Author Topic: Foil Shavers  (Read 3472 times)

Offline clute

• Learning the way of Sly
Foil Shavers
« on: October 19, 2020, 07:03:34 AM »
Hi Guys.
Intermittently I will shave my head with a foil shaver.
Bought a cheapy in 2008 and it is still going strong.

I like the single foil as it cuts the hair very close to the skin.
I do not get the same results with a dual foil.

Anybody else using a foil shaver?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Foil Shavers
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 07:43:17 AM »
Hi Clute, yes, I have a Remington triple head foil shaver. I believe it's discontinued, but I still buy replacement bblades/screens for about $12.

I shave daily and the stubble on my sides and back grow flat against the head and is hard to shave with a razor. So I use the foil before my shower. The top grows straight up, so the razor cuts that fine, and I hit the sides and back with the razor too.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 08:41:37 AM »
For the longest time I was using a braun 3 but then I started using a de and now I'm addicted to the de to the point where the foil just sits there now. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 06:30:31 PM »
I use a Remington triple head foil shaver when I travel or if I am in a rush and need to shave on the go.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 05:32:48 AM »
I must admit, these foil shavers have come a long way over the years.  I remember back when these things could only be used for a dry shave but now they have wet/dry rechargeable shavers and I'm like WOW, things have changed so much!  I started out using one and I really miss it.    O0

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 01:09:04 PM »
I am back on these fine forums and i still keep getting the odd spot after every shave. Thinking of trying a foil shaver again.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 09:57:31 AM »
It's a bit pricey, but the BabyLiss Pro does a great job of getting it smooth. However, when I travel, I take my Andis, which still does a solid job. I would say I don't feel any stubble worth worrying about until about 48 hours after using the BabyLiss.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 09:40:26 PM »
 I just use my Andis Lithium Profoil
again tonight and my scalp is baby

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 01:28:41 AM »
I just use my Andis Lithium Profoil

Do you get any irritation with it? How to prevent that? What after shave care do you follow?

Thinking of getting the Andis...

Thanks

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 09:46:43 PM »
I just use my  Lithium Profoil

Do you get any irritation with it? How to prevent that? What after shave care do you follow?

Thinking of getting the ...

Thanks

I just make sure that my skin is very clean and very dry you don’t want to be oil on the skin or it makes the foil stick and then the hairs will pull.   A light dusting of powder is also a great way to dry scalp and to give 1000,000 ball bearings for the foil to ride upon.

I always use a good skin cleaner like it like witch hazel or sequins to make sure that the Seebo miss all out of the pores in the scalp that’s all I d I always use a good skin cleaner like it like witch hazel or sequins to make sure that the Seebo miss all out of the pores in the scalp that’s all I do!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2020, 10:01:47 AM »
I just use my  Lithium Profoil

Thinking of getting the ...

Thanks

I just make sure that my skin is very clean and very dry you don’t want to be oil on the skin or it makes the foil stick and then the hairs will pull.   A light dusting of powder is also a great way to dry scalp and to give 1000,000 ball bearings for the foil to ride upon.

I always use a good skin cleaner like it like witch hazel or sequins to make sure that the Seebo miss all out of the pores in the scalp that’s all I d I always use a good skin cleaner like it like witch hazel or sequins to make sure that the Seebo miss all out of the pores in the scalp that’s all I do!

Great advice.

Thank you friend