too out of hand.