Author Topic: Da Bears!!  (Read 43823 times)

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
Da Bears!!
« on: December 11, 2006, 09:37:42 PM »
Hey Rob,
Da Bears, Da Bears, Da Bears. It is hard living in Minnesota and being a DIE HARD Bears fan, but it is oh so sweet!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Da Bears!!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 09:41:07 PM »
heck maybe i should go for da-bears. denver sucks. and i can't jump on the saints wagon. never been a saints fan, never will be. just glad they beat the cowboys.  sorry pigpen.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 06:28:46 AM »

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 07:26:06 AM »
heck maybe i should go for da-bears. denver sucks. and i can't jump on the saints wagon. never been a saints fan, never will be. just glad they beat the cowboys. sorry pigpen.

Had the Cowboys even shown up for that game it would be ok. I think they deserved it honesly. It will keep them humble the  rest of the season.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

BaldRob

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 07:35:35 AM »
Hey Rob,
Da Bears, Da Bears, Da Bears. It is hard living in Minnesota and being a DIE HARD Bears fan, but it is oh so sweet!

Johnny, feel your pain... a few years ago I was dating a die hard Packer Fan.  That was kind of rough, especially when I was at her house (in Green Bay) when Da Bears were playing the packers!

I've gotta say that I was pretty tired of Rex over the last 7 games... but he relaxed last night and had a decent game, which is all he needs to do for Da Bears to win.  Put up a couple scores and let the D and Special Teams do the rest!  Can you believe a rookie broke the record for returns in a season???

Something tells me it's going to be a Chargers/Bears Super Bowl this year!!

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 08:33:49 AM »
Funny you mentioned dating a Packer fan, I married one. It was Bears over the Pack opening day, and it will be Bears over the Pack on the 31st.

Rex did look pretty good last night, but Hester was the sh**. I will agree with your Big Dance prediction.

BaldRob

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 08:35:37 AM »
Funny you mentioned dating a Packer fan, I married one.

ACK!!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 09:55:22 AM »

ACK!!

Isn't that a mortal sin er somethin? For both of you? I would hate to be in your house during a Bears-Packer game...damn
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

BaldRob

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 10:10:01 AM »

ACK!!

Isn't that a mortal sin er somethin? For both of you? I would hate to be in your house during a Bears-Packer game...damn

It IS a mortal sin!!  Bears-Packers games are kind of like Cubbies-White Sux games... Think Hatfield-McCoys!!   >:(

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 10:28:44 AM »
Doesn't matter, the San Diego Super Chargers are winning the super bowl.   The bears could win it, if they left rex grossman behind at the team hotel before their playoff games and let Devin Hester play QB.
bald for life

BaldRob

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 10:42:34 AM »
Doesn't matter, the San Diego Super Chargers are winning the super bowl.   The bears could win it, if they left rex grossman behind at the team hotel before their playoff games and let Devin Hester play QB.

HA!!  Don't jump on the Chargers bandwagon... We know that you're truly a Houston Texans fan!!   ;D

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 10:53:57 AM »

HA!!  Don't jump on the Chargers bandwagon... We know that you're truly a Houston Texans fan!!   ;D

You mean the biggest collection of morons this side of Matt Millen in the league  ;D.    Uh, no.   My allegiance is to Vince Young and his band of Titans.     The texans are going to get their heads kicked in for a decade while VY has the titans going to the playoffs and wins a super bowl.     

They should have hired me as GM.   I told anyone who would listen, and even those who tune me out that VY was the best player in the draft and the Texans should dump carr(duh) and draft the hometown stud in Vince.   But the texans aren't very smart you see.   Thus, Go former houston team in the Titans.  As a rookie, Vince is 6-4 as a starter.   

Btw, your Bears have Cedric Benson and Nathan Vasher, fellow horns, so I root for them.   Oh and that Hester guy is pretty good.   I just think grossman might kill their chances in the playoffs, and the chargers are scary good with rivers and LT playing the way they are.  I was just stating my honest opinion on the teams, not whom I support.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 10:55:46 AM by David »
bald for life

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 11:16:40 AM »
I told anyone who would listen, and even those who tune me out that VY was the best player in the draft...

Two words...Reggie Bush
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 11:23:27 AM »
I told anyone who would listen, and even those who tune me out that VY was the best player in the draft...

Two words...Reggie Bush

One word.....

WRONG.     ;D

We are both biased in this matter, but I stand by my statement.   Vince proved who the best player was on january 4, 2006 in my eyes.  In fact, wasn't reggie on the SIDELINES for 4th and 2 with the game on the line  ;D.     I will contend to this day that while Bush was a worthy heisman choice, Vince was better, and if I was an NFL team stud QB > stud RB/WR.     

Oh and I forgot.   Reggie Bush wears 613 eyeblack to SHOW RESPECT FOR HIS PEEPS BACK HOME ;D.   Ah, that never gets old.

bald for life

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 12:16:06 PM »
My wife is one of those rare woman that encourage me to sit on my butt on Sunday to watch football, because she is right there on the couch too. We sit on opposite ends of the couch two games per season, when the Bears play the Packers. It may be a mortal sin, but I like stirrin' the pot a little.

Enter your email address: