Author Topic: Blades in Bulk from Ebay or anywhere else?  (Read 5054 times)

Offline tjmitchinwi

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Shaved near the Frozen Tundra!
Blades in Bulk from Ebay or anywhere else?
« on: December 28, 2007, 01:08:30 PM »
Does anyone buy blades for a Fusion or Mach 3 in bulk from anywhere, like ebay or other websites?

For example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/LOOK-40-Gillette-Mach-3-Blades-FREE-SHIPPING-WOW_W0QQitemZ320199607713QQihZ011QQcategoryZ67414QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080102/samp3ce2c5b705d1ad85.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
Re: Blades in Bulk from Ebay or anywhere else?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 02:02:51 PM »
Yes, I usually get mine off ebay.  Last purchase I made was 16 fusion blades for $30.  I try to buy the fusions for a per blade cost of $2 or so.  I've never had a problem with any blades off ebay.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »
Yes, I usually get mine off ebay.  Last purchase I made was 16 fusion blades for $30.  I try to buy the fusions for a per blade cost of $2 or so.  I've never had a problem with any blades off ebay.

I bought 100 Mach III Turbo blades for $95 a while back -- enough to last me about 4 years.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 12:10:23 AM »
I purchased about a years supply of Fusion blades not too long ago.  If you're looking for razors on eBay, I aggregate all the deals for you at http://www.slybaldguys.com/headshaveproducts
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline waliguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 11:08:48 AM »
You need to be VERY CAREFUL on ebay when buying blades.  Fakes abound.

For example, on a Gillette Fusion (5-blade), each authentic blade has a ten-digit serial number behind the blades, under the frame.  Counterfeits do not have a serial number on them.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 04:47:21 PM »
Stock liquidators usually carry blades damn cheap.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 07:32:41 PM »

For example, on a Gillette Fusion (5-blade), each authentic blade has a ten-digit serial number behind the blades, under the frame.  Counterfeits do not have a serial number on them.

Who would ever think they would make fake blades?   And Serial numbers????  thats taking shaving really deep..i never look at my blades that closely....just pop a new one on and go...

Offline waliguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 09:18:29 PM »
Tim, it's a major league problem with the Ebay fakes.  The guys here buying Gillette replacement blades off Ebay need to be very careful.  I've read as much as 75-80% of the stuff listed on Gillette replacement blades is fake.

This is part of a statement from Richard K. Willard, Senior Vice President and General Counsel
for The Gillette Company, before the Committee on the Judiciary (United States Senate) from March 23, 2004:

The magnitude of the problem at Gillette alone is staggering. Our lawyers are working alongside law enforcement agencies worldwide to identify and arrest counterfeiters. Recently in China, over the span of one week, we seized more than 1.5 million fake Gillette products that were destined for France, Russia, South America, the Middle East, and English-speaking nations. In one province, we seized a substantial amount of fake packaging for several of our products. In another, we recovered 100,000 counterfeit razor blades, 400,000 fake disposable razors, more than one million counterfeit Duracell batteries, and 40,000 fake Oral-B toothbrushes. Again, all of this is in just one week, in just two Chinese provinces, and involving just Gillette’s products. Imagine how much bigger the problem is for all U.S. manufacturers and for manufacturers around the world.

Here's another story - Reuters, September 2007:

BEIJING (Reuters) - Two Chinese brothers have been charged with making 160,000 fake "Gillette" razor blades, the latest in a series of product and piracy scandals to hit the country.

The brothers, surnamed Zhang, were accused of assembling Gillette Mach 3 razor blades at home with family members without the permission from Gillette (China), Xinhua news agency said Wednesday, quoting prosecutors in Wenzhou in Zhejiang province.

Authorities raided the home on July 4 last year, confiscating more than 30,000 blades. More than 120,000 blades had been transported to Shanghai, according to the brothers' statement, Xinhua said.

"It is estimated the counterfeits were worth about 2.54 million yuan ($336,000) based on the average market price in Wenzhou," it said.

Pirated goods ranging from drugs and designer bags to golf clubs and DVDs have become a major source of friction between Beijing and Washington.

So before you think you're getting some amazing deal on Ebay on the replacement blades, think twice. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 09:44:15 PM »

My Mach III Turbos are not fakes.  I don't have any complaints about them.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 10:06:12 PM »
I plan on doing what Tyler did and ordering a years supply of Fusion Blades off eBay

Offline waliguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 10:10:05 PM »
RazorX....I'm sure they are fine.  Just make sure that you can find the serial number on the cartridge holder of the MIII Turbos.  It should be on the right side. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 10:35:47 PM »
Waliguy's warning is one to take seriously, but it shouldn't deter you from buying bulk blades on Ebay, just make sure you ask the seller where he got his blades and if they have the serial numbers.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 11:01:21 AM »

I bought 100 Mach III Turbo blades for $95 a while back -- enough to last me about 4 years.

Dang what a sweet deal~~
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 12:52:17 PM »
RazorX....I'm sure they are fine.  Just make sure that you can find the serial number on the cartridge holder of the MIII Turbos.  It should be on the right side. 

Yep, it's there.  I just checked. 

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »
Interesting.  I would think it would be difficult for a person or even a family to manufacture that amount of fake products and have them actually pass for the real thing. 

At any rate, I checked my Fusions, and they have the serial numbers.  Even though they weren't in the  packages when I bought them.

Enter your email address: