Author Topic: Loss(- ) or Gain(+) of Man Points  (Read 12581 times)

Offline Rafter

• Super Sly
Loss(- ) or Gain(+) of Man Points
« on: March 23, 2008, 05:55:04 AM »
What Are Man Points? Good question.
Let me award you your first Man Point for asking. Let me then tell you that I’m sorry, but answering that question would be a severe loss of my Man Points. With that in mind, I’ll give a few examples of how Man Points can be gained or lost and let you figure it out from there. That’s the fun in life anyway — figuring it out on your own. As a man you already know that.

(+) Ways to Get Man Points:
Catching a drink that has fallen off the table.
Not using directions.
Using the phrase, “I think I know what I’m doing.”
Not wearing a jacket.
Being sneaky for any reason.

(-) Ways to Lose Man Points:
Lighting a cigarette on the wrong end.
Locking someone else’s keys in their car.
Keeping track of Man Points.
Using the phrase, “I wasn’t crying.”
Calling your girlfriend/wife.

Note: At any time Man Points may be retroactively gained or lost and may be done so with a multiplicative modifier depending on the circumstances. Here’s an example.
Dancing - definite loss of Man Points.
Riverdancing on a table - negotiable gain of Man Points.
Spilling a woman’s drink while riverdancing on a table - loss of Man Points with multiplier.
Offering to hold the woman’s spilled on belongings in your Man Bag - gain of Man Points with multiplier.
Holding an ugly woman’s belongings in your Man Bag - loss of all Man Points.

Next responder should come up with an additional way to
lose (-) or gain (+) manpoints.

Offline RodgerDodger

• Super Sly
    • Facebook
Re: Loss(- ) or Gain(+) of Man Points
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 07:03:22 AM »
This is a no brainer. I'm surprised no one has said this.  @c3

Doing your hair is a loss (-) of Man Points, my point is, having hair means you’re going to have messy hair at some point and that looks stupid.

Headshaving is a gain (+) of Man Points, my point is babes love bald because it’s manly. That's what my wife says. And what she says counts.
For me, anyway.

Happy Easter
Rodger, Over and Out O0

Offline SlySurfer

• aka Mighty Anthony
  • Sly
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 05:31:09 PM »
Many moons ago, two of my buddies and I started a “man points” scale.
At the time, I scored fairly consistently in the middle of the man scale. I wasn’t the most manly of the 3, we all agreed, but I wasn’t the least manly either. I was who I was and I remained within a 1 point deviation of my mean manliness throughout the duration of the scale. We all agreed the man scale was accurate and reliable.  8)

Then I met her. I had the usual early relationship love-sickness, sure. That was bound to cost me points and this was expected. I said a couple of dumb things, this cost me more points. The dog was an automatic two point deduction. Buying the ring represented a negative 3 points…  :o

It goes on and on, but the summary is that I’ve caused a change in the format of the chart. I’ve forced us to explore negative territory on the chart’s scale. I also wonder how many points would be deducted if one of my cohorts was to see that we purchased the flower covered wedding budget book.   :-[
The man scale isn’t so funny anymore.  :Xo!

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 06:06:38 PM »
Man bag? MAN BAG?

You mean purse? or murse?

That is a deduction around my friends unless it is a backpack and you have not or will not see your your home for at least 36 hours.

Dancing is a deduction (even if your partner leaves the dampness behind? O0) and riverdancing is a positive?

I dunno, maybe we give out man points a little different in these parts.

Like;

Using your gun to destroy anything associated with work or taxes - Postive

Opening a beer without a bottle opener - Positive

Catching a football when the only warning that you are the receiver is "Heads up" while the ball is mid flight - positive (doing it while holding a beer = multiplier).

Shoes with tassels - Negative

Band aids - Negative (unless it is in place of stitches)

Holding a womans purse  no matter how good looking - Negative

Pants (not shorts) in any color other than blue, brown, gray or black - negative

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 04:39:19 AM »
Don't forget the ULTIMATe in negative points guys...... buying tampons for your wife!!!!!!!!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 05:45:31 AM »
Don't forget the ULTIMATe in negative points guys...... buying tampons for your wife!!!!!!!!!!

i have to argue with that one bro. as i usually look for a cute cashier, it is good bonus points with women if they know you will do that for them. it can help with them.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 06:00:55 AM »

i have to argue with that one bro. as i usually look for a cute cashier, it is good bonus points with women if they know you will do that for them. it can help with them.

I'm with Paulie on this one.  Although if the only cashier (small store) is the manager who's an older lady, she gets a little grin on her face, then I start laughing.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 06:22:25 AM »
Im with both of them on that one.  I have been in that situation.  After my first child was born even.  She needed those big humongous ones too....no way in hell i was gonna pay $5 buck apiece for them at the hospital..so I go to CVS where there was always some hot looking chicks at the register...All I got was AWWWWWWWWW!! thats so sweet of you to do that....my bf would never do that for me.  I left with a grin on my face...and a  "+" for the manpoints.

