Author Topic: The Pandemic  (Read 18150 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: The Pandemic
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2020, 09:20:45 AM »

Looks like a lighter shade than what you were using before. I like it.

I think it is because I had so much gray that had not be previously dyed.  I use a medium brown dye, and it gets darker with repeated use.

Could be.  When I used to use JFM on my goatee, I had to use more of it and apply more frequently as I got more grey. I noticed it was making my goatee very dark, which I did not like.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2020, 01:16:46 PM »
 Back when this quarantine started, it was so erie outside.  No cars on the roads and no people outside.  It felt like an episode of the series "twilight zone".  That's all I can really say about that.  Now it seems as though people are doing whatever they want but back then, people were scared.  It was a very depressing feeling.  I hope this thing clears up soon.  All I have is hope now.

Online reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2020, 06:15:53 AM »
I have noticed a few guys that clippered their hair short at home when the barbershops were closed, have kept it short. With my age group, I've noticed the shaved head and grey goatee has become a very popular style.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2020, 09:01:52 AM »
One gal said I have a covid haircut!  I'm ok with that.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2020, 05:27:17 PM »
Regarding the pandemic, things are more "normal" around here, but many things are still off limits, e.g., indoor dining and bars, movies, gyms, live performances.  Several restaurants have set up outdoor dining by using parking lots or having part of the street in front closed off.  This seems to work except when we have rain, which seems to be a couple of evenings every week.  People are very good about wearing masks in stores, etc.  Traffic is still lighter than normal because many offices have not reopened.  Several of my neighbors expect to be working from home until January.  It was originally Labor Day, but that seems to be pushed back. 

My wife and I have adjusted to the current situation to a degree, but we miss the ability to go to a movie or out to dinner.  Everything takes more planning/effort - for example, is the restaurant open, what's the weather forecast, do we need a reservation?  I guess if this is the worst we have to deal with, we are very fortunate!

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2020, 12:05:20 AM »
I was furloughed from my job in mid March when this all started. Fortunately I was called back in July. It’s been kind of weird, though, because there are only about 140 of us on my ship: normal would be about 900 crew and 2600 passengers.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2020, 05:30:43 PM »
Glad to hear that you were called back to work. I think it will be a while before the travel industry gets back to normal. A friend of mine just went to London on business and said he has never seen Heathrow airport so empty.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2020, 05:42:51 PM »
Glad to hear that you were called back to work. I think it will be a while before the travel industry gets back to normal. A friend of mine just went to London on business and said he has never seen Heathrow airport so empty.

The airport at San Francisco was the same way. And those of us currently on my ship are only here as caretakers. We’re all thinking it’ll probably be next year before we start sailing again.
Hair is over rated.

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2020, 12:19:37 PM »
I retired on august 20,2019,I was going to wait until may 2020,now I am glad  I did not wait.one of my bosses was causing me trouble and the place I worked at was getting worse so I said heck with it and got out in 2019.