Author Topic: DO U wear hats/caps/or any headgear more or less...  (Read 96499 times)

Offline Tor

• Ride the World!
  • Sly
  • Bald Rider
Re: DO U wear hats/caps/or any headgear more or less...
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2008, 12:54:28 PM »
I use a strawhat when I'm out on my tractor grasscuttin'....does that count  O:O
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

Offline c16188

• Sly
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2008, 11:17:12 PM »
Hi,
I never wear a hat or cap. I'm proud to show my shaved head and I never got negative comments.

Next week I'll go for vacation to Grand Canary. In the sun I'll protect my skin with a good suncream.

Offline Maverick1970

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2008, 07:30:58 PM »
I don't wear caps or hats anymore (occasionally a stocking cap if it's really cold).  I get a lot of grief from family and friends about it, especially since skin cancer runs in the family, but I just can't stand the way it feels since going sly (never been a big hat wearer, anyway).  So I just use sunscreen if I'm going to be outside any noticeable period of time.

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2008, 08:06:39 PM »
I'm with most of you - I've never been a ball cap/hat wearer - I just hate the feeling of one on my head - BUT - In Missouri winters, I do wear a "beanie" to keep the noggin warm. Don't wanna freeze what little mind I have left :P
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 09:03:52 PM by IRONHORSE »

Offline arnold2008

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2008, 12:34:47 AM »
After much initial hesitation and fear, I finally took the plunge... I have begun wearing my headgear in public! In a matter of only a few days, I have gone from fearing wearing my headgear in public to ENJOYING it! I hope my story encourages others to overcome any fear they may have of wearing their headgear in public.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 12:24:02 PM by Tyler »

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2008, 04:57:03 AM »
I use to always wear a hat before I shaved....now in the summer I wear one a lot less unless I'm out on the lake fishing or something but in the winter I wear one a lot because of the cold here in the northeast....

Offline slickjay

• Sly Jr.
  • It could not possibly get any better than this.
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2008, 01:25:23 PM »
I often wore my Colts ball cap when going out. Partly to support my team, partly because my hair was boring. I can't imagine not wearing my Colts cap on game day, and I know I'll have it handy when I know I'll have long exposure to the Sun. But other than that, I think I'll only wear a hat to stay warm when walking to work in the winter.

Which leads me to a questions: I have a few regular knit caps for the winter time, but they are kind of porous, and I don't know if they'll be as warm as I'd like, now that I'm Sly. Anyone have any suggestions on good caps to keep the noggin warm in winter? Will normal cotton caps work, or is their some other fabric that you guys think has better insulation?

"It seems to me that if you or I must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying and try so to live that our death brings no pleasure to the world."

East of Eden, John Steinbeck

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2008, 01:40:08 PM »
When I'm working I like skull caps, they keep the sweat out of my eyes and don't interfere with my glasses or hearing protection.
http://www.headsweats.com

I recently purchased a HB Skully and wear it nearly every night as the temps are dropping quickly overnight here in Northern California.

But I thank you Bob for the link because I think I will need a thicker one as winter creeps upon us. O0
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline tow

• Violent Gnome Dome
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2008, 08:12:20 PM »
warhawk,i find that i dont wear head gear at all since doing the deed. before i wouldn't leave the house without some type of head gear.

Offline THier

• Super Sly
  • Sorry for bad camera phone pic,,
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2008, 04:30:55 AM »
I used to ALWAYS wear a cap,, just because my hair was always messed up. I would have to put on my hard hat for climbing, take it off and hair looked like crap. I rarely wear a hat now, I did buy a Under Armor skull cap to wear under my hardhat. I will have to be careful next summer though.

Tom

Offline slyzed_t

• Sly Jr.
  • gettin' SLYzed
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2008, 05:50:53 AM »
sometimes a cap, sometimes a beanie , sometimes a bandana...mainly when working out..or when its frickin' cold outside..

Offline 440satellite

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »
I've always hated hats and hate them even more now.  Only wear a beanie when it is  cold out (below 25F), or plowing the driveway when it's snowing. 

Summer time sunscreen is substituted for the lotion to keep the dome happy.

Offline NuclearVinny

• Never, Never, Never Give up. Winston Churchill
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2008, 08:55:34 PM »
The only time I wear a cover is when I'm in uniform... well, and sometimes when I'm like fishing or playing baseball, but don't forget the sunblock, I went without once and only once because I burnt my head really really bad.
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them ~ Winston Churchill

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2008, 07:57:56 AM »
I've started bringing a knit beanie w/ me when I travel because the hotel rooms many times have a/c that is hard to adjust right and I get cold in bed--the beanie works great sort of like a security blanket.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2008, 08:44:43 AM »
I've started bringing a knit beanie w/ me when I travel because the hotel rooms many times have a/c that is hard to adjust right and I get cold in bed--the beanie works great sort of like a security blanket.

I do the same thing bro. In the winter we don't like it warm when sleeping also and turn the heat off at night in the bedroom. The noggin gets awfully cold if I don't have that beanie on... O0

Enter your email address: