Author Topic: Early vs. Late-Onset MPB  (Read 52797 times)

BALDANDRE

Re: Early vs. Late-Onset MPB
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2008, 02:20:16 PM »
rather than finding out later that I am shallow person who cares about all the wrong things, and being married to someone would have "loved" me for the wrong reasons.
that is the "consolation"... in my opinion that kind of closure is more of a divine gift than a consolation

Perspective...that's one of the most powerful traits a person can have..

it's one of the biggest keys to having a happy, healthy life!

You're a great asset here bro! O0
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 02:22:18 PM by BALDANDRE »

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2008, 05:52:21 PM »
Ok losing hair "might" only affect one's looks.  I know looks are important but
the way I look at it is hair is not such a big deal damn it. 
Imagine what people who are blind go through.  Imagine what people who are
wihout an arm or leg go through.  Imagine what people who can't hear are going
through.  Losing sight, a leg, or an arm actually affects your ability to do work the way
you want it.  Losing hair doesn't cause you to lose your ablity to do work.

Oh and finally I hate to put it this way,  but hey as long as I am not impotent then praise be
to God for what I have.  I mean seriously, there are so many things we have we don't appreciate
enough.  Of course, the reason why I'm now appreciating other things I have is because of my hair loss.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2008, 06:00:33 PM »
Now hold on, I'm acting all that lol.
This web-site is the reason why I have been able to get
through my baldness and think of not as not a big deal.

When you see that many people who are living a normal
life without hair (on slybaldguys.com) it makes you wonder what am I waiting for?

HoodooMan

« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2008, 10:40:53 PM »
my 2 cents,
 young women find nice hair on a young virile man (like myself ,24) attractive. just like i find long curly hair attractive on a woman. that doesn't always mean that they are really that superficial, although some are, of course. i think it just means that certain things are attractive physically to people. if you saw a bald woman, or a scar-faced woman, alot of US would not find her attractive even if she had a banging body. some would, some wouldn't. i can certainly sympathize with the fellow who said "i can't even grow a proper beard yet i'm going bald!"  i too have a baby face, no beard growing capabilities, and a balding dome. and i'm in college. of course balding at ANY age would be hard. but come on fellas, when you're in the dating scene and young, balding has NO advantages. the ONLY advantage i can see is that you're not so vein anymore, and you learn to accept others for who they are because you realize you, yourself, are not perfect or invincible. i think for the fellas who are bbc, or who started balding in their even late 20's to 30's can't begin to understand the plight of a very, very young man going bald and being around everyone else who is also just as hung up on physical beauty as you are. i was 17 when i started noticeable thinning and receeding with the "count chocula" crow's peak. the only thing that has gotten me through it is my confidence in myself. "getting it out of the way early" seems like not so good an option to me. i'd rather be old/er and be balding than young and balding. balding baby sums it up. and i also believe yes, it's not the balding that affects your self esteem, it's the attitude. but, its the cause and effect factor. yes it's the attitude that causes low self esteem. but the hairloss causes the thoughts, and the thoughts cause the low self esteem.
just a rant by this balding youngster 

Offline Yossarian

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2008, 09:14:43 AM »

Guys, this is all about confidence. If you love yourself, people will love you. I've been losing my hair (albeit more gradually than I thought when it first started) since I was 20. I buzzed it straight away, in some ways I was actually happy because it was one less thing to worry about. Before it starts you are constantly worried about it if and when it happens.

The teasing  happens if you let it. If you walk around like you are a bad ass who rules the world no one is going to mess with you. I can count on one hand the number of comments I've had about my hair loss in the LAST 10 YEARS!. THAT IS WHATS ATTRACTIVE !! Someone who is confident, outgoing, stands head high, and lives their life to the full. I will almost never wear a hat, unless its cold, because I want people to know that I am 110% happy about the way I look.

I've never had problems getting a girlfriend. My current girlfriend is 22; a gorgeous, intelligent, college student. I'm 30!! The barrier to getting a girlfriend is not your hair, your looks, your belly, or your wallet - ITS YOUR CONFIDENCE.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2008, 11:07:28 AM »
Well said Yossarian, bravo! It's really simple when you think about it. 
Confidence is key, as is being comfortable with yourself, and it translates to all you do.

Great post.    O0

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »
yep couldn't agree more, keep your head up keep smiling( or keep your chin out like Bill Cowher) but don't let something as insignificant to your character as hair loss effect your outlook on life.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2008, 07:24:34 PM »

Guys, this is all about confidence....ITS YOUR CONFIDENCE.

Well said
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline barcafan

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2008, 08:24:04 PM »
I got pretty fucked in terms of hair genes.  Every male member of my family is at LEAST half bald, while most are horseshoe.  I started at 16 and have at most 3 more years (20 now) before i'm at the end.  I'd rather it started in my 40's obviously, but im taking it better than i thought i would; really matured me in general.  But on the other hand, you cant downplay the psychological ramifications of losing your hair at say 40, because you've had it for so long and then you just begin to lose it....it cant be easy to swallow.  Your life doesn't magically end at 40, right?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2008, 09:17:26 PM »
Your life doesn't magically end at 40, right?

Let's hope not.   :o

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2008, 03:42:21 AM »

Noooooooo, I'm still around and I can hardly remember being 40..... :-\

Offline north

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2008, 10:51:44 AM »
I'm fairly sure i've commented in this thread before, but I will again just because i'm sure my answer is far back!

I am completely happy with my hair, and having it fall out when I am this young.
I have a really good prospective on life, and i'm sure this is why I feel the way I do. When I look at situations, I look at the absolute worst possibility, and the best and see where I sit between these two extremes. As most people will find, you are rarely the worst case situation, which makes me consider myself lucky no matter what my personal situation is.

This kind of outlook on life, i'm hoping will benefit me as I go. So far, i've had to go through quite a bit for a 20 year old, and i'll say for myself i'm very happy with me and my life.

Who needs hair?
I've got my whole life to look forward to and losing my hair at this age sure as hell isn't going to slow me down.

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2008, 10:58:39 AM »
I'm fairly sure i've commented in this thread before, but I will again just because i'm sure my answer is far back!

I am completely happy with my hair, and having it fall out when I am this young.
I have a really good prospective on life, and i'm sure this is why I feel the way I do. When I look at situations, I look at the absolute worst possibility, and the best and see where I sit between these two extremes. As most people will find, you are rarely the worst case situation, which makes me consider myself lucky no matter what my personal situation is.

This kind of outlook on life, i'm hoping will benefit me as I go. So far, i've had to go through quite a bit for a 20 year old, and i'll say for myself i'm very happy with me and my life.

Who needs hair?
I've got my whole life to look forward to and losing my hair at this age sure as hell isn't going to slow me down.

you said it, brother.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2008, 11:27:22 AM »
I got pretty f**ked in terms of hair genes.  Every male member of my family is at LEAST half bald, while most are horseshoe.  I started at 16 and have at most 3 more years (20 now) before i'm at the end.  I'd rather it started in my 40's obviously, but im taking it better than i thought i would; really matured me in general.  But on the other hand, you cant downplay the psychological ramifications of losing your hair at say 40, because you've had it for so long and then you just begin to lose it....it cant be easy to swallow.  Your life doesn't magically end at 40, right?

Hope not! Only got 2 years to go  :Xo!
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline barcafan

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2008, 12:48:58 PM »

It was more of a rhteorical question, haha.