Author Topic: Going to try the 30 day trial!  (Read 4194 times)

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
Going to try the 30 day trial!
« on: May 24, 2020, 12:47:30 PM »
In the past I have shaved my head 2 different time. Never keeping it for more than a few days before letting my hair grow back. When I'm out and about my eyes always seems to gravitate towards bald heads. So, in light of this I will be going from a full head of hair to a (hopefully shiny) bald head. From my other post I put up choosing to be BBC is more common than I thought, but since I've never been bald long term what do I have to look forward to? Do you guys have any words of advice, or tips and tricks to send my way? 

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Going to try the 30 day trial!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 01:56:28 PM »
Years ago, when I decided to go with a buzzcut, I started noticing alot of guys with shaved heads, and thought most of them looked good. The night before the buzzcut, I was having a few beers with my neighbor, who had a fresh headshave that looked great.

Just don't overdo the shaving, it takes a couple weeks for your scalp to adjust to shaving. Also helps to have a good comeback for anyone with a negative opinion.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 02:15:01 PM »
@reddog I'm going for it. So, now my itch to shave my head can go away 👩‍🦲

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 06:29:41 PM »
If you think that dudes with bald heads looks cool,is a good sign.

Shave your head and enjoy the smoothness 😎

I've been bald by choice for two years...one of my best decision ever.

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 12:24:29 PM »
My 30 day trial has officially started! Shaved my head after I got home from work. It will be interesting to see the reactions when I go back Thursday (I have tomorrow off).

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 03:22:35 PM »
Congratulations!  Now post of photo of that fresh shave!
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 06:50:56 PM »
In the past I have shaved my head 2 different time. Never keeping it for more than a few days before letting my hair grow back. When I'm out and about my eyes always seems to gravitate towards bald heads. So, in light of this I will be going from a full head of hair to a (hopefully shiny) bald head. From my other post I put up choosing to be BBC is more common than I thought, but since I've never been bald long term what do I have to look forward to? Do you guys have any words of advice, or tips and tricks to send my way?
Well in my own case, Ifind it better to not shave every day, but to shave every other day insread.  it seems to gove my scalp time to adjust and I get a better shave. 

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 09:58:23 PM »
@runningman: Congrats on shaving your head! You will enjoy it. I think the biggest mistake we all made is striving to get every bit of stubble shaved and smooth and going over the same spot over and over with a razor to make that happen. What ends up happening is that your cool bald head is now at risk of a bad rash. Make two or three passes at the most. If you can’t get that stubborn spot then just let it go. No one will notice. But what they will notice is that razor rash. Smother shaves actually come about by shaving every other day. The stubble is longer for the razor shave off. So what ever you missed will become easier to shave off by skipping a day.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 11:25:46 AM »
I'm hoping the runningman did a nice smooth shave this morning, went to work, and received many positive comments! Show off that sharp looking bald head.

I think you said you were in the Midwest, what state are you located?

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 12:02:25 PM »
@reddog I'm from Indiana. I did do a clean shave this morning! There were some negative comments from a few old ladies, but most of them were positive. Even got some head rubes. I was surprised that my scalp wasn't white as snow, but I did usually wear a bald fade so it makes sense.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 12:43:52 PM »
Great! Good to hear. Yeah, it seems like alot of older folks don't care for shaved heads. My mom didn't see my bald before she passed, but I know she would have hated it.

Keep up the shaving, and in a day or two the reactions will go away.

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 08:48:27 PM »
Yeah I already knew the people that would have negative comments. So, I just brushed them off. I wanted to ask what the best way is to get a good shine? It may be from me still have dark brown hair, but there has to be a way or technique that nullified the slight shadow i have from my hairline.

Offline slickjack

• Sly Jr.
  • Day 1
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2020, 05:03:44 AM »
Congratulations.  I hope you are enjoying your fresh, shaved head.  I'm fairly new to this too and what Razorhead said about "striving to get every bit of stubble shaved and smooth and going over the same spot over and over with a razor to make that happen" has been my experience too.  Fortunately, it hasn't led to much razor burn.  But has led to a small sore spot on my crown (the hardest bit to get smooth I guess because the hair grows in multiple directions).  So I've learned to be a bit careful!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2020, 10:26:28 AM »
You can get a bit of extra shine with some lotion or sunscreen after a good shave.
SlyBeard

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2020, 11:53:08 AM »
Update! Still really enjoying the look, and will most likely not see my hair for a while. Im thinking about keeping my head bald 👩‍🦲

Enter your email address: