Author Topic: For today at least I am Sly!  (Read 2709 times)

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
For today at least I am Sly!
« on: July 24, 2008, 07:02:44 AM »
Afternoon everyone! 

Firstly I just wanted to apologise for my slightly depressing post a week ago on the members' board.  I was having what can ironically be described as a bad hair day!  I am sure there are more of them to come.  However I have taken your comments on board and am happy with the results. 

I was reading the comments on the new King of Shaves razor whilst at work this lunchtime.  All of a sudden i found myself actually standing up heading straight out of the office and to the local supermarket to buy one, necessary given the state of the fuzz going on up there (see avatar).  I was excited about shaving my head, the first time i can say that has truly happened!  Unfortunately they didnt have them yet, but it felt great to be buying a razor in the same way that another guy might buy a new styling product.  Another big change is that I have found myself reading and posting on this Site to read about any old rubbish not just to seek reassurance - it is great and my post count has increased accordingly!

So I suppose this is what it feels like to be sly eh?  My first experience of it has been a long time coming (I have been shaving for 3 years now) but today, and although it may not last, I understood what it is not only to be bald, but to be sly bald.

Thanks guys, the last week has really shown me what a great bunch of guys and girls you really are.  I am not sure that collectively we appreciate just how many people are helped by this site.  Tyler, you have a lot to answer for - well done!

O0

A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Joe442

• Sly Jr.
Re: For today at least I am Sly!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 07:14:48 AM »
AMEN Argyle to the fact that there are many many wonderful supportive guys and girls on this site!  I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better about your slyness....it suits you well bro  O0

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 07:21:41 AM »
Argyle,

I believe that you are on the right track.  If people joined the forum and participated in the entire community they might find more of a sense of belonging.  Too many times a new person joins and their entire thrust is a string of whinging posts about poor me, my hair is falling out and I'll be ugly, but if I shave my head everyone will hate me . . . on and on ad nauseum.

There is more going on here than just shaving ones head.  I hope that my participation on this forum will create friendships that will last for a long time.  In light of that, I look forward to meeting some of my Sly brothers this weekend at SlyBaldCon.

Cheers,

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 07:26:25 AM »
Argyle,

I believe that you are on the right track.  If people joined the forum and participated in the entire community they might find more of a sense of belonging.  Too many times a new person joins and their entire thrust is a string of whinging posts about poor me, my hair is falling out and I'll be ugly, but if I shave my head everyone will hate me . . . on and on ad nauseum.

There is more going on here than just shaving ones head.  I hope that my participation on this forum will create friendships that will last for a long time.  In light of that, I look forward to meeting some of my Sly brothers this weekend at SlyBaldCon.

Cheers,

Red

I know I am extremely jealous, ironically i am in Chicago later this year at Club Industry 08 - if only the timing were different i would be there!  I hope you guys all have a great time.
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 07:30:38 AM »
PM me.  Maybe we can get together and hoist a few ales.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 07:33:25 AM »
OH NO RED IS GOING?  I am staying home.  LOL

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 07:37:05 AM »
Hey, you better show up.  I'm holding you to that promise of a head rub and a big kiss on my noggin.  :o  Pictures will be posted.  ^-^

Red

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 07:52:21 AM »
OH NO RED IS GOING?  I am staying home.  LOL

Hey Timmay you have multiple man flirting going on here across board, first Jer and now Red, you are in for a busy weekend! :o

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 07:56:46 AM »
Timmay is such a tease.

Red

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 08:00:14 AM »
But you know he will let you all down in the end!    :*))

BALDANDRE

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »
All of a sudden i found myself actually standing up heading straight out of the office and to the local supermarket to buy one, necessary given the state of the fuzz going on up there (see avatar). 

Yea...I saw that, but this ONE time the smile outweighed the fuzz! ;)

Bro...I'm glad to hear you're feelin' it...it only gets better!

Keep it smooth my SLY brother!

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 01:15:23 PM »
Argyle, your story is great O0
and it's cool you fell better now. keep it up bro.

GASlick

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 05:24:25 PM »
Great input Argyle.  It's like a light finally came on up there, huh?

This is a great group and I for one am proud to be part of it.  Welcome to "Enlightened Sly"

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 12:18:50 AM »
Hey, you better show up.  I'm holding you to that promise of a head rub and a big kiss on my noggin.  :o  Pictures will be posted.  ^-^

Red

ahaha, now that I would pay to see!!  ;D
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Enter your email address: