Author Topic: Hobbies & How you spend your time  (Read 23155 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Hobbies & How you spend your time
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2007, 09:48:17 AM »
By the way....I think I'm a little behind on the "laughing" acrostics that some of you use.

LOL = "laughing out loud"
ROTF= "rolling on the floor"

LMAO = ??

What are some others?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 10:51:45 AM by Robmeister »

Offline BigJeffrey

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2007, 10:18:40 AM »
LMAO = Laughing My Ass Off

You also see combinations such as ROFLMAO

It gets a little out of hand at times but I guess it's easier than typing everything out.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2007, 10:49:28 AM »
By jove I think I've got it!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2007, 01:26:06 PM »
Ah golf....the one activity that can drive even the most pious of men to profanity.  I love it. 

It's also been said that there are two things in life you don't have to be good at to enjoy.  Golf is one of them....LOL

Two great quotes BigJeffrey.  I put the sticks in the back of the Jeep this summer and was ready to get back into the game ... but did not have the time. 

Tyler - at the Meeting of the Sly a golf tourney should be planned
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2007, 05:32:55 AM »
Ah golf....the one activity that can drive even the most pious of men to profanity.  I love it. 

It's also been said that there are two things in life you don't have to be good at to enjoy.  Golf is one of them....LOL

A touney? Or more of a drunken attempt at it? hehehehehehehe

Two great quotes BigJeffrey.  I put the sticks in the back of the Jeep this summer and was ready to get back into the game ... but did not have the time. 

Tyler - at the Meeting of the Sly a golf tourney should be planned
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2007, 06:42:09 AM »
I off road and spend my spare time working on my jeep and my buddies buggy.  I love welding and building things from metal.  Dabble in woodworking a bit, and collect straight razors.  During the summer I ride my Honda VFR every chance I get.

A fellow jeeper... <wave>

I gotta get a Jeep, man....d'ja hear we got more snow.  I don't mind it.  Makes it BEAUTIFUL around here in the burbs.  The only thing is I don't have a four X drive.  Have to wait around until the plows get things driveable.

I've thought a long time about getting a Jeep.  I think it's about time.  These heavy snows hit about every 3 to 5 years.

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2007, 09:02:15 AM »
My jeep sucks in ice and snow.  Took it out one year when we had a bad ice storm and played.  Tires are too big and wide, no grip, front locker kept locking, spinning me around, was fun, but wouldn't want to drive to town with it.   ;D
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline MC HammerHead

• "..I shouldn't have to tell you who I am...because who I am should be speaking for itself.."
  • Sly
  • Future's So Bright, Got To Wear Shades..and SPF 45
    • Downhillbillies
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2007, 10:04:32 AM »
I just saw this thread for the first time.  Interesting.

For me other than my business, my family, and my church, all of my "spare" time is involved with skateboard racing.  It's a great sport that has been overshadowed for a long time by street skating but is on the verge of a major comeback especially because of the growing longboard scene.

This pic is from the last race of the season back in November here in North Carolina.  That hill is a soap box derby hill that is affectionately known at the "Elevator Shaft".  Whoever the dude was that orginally designed that hill for soap box cars he didn't like kids very much...ha ha...the top of that hill has a 17% grade!  Skateboarders go well over 45 mph on that hill...I imagine soap box cars with 10 year old kids driving them screamed down it as well.

MC HammerHead
Downhillbillies Skateboarding Organization
Woody's Halfpipe Board Shop Team
Pavel Skates Flow Team
Axe Army
Headblade Street Team
www.myspace.com/mchammerhead

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2007, 10:21:18 AM »
My jeep sucks in ice and snow.  Took it out one year when we had a bad ice storm and played.  Tires are too big and wide, no grip, front locker kept locking, spinning me around, was fun, but wouldn't want to drive to town with it.   ;D

Well...whatever the make/model/tire size/width that would work.....a little ground clearance and 4-by traction would get us out of the driveway a lot sooner in these conditions than my Chrysler sedan and minivan.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2007, 10:22:55 AM »

For me other than my business, my family, and my church.....

Same boat here, MC....when it comes right down to it....I don't really have much "spare" time.

BaldRob

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2007, 04:24:59 PM »

Well...whatever the make/model/tire size/width that would work.....a little ground clearance and 4-by traction would get us out of the driveway a lot sooner in these conditions than my Chrysler sedan and minivan.

Doesn't matter how many wheels are driving when you're on ice!  :o

Snow for me isn't bad...  But I also don't drive my jeep like a maniac when conditions are less than ideal!  I laugh at most SUV drivers thinking they are invincible... and I keep laughing as I throw them a tow strap so I can pull them out!!   ;D

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2007, 07:26:27 AM »
My old '85 F-150 didn't do so bad in the snow. Majority of the roads I traveled the first day after the snow had not been plowed yet. I used 4HI until I got to my grandparent's house. I had to shift into 4LO to get out of their driveway. Once or twice I intentionally tried to get stuck and couldn't. Not too bad for a stock straight 6 with an open rear axle.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2007, 07:34:18 AM »
My old '85 F-150 didn't do so bad in the snow. Majority of the roads I traveled the first day after the snow had not been plowed yet. I used 4HI until I got to my grandparent's house. I had to shift into 4LO to get out of their driveway. Once or twice I intentionally tried to get stuck and couldn't. Not too bad for a stock straight 6 with an open rear axle.

Yeah...even though we've lived here for 3 years now...we're not fully prepared like veteran or native Coloradans.  Anything with a little clearance and all-wheel drive beats walking to the store when conditions are unsavory.

You wouldn't believe the gadgets that came outa the neighbors garages....snow mobiles....snow blowers....dog sleds.

I'm standin' there waving to everyone....trying to hide my antiquated snow shovel behind my back.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2007, 11:10:12 AM »
don't hide it. just tell them it is part of your fitness plan. i have shoveled my share of snow. it is a workout.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2007, 02:47:41 PM »
Yes it certainly is. The local news stations reminded everyone that by law they are accountable for snow/ice on the sidewalk in front of their house. Therefore the wife put me to work last week. It didn't help that every store in town was sold out of snow shovels and ice melt. So I had to use the old school square nose shovel. Good times, good times!