Author Topic: 5 Years of Being a Sly Bald Guy (and loving it)  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
5 Years of Being a Sly Bald Guy (and loving it)
« on: December 06, 2019, 09:47:14 PM »
Every year I try to remember the anniversary of a proud decision in my life- shaving my head and finally embracing the bald man that I am.

Well this is a big one folks- 5 years!

I do this for you guys on the fence. I want you to know that I was like you...looking in the mirror in angst. Trying Rogaine. I buzzed it- which I kind of liked for a while.

But then I kept noticing bigger spots without hair- and I also noticed a lot of dudes with a shaved head and thought it'd be a cool look. But I was nervous just like you are right now.

A few days after Thanksgiving 5 years ago I had a few drinks and did it. I had bought shaving cream and razors and built myself up for a few days (ok maybe even weeks) before. Despite the fact I cut myself a few times I couldn't believe it. I loved the way I looked.

Over the next few weeks I got so many compliments. I loved it. And kept loving it. Since then I only went to a barber once and only because I had let it grow into much and my razor ran out of battery while I was in a rush.

I love being the bald guy. I love the routine. I look at spots of hair with angst now because I missed them shaving. I love the smoothness. The nod us bald guys always give one another. It's like a fraternity. And no one judges- I'm a white collar professional. I'm certainly not the Rock (yes in terms of good looking celebrities he'd have to be the top now) but women don't run in the other direction any more than they did before lol- now it's less, because I have much more confidence.

To you, the lurker here thinking- should I do it? Just do it man you will feel better!

If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: 5 Years of Being a Sly Bald Guy (and loving it)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 06:06:22 AM »
Congratulations my friend, 5 years is a great milestone! I think one of the keys to wearing a shaved head is if you see other shaved guys and think they look good. Same thing happened to me after my first headshave, nothing but compliments, and I had a full head of silver hair!

And you are absolutely correct, for the guys on the fence, you'll never know until you try it. Believe me, if you keep the baldie haircut for a few months, it will be hard to go back to hair.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 10:17:42 AM »
Every year I try to remember the anniversary of a proud decision in my life- shaving my head and finally embracing the bald man that I am.

Well this is a big one folks- 5 years!

I do this for you guys on the fence. I want you to know that I was like you...looking in the mirror in angst. Trying Rogaine. I buzzed it- which I kind of liked for a while.

But then I kept noticing bigger spots without hair- and I also noticed a lot of dudes with a shaved head and thought it'd be a cool look. But I was nervous just like you are right now.

A few days after Thanksgiving 5 years ago I had a few drinks and did it. I had bought  and razors and built myself up for a few days (ok maybe even weeks) before. Despite the fact I cut myself a few times I couldn't believe it. I loved the way I looked.

Over the next few weeks I got so many compliments. I loved it. And kept loving it. Since then I only went to a barber once and only because I had let it grow into much and my razor ran out of battery while I was in a rush.

I love being the bald guy. I love the routine. I look at spots of hair with angst now because I missed them shaving. I love the smoothness. The nod us bald guys always give one another. It's like a fraternity. And no one judges- I'm a white collar professional. I'm certainly not the Rock (yes in terms of good looking celebrities he'd have to be the top now) but women don't run in the other direction any more than they did before lol- now it's less, because I have much more confidence.

To you, the lurker here thinking- should I do it? Just do it man you will feel better!
i can relate on your sentiments 100%; that 1st time is liberating as hell.

very cool and congrats on a 5 years; here's to many more.

Offline dannytiger

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 06:05:12 AM »

This is the way! Congrats!

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 08:24:21 AM »
congrats. on 5 years buddy,what you said was perfect,and what every person on this sight feels.

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 07:47:17 PM »
Thanks guys!
If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...