Another plus for the men......cooking.  Yelp Cook for them and you will rake 'em in.  Just make sure it isnt a frozen totino's pizza.....that will get you in the "-" real quick.......

Timmj

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 07:46:51 AM »
Another plus for the men......cooking.  Yelp Cook for them and you will rake 'em in.  Just make sure it isnt a frozen totino's pizza.....that will get you in the "-" real quick.......

Timmj
Several months ago while having lunch I eavesdropped on a conversation between two young women! I remember one said that it really bugged her when her husband tries to help by lowering a burner, stirring, putting away a knife on the counter....she usually winds up yelling and tells him to get out of her kitchen. The other said she doesn't find a man that cooks sexy per se, what she finds attractive is his appreciation of good food. However, when push comes to shove, she'd rather he order a take-out and lavish his attention on her than have to share him with the preparation of an elaborate dish.

I told both of them that I appreciate good food & beautiful women and that I'd order "take-out" for them anytime. Unless they'd want to take a gamble on my Linguine Calamari! Timmmay, I'll give you the recipe. That frozen pizza won't score you any points.  @c3

As for my wife, she actually doesn't have a problem with me in the kitchen and finds my "cooking" extremely "hearty and satisfying".   :@`

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 07:58:34 AM by BaldBen »

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline METAPHOR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 09:17:35 AM »
Some call it a Man-Purse or a Murse. I openly call it a purse. I’m pretty confident though and no-one has ever once dared to tease me about it. It wouldn’t matter anyways. The very thought of worrying about some slack jawed red-necks opinion is laughable. I have to admit, there is something about going unconventional with a swagger. Confident men make the rules, mere mortals can but follow.

Back in 92, I was smoking a pipe regularly and needed a place to keep it. I wound up going to quite a few stores before I found something than worked. Since then I’ve had a dozen or so of different sizes. 
Mine are usually black leather (Wilson’s now carries several) and have compartments for my wallet, glasses, Ipod and small note pad. Unlike my wallet, I’ve never once lost my purse. It would be hard to; I also keep my car keys in it.

A good number of my friends now carry them for the same reason I do: convenience.

I don’t have purses that match my clothes. I pretty much just use one until it wears out. However, I do have a cool army medic satchel I use sometimes when I am wearing boots and a Sam Brown belt.

Oh yeah, as you can see from the picture. I’m back to a #1 Buzz for the summer. Got tired of dealing with the hair again.
Being is better than becoming -Paul Klee

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 09:43:44 AM »
Hey, rock the man purse, if thats your thing, go for it.

Nice bass you got there Metaphor, I play upright as well.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 10:01:35 AM »
Opening a beer without a bottle opener - Positive

I scored several points yesterday...Opened many beers on the side of the snowmobile trailer.
The day was too nice to be indoors, and it was the last opportunity we'd have to get on the 'biles before the weather really started getting "NorCal nice".

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline METAPHOR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 10:02:08 AM »
It's a 41 kay. (Named pearl) She's been through a few wars but I love her for it.  I use an Underwood on the bridge wings  and a Realist full circle on the bridge post. Separate amplification for each. It's the only solution I've found that gives me a decent sound without feedback. (Tape over the F holes help a bit too)

What do you use?

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 10:31:33 AM »
It's a 41 kay. (Named pearl) She's been through a few wars but I love her for it.  I use an Underwood on the bridge wings  and a Realist full circle on the bridge post. Separate amplification for each. It's the only solution I've found that gives me a decent sound without feedback. (Tape over the F holes help a bit too)

What do you use?

A fairly new Englehardt swingmaster with a K&K Bassmax pickup and a k&K Preamp. This bass doesn't have anywhere near the feedback issues I used to have.

Here she is when I got her...

My old bass had alot of feedback issues (setup similar) I had cloth behind the f holes and made a trap door on the side so I could add sound posts and baffling to kill feedback.

The best solution I have found is having the amp face away from the bass and dont have any other speakers in front of the bass. Its a pain to deal with especially in small clubs where you are practically sitting on the drums.

What kind of music do you play?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 10:33:10 AM by Marz »

Offline METAPHOR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 12:07:30 PM »
I do an original thing. Trying to formulate a different genre of sorts.  Here's a link to my site. www.jacekseavers.com
My last recording is before I started using only Drums, Bass and Sax. Sort of like the group Morphine. My comps are more swing based though. I sing as well.

I'm currently writing a musical based on an original theme called "Throwing Stones At The Sun".  It's a comedy about the absurdity of faith, taking place during the Spanish Inquisition.  It's a lot of work but I'm enjoying it.  I'm hoping to have it play off Broadway in a year or two.

You?

As a Bass player, you must well aware of the fact that the Bass player always gets the girl! Doubly so when you play upright.

Enter your email address: