Author Topic: Jeff Bridges  (Read 6442 times)

Offline Tyro

• Sly
Jeff Bridges
« on: April 14, 2008, 08:51:47 AM »
Jeff Bridges looks age-appropriate with his new shaved head.
Much better than the mop of hair that he always sported.  O0

"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choice." -George Eliot

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
Re: Jeff Bridges
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 09:08:04 AM »
Omg, I could barely tell that was him.  In fact, I couldn't tell AT ALL.  I had to put his name into Google and click on "Images" to figure out who the hell that guy was, and then once I saw him with hair I recognized him.  I like this new look.  Pimp.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 09:30:14 AM »
looks photoshopped to me. but he does look cool sly.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyro

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 09:39:42 AM »
Omg, I could barely tell that was him.  In fact, I couldn't tell AT ALL.  I had to put his name into Google and click on "Images" to figure out who the hell that guy was, and then once I saw him with hair I recognized him.  I like this new look.  Pimp.

Remember Bridges in "The Big Lebowksi"?
That's the mop I was talking about!

"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choice." -George Eliot

BALDANDRE

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 09:47:29 AM »
looks photoshopped to me. but he does look cool sly.

Naw, it's the real deal...he of course did it for a movie..

I think some dudes WILL start taking parts just to have an excuse to shave their domes smooth! ;)

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 10:12:19 AM »
That is the real deal. Bridge's headshave was for a new movie, The Iron Man. He plays the "evil character" Obadiah Stone, the Iron Manger.

Just read this about Bridge's bald head. "He really out did himself this time with his new hair cut (or lack of it) to match the look of the character in his movie."

Once again Hollywood and the press are depicting headshaving with evil. That makes my blood boil. I know for a fact that headshavers in general are NOT evil.  @c3

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 01:43:46 PM »
I think the stereotype of bald guys being evil is a artifact from the past that is going to take awhile to shake. This movie is based off of the comic book "Iron Man" and back when these were written, this was a common stereotype. I think modern movies are moving away from this. 

Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski is epic, but I watched Starman this weekend... he is awesome in that too.

"I make maps".
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

BALDANDRE

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 02:10:28 PM »
I think the stereotype of bald guys being evil is a artifact from the past that is going to take awhile to shake. This movie is based off of the comic book "Iron Man" and back when these were written, this was a common stereotype.

I totally agree, but if you think  of it this way, in comics they pretty much make dudes good looking and built...that's the way they draw them all, just the bald head was added to differentiate ...

so just think of us scraping our heads bald as a way to make us stand out from all the other, over the top handsome, muscle dudes! ;)

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 03:46:34 PM »
He should definitely keep it.  He looks great SLY.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 08:38:56 PM »
He should definitely keep it.  He looks great SLY.
O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 08:55:52 AM »
A baddie with a bald head?  Why do they do that so often?  I happen to think its because 'baddies' are always shown as being more smarmy, slick and sophisticated than the goodies in action films.  Even the die hard films show Willis as a 'bada$$' though he's a 'goodie'.  Sly bald heads equals 'sexy and slick' maybe, whilst the goodies with hair are just muscle-bound hunks without any real brains!! ;D

marty22

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 10:16:11 AM »
Rob-that's your best pic yet.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 11:04:53 AM »
As a protest each of us could get together with other SLY guys in our respective areas and all go to see the movie together. That would be a hoot to see about 30 or 40 SLY guys all walking into the same movie together... especially a movie with a SLY bad guy in it... ;)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 12:22:15 AM »
The Dude! 

I saw him a couple years ago at my brother's graduation. His daughter graduated the same day.  He had the mop that day and looked exactly like his character in The Big Lebowski.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 09:03:13 AM »
He really does suit the sly look. 8)