Author Topic: digital cameras...  (Read 1587 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
digital cameras...
« on: February 12, 2008, 12:30:46 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes....i'm thinking about purchasing a digital camera 4 the upcoming summer & wanted your sly reviews on this topic.  i have a good samsung digital camera but it is 4 years old and the news ones they have now R just plain...sahweeeeeet.  so...what digital cameras do U guys own or will B purchasing soon.  THANKS in advance 4 your sly responses. O0

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: digital cameras...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 12:51:50 PM »
Hawk, I bought the wife an Olympus 7.1 Megapixel last year and she loves it. It was the newest model they had out at the time. After buying a decent memory card and case I think we only spent about $325.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 12:57:19 PM »
Mel, we got Casio Elixim 6.0 and love it. We got it with rewards points for my wife's VISA (so I guess it cost us about $30,000  ^-^).
I think this camera is around $200.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 12:59:01 PM »
Mel, We bought a Panasonic just last year.  It's a 7.2 megapixel and has a 10X optical zoom.  I tried to find the best deal on a camera with a high optical zoom.  Seemed like most were just 3X.  We paid about $325 last year. Now you can get one for under $300.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

BaldRob

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 01:23:42 PM »
I've got two... a Canon 30D Digital SLR (8.2 MP) and a Canon SD 750 Digital Elph (7.1 MP).  I keep the SLR here and use it for photography (nature and such)... the Elph travels with me, since it's easier to carry around and keep with me while I'm working.

I've been using Canon's for YEARS and have never been disappointed in their quality or the pictures.

You can get lots of reviews at www.cnet.com