Author Topic: should I got Bald again?  (Read 5487 times)

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
should I got Bald again?
« on: May 22, 2020, 03:31:11 PM »
I've been trying to decide on if I should go bald again. Both times I've shaved my head I loved the outcome. I really like the clean look, smoothness, and shine me head gets from being bald. But I didn't keep it for more than a few days before letting my hair grow back because I get nervous about keeping it. I'm hesitant to go bald again since I just started a new job, and know I will get flack if my family sees me BBC. My friends tell me it looks good and I agree. Any suggestions or ideas?

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
Re: should I got Bald again?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 03:41:37 PM »
Here are some pictures of me bald

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 03:59:06 PM »
You're overthinking, just do it!

There's nothing wrong with being bald by choice.

You look great with the shaved head and the beard btw 🤙🏼

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 04:05:59 PM »
I can understand your apprehension, as I'm BBC too. I think you should do exactly what makes you happy. It just a haircut, and within a week or two nobody will care. Try the 30 day trial, you'll see that you will be accepted. By the way, you look great shaved smooth!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 04:33:09 PM »
There is nothing wrong with the look, it is just another hairstyle choice.  Sure, some will question why.  But just say it is what you wanted.  One guy I work with told the co-workers that he was giving himself a buzz and forgot there was no guard on the  until it was too late.  But he kept is shaved afterwards, so no accident.  As to work, it is a common hairstyle and will not be a problem.  Believe me, as a guy that did some hiring in my previous job, I was much more comfortable with employees with shaved head that some of the more edgy hairstyle out there.

Family will be family, just prepare for the questions and disapproval.

BTW, when I first shave, I also had a full head of hair.  Nature has since caught up for me.  I had some of the same concerns when I shaved.  Once I did, and kept at it, I was glad I did.  The questions from work and friends only lasted a few days.  Family depends on how often you see them. If you keep it shaved, they will stop.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 09:02:54 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 08:44:36 PM »
Just do what you are comfortable with. You mentioned that keeping a shaved head made you nervous. So maybe you are not ready for it yet. Maybe wear a short buzzcut for a while. What’s awesome about buzzcuts is that they are addictive and you want to go shorter and shorter. I wore a buzz for a couple years before I shaved my head. I just went progressively shorter and a buddy of mine buzzed my head without a guard. That left me looking almost bald headed which convinced  me that maybe a shaved head would work for me. So i tried it and loved it.

It may take time. But if wanting to shave keeps gnawing at you then you definitely have the bug. And the only way to make the bug go away is to embrace it and do the deed to shave.

Family will always complain. Mine was actually more comfortable with me with a shaved head then a buzzcut. Go figure.

You look great with a shaved head btw. It suits you. And the beard looks good. You definitely rock the look of a bald man.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 01:26:39 AM »
You look great, the main thing is to do what you want and makes you comfortable.  The world will catch up!  Being nervous is normal as its a big change, if you were to any other change to your appearance you may also be nervous about what people may say, as people always have a need to comment but after a few days its old news and they move on.  So as i said at the start, be you do what you want, what makes you happy as you will then be confident and productive and happy etc etc

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 07:48:11 AM »
I might add, remember you're asking a bunch of guys that love wearing a shaved head of you should shave your head! You probably won't get many guys here telling you to keep the hair.

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 08:47:41 AM »
@reddog that's a fair point. It was more to help get me over the hump. I told my girlfriend what I'm thinking of doing, and she was all for it. She did admit that it will take some adjusting, but she likes me with or without hair.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 01:15:34 PM »
Now that's a great girlfriend! The first time I shaved it was supposed to be ONE time to see what it was like. My gf at the time was shocked, but by the end of the day she said I should keep it shaved and she loved it! After a few months she hinted that she would like me to grow my hair back. Well, she's long gone, and after 7 years I shave everyday and love it. Good luck on your decision.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 07:53:24 PM »
at the end of the day you have to do what makes you FEEL good!

I think that the reason you’re nervous is because you never did the 30 day rule.  you never gave yourself enough time to let your own brain and the people around you for a new mental picture of you.  this time keep it shaved clean for at least 30 days and at the end of the 30 days you can make a rational decision (instead of a reactive decision) as to whether or not you want to go back to hair

just try the 30 day rule and let us know how it works for you.

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 05:42:39 AM »
Thanks for the feed back everyone! This is me talking before I start the 30 trial, but I think im going to go bald for the summer and then grow out my hair for the winter. I live in the Midwest and the winters can get pretty cold even with hair. Thoughts about this plan? Obviously this is before I have shaved my head for 30 days so that plan could change.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 05:28:40 PM »
Thanks for the feed back everyone! This is me talking before I start the 30 trial, but I think im going to go bald for the summer and then grow out my hair for the winter. I live in the Midwest and the winters can get pretty cold even with hair. Thoughts about this plan? Obviously this is before I have shaved my head for 30 days so that plan could change.

yes I’m from Chicago and I used to do that as well.  But,  I found that in the winter the baldhead was not a problem because it was much easier to put a cap on and off and not have to worry about combing my hair after taking the cap off!   So, keeping a shaved in the winter was actually easier!

Offline Bald Stanley

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2020, 08:05:07 PM »
It wasn’t the cold that made me grow it back each fall it was Movember.  Bald with a beard is great but bald with just a moustache is not what I think is a good look. 
I agree the shaved dome with the beard looks great on you.   Enjoy it.  It’s a great feeling.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2020, 02:04:54 AM »
In the winter, I wear a toke outside.  I don't remember ever hearing negative remarks although my neighbor explained why he can't shave his head not that I particularlly care.  I don't know why he brought it up because I really don't care if he has hair or not.  People are funny that way.