Author Topic: Shaving tips - how to deal with stubborn stubbly bits?  (Read 342 times)

Offline slickjack

• Sly Jr.
  • Day 1
Shaving tips - how to deal with stubborn stubbly bits?
« on: April 22, 2020, 09:06:42 AM »
It's day four of being back as a bbc guy and I really can't imagine going back to having hair for a long time, if at all.  I'm really enjoying the smooth, clean look and liberation from messy, greying hair.  I think it looks pretty good too.

I'm shaving every day with an Omnishaver or Mach III and getting a really close and smooth shave for the most part.  But I struggle with some little stubbly bits on both sides of my crown which I can't seem to get smooth even after a number of passes with the razor, which leaves the skin a little sore.

Do any of you have tips for how to get these bits so I can achieve a totally smooth finish.  Any recommendations on shave creams/gels for the best shave would be welcome too.  I'm using a UK brand gel called Bulldog which is nice but feels a little thin for the job.

Thanks guys.  Here's a couple more pictures too.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Shaving tips - how to deal with stubborn stubbly bits?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 02:02:05 PM »
Jack, some guys are just made to wear a shaved head, and you are one of them! That baldie haircut looks awesome. I'm glad you are liking it.

There always seems to be a couple spots that don't get perfectly smooth. If I want a super smooth head, I wait 2 or 3 days to shave, plenty of hot water, and a fresh razor. That's hard because I like to shave everyday.

I just use Dial Coconut water bar soap. It's very slippery. Although they're not as good as they used to be, I use a Schick Extreme 3 disposable razor. They are slightly curved, so work good on the head. Sometimes I use my double edge safety razor with an Astra blade.

Good luck, and wear that smooth some proudly!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Shaving tips - how to deal with stubborn stubbly bits?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 02:39:28 PM »
I think we all have trouble spots.  Mine are just behind my ears just above the bony area.  I almost never get it smooth there, and if I try, I usually end up with razor burn and still have the stubble feel.  If I really take my time, and pull my skin up with one hand and shave with the other, I sometimes can get it smooth.  It is true for me as well that I can get it smoother if I have 2 or 3 days worth of stubble.  I have learned to just live with a little stubble feel.

BTW, I like the longer beard on you better than the stubble length beard in the second photo.  Have you ever tried or considered a long beard?  You have the growth for it and it would look good on you, especially with the shaved top.
SlyBeard

Enter your email address: