Author Topic: New guy  (Read 5532 times)

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
New guy
« on: November 04, 2007, 05:49:55 PM »
Hey all, I have been reading this board for a few days and decided to join.

I currently wear my melon clipped. I use clippers with no guard all the way down. It gets very close, but just isnt doing it for me. I have a major reciding hairline and am tired of it. I am in the Military and usually wear short hair anyways. But Sly will be a new thing for me. I look foward to making some good friends on here, and cuttin up a little! I will post pics once I do shave the dome! Booyah!

==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: New guy
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 06:02:15 PM »
Welcome New Guy.  You have come to the right place.  This is the site for sly domes.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 06:15:14 PM »
Nick, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  If you need any tips on shaving your head, feel free to ask.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 06:57:03 PM »

I currently wear my melon clipped. I use clippers with no guard all the way down. It gets very close, but just isnt doing it for me. I have a major reciding hairline and am tired of it.

Welcome, Nick.  I know what you mean.  Clipping the hair shorter helps some but it doesn't get rid of the problematic receding hairline.  The only way to do that is to go completely sly.  Looks like you're pretty close to it anyway, so it shouldn't be a huge change for you -- except that a completely smooth head feels way better than a clippered one.  I'm betting you'll be instantly hooked.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 06:58:07 PM »
Welcome Nick, great to have another military sly guy aboard.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 07:35:59 PM »

I currently wear my melon clipped. I use clippers with no guard all the way down. It gets very close, but just isnt doing it for me. I have a major reciding hairline and am tired of it.

Welcome, Nick.  I know what you mean.  Clipping the hair shorter helps some but it doesn't get rid of the problematic receding hairline.  The only way to do that is to go completely sly.  Looks like you're pretty close to it anyway, so it shouldn't be a huge change for you -- except that a completely smooth head feels way better than a clippered one.  I'm betting you'll be instantly hooked.

Yea thats what my wife said! She said Sly isnt any different than I have it now! I cant wait bro!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 07:37:46 PM »
Welcome Nick, great to have another military sly guy aboard.

gotta luv the Military! You a Devil Dog? OOORAH! I served at a Marine Camp in Iraq in 04'. I was one of only like 30 USAF dudes. Marines are good people.
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 07:58:19 PM »
Quote from: Nick912 link=topic=3446.msg58511#msg58511

Yea thats what my wife said! She said Sly isnt any different than I have it now! I cant wait bro!

So what are you waiting for?? ???

Offline theebaldguy

• Sly Penguin
  • Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 08:12:12 PM »
Welcome!
Just say no to rugs!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 08:16:51 PM »
Welcome Nick, bro.  You have found the one and only spot to get all the info you need on head shaving.  This is an awesome site with great people.  Some of us just cut loose in here and have fun.  Then some take it more serious, me on the other hand....lol...never mind.. just have fun.  Thats what this site is for, and also to gain great knowledge on head shaving. Cant wait to see your other post.  See ya Nick
Tim

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 08:21:00 PM »
Welcome to the brotherhood  O0 O:O

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 09:04:07 PM »
nick....welcome 2 the sly fratenity.  jump in & join the fun by posting often & being an active member of the best site on the internet. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 09:10:59 PM »
Welcome Nick
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 09:11:27 PM »
 O0 Hey thanks bros! Im feeling the love on this site!  :@`
==SLY SERGEANT==

BALDANDRE

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 09:23:34 PM »
Welcome dude!

It is a good place to hang...

a bunch of cool dudes with great taste...in "hair" cuts that is!