Author Topic: Does anyone in here have any Phobia's?  (Read 12763 times)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Does anyone in here have any Phobia's?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 09:25:36 AM »
i have a fear of having only half a head of hair. so i shave ha ha ha ha ha

j/k guys. snakes are bad unless i know where they are. i mean, i do live in lousyana. so snakes are always around. if they surprise me, then i turn into the six year old girl. but if i see them from a distance, i can easily kill them.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 10:03:45 AM »
I used to enjoy roller coasters ... until after 1,100 flight hours in a Navy P-3. :-[ :o :(  :-\

Not that I'm scared, the rides just seem like work now.

I'm right there with ya, Padre. My kids love roller coasters (as do I), but I can't do them anymore. The whole inner ear thing apparently changes as you get older and motion sickness hits me harder/earlier than it used to.

Oh, Sharks freak me out too. The whole idea of becoming a fish's lunch doesn't sit too well with me.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 10:21:08 AM »
That's a ROACH?

It looks like a turtle!

Exactly! They're HUGE!

The first time I encountered one, shortly after moving to Texas, I was sitting on the john (TMI?) and one dropped into my lap from the exhaust fan above.

If anyone had had a video camera handy, my reaction would probably have made for one of the funniest YouTube videos out there!

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 10:40:36 AM »
Don't mind spiders, don't mind rats and mice and even snakes, but I'm outa there FAST if I hear a bee or a wasp.  hate the way they come at yer and won't give in. :D

Offline theebaldguy

• Sly Penguin
  • Super Sly
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 10:41:54 AM »
Our domestic cockroaches here in NY aren't very big, but at the pet store they have giant hissing cockroaches for sale. I can't even fathom why people would want pet cockroaches.  :/O
Just say no to rugs!

Offline Oakley

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 12:27:51 PM »
I'm with Rob6, clowns are all bad for me.  Ever since I was little, they have been scary.  If you have ever read IT by Stephen King, you'll understand.

Flying scares me too, I think since I am not the one flying the plane, I don't feel like I'm in control.

Offline Zeekev

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 02:33:25 PM »
Hate snakes, worms, heights and tight spaces. I'm with Timm on the popsicle sticks, they give me the willies...

KC

Offline Bald_Okie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2008, 02:52:34 PM »
I'm nothing but a quivering mass of phobias. W/out them I wouldn't even have a personality. My wife gets pretty annoyed, but after 14 years she's used to the rituals. That's the price you pay when you ride on the Bald_Okie Love Train!

If anyone is interested I'll tell my pygmy story and how it all started.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2008, 03:11:02 PM »
I'm nothing but a quivering mass of phobias. W/out them I wouldn't even have a personality. My wife gets pretty annoyed, but after 14 years she's used to the rituals. That's the price you pay when you ride on the Bald_Okie Love Train!

If anyone is interested I'll tell my pygmy story and how it all started.

you got me. what is the pygmy story?

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2008, 08:56:49 PM »
Yeah bring on the pygmy story....we are waiting!....................

Offline Bald_Okie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2008, 07:45:59 AM »
I grew up an Air Force brat. When I was 5 we were stationed in the Philippenes. My dad was an electrition and he worked on planes that flew missions to Vietnam. My dad's older brother was stationed at the same Air Base and although we were half way around the world I had cousins.

My cousins being teenagers told me stories of pygmies that lived in the jungles surrounding the base and at night they would come on base. They liked shiney things. If you were sitting by a window and had a necklace they would cut off your head to get the necklace. If you had a watch and you hung your arm out the car window they would cut your hand off to get the watch.

I asked my dad if there were pygmies who lived in the jungle around the base. He told me there were pygmies who lived in the jungle and they helped the Americans win WWII because they hated the Japanese. I asked him if they came on base at night and he said yes they did. Even if we wanted to keep them out we couldn't. To a 5 year old that added validity to their story.

To this day I don't go by or look out windows at night. I sleep as far away from the windows as I can get. I have to check my kids' windows before I go to bed and I don't drive with my car windows down at night.

There you have it, the pygmy story. Is that totally screwed up or what?

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2008, 04:41:25 PM »
i think i would have to torture my cousins some kind of way for that one. oh yeah, don't look now but the pygmies are watching. j/k bro. not making fun of you.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2008, 06:32:16 PM »
Bald Okie yeah bro that is one crazy story re: pygmies. Goes to show how impressionable our minds are at that young of an age.

BaldRob

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2008, 06:54:25 PM »
I'm with Porky... I hate ladders, but only extension ladders!  The fold up kind is OK... but those damn extension ladders just scare the living bejesus outta me!  It is a chore for me to put the Christmas lights up every year, but I force myself through the fear to bring happiness and joy to the neighborhood!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2008, 07:02:51 PM »
... I force myself through the fear to bring happiness and joy to the neighborhood!

How altruistic of you.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.