Author Topic: VEHICLES that give U a big cheesy grin when U see it...  (Read 7185 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
VEHICLES that give U a big cheesy grin when U see it...
« on: April 16, 2008, 10:50:29 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes:  i just wanted 2 start another topic on "vehicles  that give U a big cheesy grin when U see it".  2day i was driving and witnessed a big (1970's) chevy station complete with the wood grain sidings.  i immediately had a big "cheesy" grin when i saw it because it reminded me of my childhood & old re-runs of the brady bunch. :D :) 

so... what vehicle gives U a "cheesy" grin when U see it with your own eyes?  the chevette?  T1000?  XR4TI?  pacer? 
gremlin?  yugo?  or have U recently experienced the 70's station wagon w/ the wood grain sidings?  what's your story?

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: VEHICLES that give U a big cheesy grin when U see it...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 11:03:49 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes:  i just wanted 2 start another topic on "vehicles  that give U a big cheesy grin when U see it".  2day i was driving and witnessed a big (1970's) chevy station complete with the wood grain sidings.  i immediately had a big "cheesy" grin when i saw it because it reminded me of my childhood & old re-runs of the brady bunch. :D :) 

so... what vehicle gives U a "cheesy" grin when U see it with your own eyes?  the chevette?  T1000?  XR4TI?  pacer? 
gremlin?  yugo?  or have U recently experienced the 70's station wagon w/ the wood grain sidings?  what's your story?

WARHAWK O0
Was it one of those with the GLide-Away tailgate ?
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 11:28:19 PM »
I would say those stretch Hummer limos. Those things are ridiculous

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 11:30:06 PM »
'57 Chevy Nomad!  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 04:41:23 AM »
The fastback Mustangs from the '60s.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline flattop peterbilt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 04:30:04 PM »
well mine is a little off ..there is a guy in Cameron La. who drives a nissan sentra jacked up on a four wheel drive Bronco Chassis...it is really funny ....other than that is a 400 dollar crown vic or a Olds Cutllas on 24/27 inch rims looks like crap..smokes when they take off...and they have more money in rims and pawn shop sterieo equipmet..than the car is worth.. :*)) :*)) :*)) ;D ;D
Life hands you four Aces bet high...life hands you four duces...call

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 04:40:25 PM »
Ford Pinto BOOM!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 04:41:02 PM »
Gremlin

When I was a pizza delivery driver another driver had a Gremlin, small car w/ a V8 was why he loved it. He would take it off-roading constantly and he had about a 8 ft CB antenna on top. He eventually got another one as well. It really was a perfect car for driving pizza at the time, had room in the back and was fast, also very unassuming car that never caught attention from cops.

I never like the Gremlin until I knew him and saw the boundaries he pushed with those things. Now when I see one, I get a smile and remember the good ol days.

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

BaldRob

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 05:10:23 PM »
Ford Pinto BOOM!

Quit making fun... I used to have a Ford Pinto!  And believe it or not, that thing had a LOT of room in the back for various "activities"!  O0

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 05:13:05 PM »
Ford Pinto BOOM!

Quit making fun... I used to have a Ford Pinto!  And believe it or not, that thing had a LOT of room in the back for various "activities"!  O0

Not making fun at all, so did I. a 74 "piss yellow" hatchback. And yes, there was plenty of room in the back for various things.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

BaldRob

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 05:15:22 PM »
Ford Pinto BOOM!

Not making fun at all, so did I. a 74 "piss yellow" hatchback. And yes, there was plenty of room in the back for various things.

I had a '74 too... but it was brown and Rust!

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 05:18:17 PM »
Ford Pinto BOOM!

I guess this should be changed to;

Ford Pinto BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!  :*))

"Why does mom always get that warm smile and distant look in her eyes when she sees a Pinto?"
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 08:29:48 PM »
Mercedes-Benz C63....451 horsepower....OMG

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 09:25:05 PM »
when ever I see an old custom van i get that grin. My first vehicle was a 77 dodge custom van with all the captians chairs and a bed in the back, dam that was the party mobile... ahhhhh those were the days O0 ;D O:O
oh ya, it had an old 8-track player for the entertainment O0 O0 O0 O:O

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 09:14:18 AM »
The fastback Mustangs from the '60s.

Ditto! My particular favorite is the jet black Cobra. It had the same engine as the A/C Cobra designed by Carroll Shelby, a 427 Cobra Jet. I think they were made in '67 and they were a very limited edition. A guy I went to college with had one. Took me for a ride in it one day and got on it going east on Bryn Mawr from Pulaski toward Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago where we went to school. Plastered me against the seat, almost tore off my head. That car was INSANE FAST!
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.