Author Topic: Gamers Unite!  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Kyfho

• Above all...remember K.y.f.h.o.
  • Sly Jr.
Gamers Unite!
« on: January 21, 2008, 04:29:47 PM »
So, how many of you out there are gamers?  I mean any kind of game, video, board, role-playing, anything.

Personally, I indulge in all of the above.  Video games are the obvious starting point, I have a 360 and am currently working on my second walkthrough of Mass Effect, just finished CoD 4 and Bioshock.  On my PC I usually rock Civ 4...I tried MMO's but the lack of story arcs (to my eyes) has caused me to remain with traditional RPGs.

On the board games front, I enjoy things many have never heard of...Puerto Rico, Power Grid, Shogun, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, and many others I will refrain from listing.  If any of you are wondering what kind of odd games these are...check out  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/  for all your board gaming queries.

Finally, I have been, since a young age, a diehard dice and paper RPG player.  I started in the original d6 Star Wars RPG, and progressed into White Wolf games (thanks high school), Palladium (especially Rifts and Ninjas and Superspies), and most recently D&D 3.5 (soon to be 4, w00t!) along with several other OGL games.

Okay now, if anyone knows what I am talking about...please let me know I'm not the only uber gamer geek on the boards!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Gamers Unite!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 06:23:13 PM »
I don't think you're the only one on this board, but I'm not one of them.  I do enjoy playing my PSP occasionally, usually when I'm on the airplane.  I mostly play sports games and shoot 'em up games like SOCOM.   
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: