Author Topic: Appearance???  (Read 30410 times)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Appearance???
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2007, 05:05:01 PM »
damn chickenhawk. she must look like her mom huh? way to cute to look like dad.  ha ha

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2007, 05:49:49 PM »
As long as she doesn't have dad's hairline
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2007, 05:54:30 PM »
hahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2007, 07:57:06 AM »
people always think I'm mean until I start talking.

HHhhhmmm.....people seem to like me until I start talking ???

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2007, 08:27:51 AM »
people always think I'm mean until I start talking.

HHhhhmmm.....people seem to like me until I start talking ???

That could be bad in your line of work Robmeister
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2007, 10:53:11 PM »
I get more hugs and kisses on the check than all you combined..

I don't know.........my one year old daughter sure kisses and hugs me a lot!   

she's beautirul dude.. congradulation..... holding her you sure don't look mean
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

gearhedguy

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2007, 04:26:46 PM »
I'm bald, goateed, muscled, drive a big ol' pickup truck and I find strangers (mostly guys) referring to me as "Boss." Makes me chuckle cuz you just might catch me sniffling in a Hallmark Card store (but don't tell them that!). And if I'm in there buying a Mother's Day card - bring me the tissues!! Gotta love it, visual perception means a great deal in our society. :*))

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2007, 06:17:31 PM »
I find that "Hard" look to be an advantage.  Often times, first impressions are everything, I find that its alot easier to establish that I am a Goof and a Nice Guy after the fact with them originally recognizing me as Business or "Hard".  Makes it easier to be taken seriously by those who you wish to deal with in that mindset. 

Another Advantage: some women are attracted to the "BadA$$" at first, when all that they really want is a good guy... Give them what they need to see at first, and then let them see what they really want later when that becomes their main focus!  Change with the Rules of the Game  O0
Peace

Bald_freak

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2007, 06:10:20 PM »
I love being bald. Generally ,I get more respect now then when my hair was long,  and  I  get a lot more attention from the fairer sex. But the assumption that I get put upon me that I can't stand, which comes from people with different ethnic backgrounds than I, is that I'm a skinhead . I'm not a racist. I only hate stupid people, of any race including my own.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2007, 12:14:05 AM »
I love being bald. Generally ,I get more respect now then when my hair was long,  and  I  get a lot more attention from the fairer sex. But the assumption that I get put upon me that I can't stand, which comes from people with different ethnic backgrounds than I, is that I'm a skinhead . I'm not a racist. I only hate stupid people, of any race including my own.

Bald_Freak, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline NotoriousSEG

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2007, 12:55:06 AM »
i've had some interesting experiences (to say the least) since going sly.

TODAY:  this very day, i walked into my lexus dealership to check on my car (brake problems) and asked the guy behind the counter if i could see 'mike" (a guy i have spoken with on several occasions, but never met).  he went into the service area and i saw him talking to a guy---they were both looking in my direction, but i pretended not to notice.   the counter guy came back alone and said "mike stepped out for a while, maybe he could call you later?"   so i sighed and told him who i was and why i was there, when all of a sudden "mike" comes running in the room and (laughingly) told me he was sorry for the mix up but that he owed "some money" and wasn't sure who i was.  i laughed.

i'll admit my default expression isn't exactly approachable.  if they only knew that my personailty is more like a goofy 3rd grader all hopped up on grape soda.   i will also freely admit i use my appearance to my advantage.  i walk slowly,  i move deliberately and i take up space.  i don't appear to be in a hurry for anyone.   i don't go out of my way to intimidate, nor do i look for trouble, it's just a good feeling to be given a wide berth.  be it fear or respect or whatever, i'll take it.   i bounced a little in college ---never threw one punch.  never had to.   i prefer to talk---you can reason with almost anyone.   they just listen better if you're huge.    shaving my head has really just added the cherry on top, so to speak.

i guess i also kind of enjoy the dichotomy of the gruff-looking exterior and the class clown interior.  people are always pleasantly surprised and i think that's part of the fun.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2007, 01:07:13 AM »
Great story dude!  I love being able to influence a situation by using posture and my look.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2007, 01:09:13 AM »

Welcome to the brotherhood!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2007, 02:21:49 PM »

First off, welcome Bald_Freak... Second, I feel you brother.  In alot of ways Caucasians fare the blunt end of the stick when it comes to racial steriotyping of a bald head.  As a Minority, I can say that we don't get it anywhere near as bad because the instant assuption that is made is either "O, thats the style" or "Their an Athlete"; whereas ya'll are labelled for a hate group.  Its getting better thanks to IFC and other popular X-Games.  As alternative athletes begin to replace the mold, I definitly hope the old stigma of the SkinHeads can just fade out.
Peace

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2007, 02:34:24 PM »

As alternative athletes begin to replace the mold, I definitly hope the old stigma of the SkinHeads can just fade out.

I thought it already had.  I've never had that reaction from anyone.  Nor can I ever remember seeing an actual skinhead in person.  The only ones I've ever seen have been in the movies and on TV.  Those of you who have been mistaken for skinheads -- where do you live?  Maybe it is a regional thing?

As an aside, people from multi-ethnic backgrounds are more and more common nowadays and it's not always easy to tell the ethnicity of a guy who shaves his head.  Nobody's ever going to mistake me for anything other than a white guy, but if you hadn't said something about being a minority, Mr. Clean, I wouldn't have known and actually would not have even thought about it.