Author Topic: New SBG Member (Current Hairclub member) Finally going to do it!  (Read 25357 times)

Offline NWTRNR

• Sly Jr.
Re: New SBG Member (Current Hairclub member) Finally going to do it!
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 12:17:57 PM »
Boy -- you guys are relentless :)

But, then again, it worked on me.

I wouldn't say relentless....just giving the man the needed information to make an informed decision.

Are you kidding?! Here's just a sampling -->

"The idea to dump it like a bad habit is brewing in your mind...so why not go for it today?"

"I say do it....dont wait until your bday...do it now you wont be sorry I promise you that."

"Just go for it. Crank up the music and declare your independence! No time like the present. Why put of till tomorrow what you can do today..."

"Do it now"

That's not a bit of soon-to-be peer pressure? Come on  :*))

[img width= height= alt=nwtrnr]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080717/sampb702d8c3b336d97d.jpg[/img]

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2008, 12:24:01 PM »
OK, you win!  8)

Anytime we can stop the madness of rugs, plugs & drugs, it's a damn good thing.  O0

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline NWTRNR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2008, 12:24:57 PM »
I couldn't agree more  O0
[img width= height= alt=nwtrnr]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080717/sampb702d8c3b336d97d.jpg[/img]

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2008, 12:34:23 PM »

"I can only show you the door, you have to walk through it"
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Tampadrew

• TampaDrew
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • A New Sly pic will be coming soon!
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2008, 01:09:12 PM »
Relentless might be an understatement for sure......but I know it comes from your experience on how good it feels to be a Sly bald guy. Trust me, I want this wig off my head as soon as possible......I am sick of it!  :Xo! It might only weigh a few ounces....but living a lie and not being myself makes it feel like a 45 pound plate on top of my head!  W3!ght

The reason I am going to wait till my birthday is two fold. One, I am in the process of telling people of me going smooth....people I work with, my friends, and family....this will make it less of a shock (especially in my sales office). Secondly, the main reason to wait is that I have two moles on my head under my hair....I have scheduled a visit to the dermatologist to have them removed.....then I can let my head heal, go smooth, enjoy my vacation, get used to being bald and get some sun before I return to reality as a new Sly Bald Guy!

See.....there is a method behind my madness!  :D 
Andrew

Offline DDDeepdiver

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2008, 01:16:14 PM »
That seems like a good plan....keep us updated.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2008, 01:20:05 PM »
Welcome!  As you can see, we're all pretty jazzed to see your upcoming transformation.  You are going to be thrilled with the new you, I'm sure.  I also don't post on any other site, so don't think it's weird.  This is a good place to hang and to help others make the leap to freedom on the sly side.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2008, 01:23:32 PM »
Yeah drew, dont take it to heart... we are just playing around with you (although I am sure we all anticipate the day that rug leaves its current post for good).

Sounds like a good plan.

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2008, 01:39:16 PM »
*mutters to self*

no matter what academic awards/life skills/promotions in the workplace someone earns
some people are still so stoooopid it's beyond comprehension!
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline BJ

• Sly
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2008, 01:50:31 PM »
Tampadrew welcome to the forum.

That was a very honest intro. You'll be amazed how much you're life will change when you shed that system. All for the better. You can see from my bald mug that shedding all of your hair doesn't always mean llamo old-man.

BJ

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2008, 01:56:33 PM »
OK Tampa bro....I guess if it is a medical reason and all.  But if it was just so you can let everyone KNOW you are GOING to do it...then I would say screw that and just shave it off man
Good luck and hope things go well with the doctors.

baldy46

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2008, 02:02:55 PM »
Hey Tampadrew, hello from a fellow Tampa guy.  Great intro!  I'm not one to post on message boards either, but this one is great, the only one I belong to.  So, welcome!   Your reasons for waiting seem pretty reasonable to me, but I wouldn't worry about letting too many people know before you go sly.  I didn't tell anybody.  I just shaved on a Friday and went to work on Monday.  The reaction was overwhelmingly positive.  There was nothing to fear.  Even my wife, who was mad when I shaved, is now joking around about it.  Now that I'm used to the look, I can't imagine letting my hair grow back.    

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2008, 02:12:50 PM »
Hey Drew, I forgot to mention the timing of when I actually shaved my dome for the first time.
I found this website in the fall of 2006 after doing some online research about head shaving. Got tons of advice on technique and also found out that alot of guys saw their dandruff disappear as a result of going sly (huge for me).

When I told my wife that I was planning on shaving my head, she was none too happy. I told her I'd gradually shave it closer so it wasn't too drastic during the 2006 holiday season. On New Year's day, I buzzed my head to a #0 level, went for a run, then shaved it when I showered up.

So, take your time, make the decision when it's right for you (although you sound pumped about the idea), and go for it.

Don't forget to post a pic up when the New & Improved 'Drew makes his grand entrance!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2008, 05:06:07 PM »

The reason I am going to wait till my birthday is two fold. One, I am in the process of telling people of me going smooth....people I work with, my friends, and family....this will make it less of a shock (especially in my sales office). Secondly, the main reason to wait is that I have two moles on my head under my hair....I have scheduled a visit to the dermatologist to have them removed.....then I can let my head heal, go smooth, enjoy my vacation, get used to being bald and get some sun before I return to reality as a new Sly Bald Guy!

See.....there is a method behind my madness!  :D 
Andrew

Dude..you are already a SLY guy inside...very thought out...good about "prepping" everyone around you..

that way when they see ya it'll almost be anticipated!

Great move on the moles too...because bro once your entire head is slick bald...YOU will want it that way 24/7..

promise! ;)

I havent had maybe more than a month's total of "fuzzy days" in the last 14-15 years..and I'm a bald by choice full (90%) head of hair guy...

You're gonna love it bro!

GASlick

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2008, 06:01:37 PM »
Welcome to the gang Andrew.  What a great intro.  We are all glad you found us.  Like others have said, this is the ONLY board I post on.  I hung around for a few weeks and it is a great group of guys & gals.  We look forward to the new YOU!

Enter your email address: