Author Topic: What if 30 days doesn't work  (Read 4375 times)

Offline Nw5AndCounting

• Sly Guy in Training
What if 30 days doesn't work
« on: June 19, 2019, 08:14:43 PM »
It's been well over 30 days for me and I still do not like my head shape....does it take others longer to accept or is my head really as bad as I think?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What if 30 days doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 08:34:50 PM »
Let’s see a photo.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 08:41:46 PM »
 Well, wearing a shaved head is definitely not for everyone. It's pretty simple, if you don't like it, don't do it! 30 days is probably enough to know. It's alot of work to maintain, so you really have to like the look and feel of a totally bald head.

For me, after prepping, lathering, shaving, and after care, thank goodness I can look in the mirror and think, man that looks great!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Nw5AndCounting

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 09:55:21 PM »
Here's a photo for the person asking for a photo....yeah maybe it's just not for me but I definitely think it works for other people...was jus wondering if I was giving up too early

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 12:45:46 AM »
Hi #NW5AndCounting, the picture looks great, there is no issue with you r head shape but its all about how you feel.  if you dont like it then maybe it isnt for you.  if as many of us are you are BBN, then it comes down to which do you prefer and given this is the SBG site i suppose most of us are happier being sly than having a ring or remains of a head of hair.  So as i said above, to me the picture looks great, nice head shape, balanced by the beard but do what makes you happy.  As for is 30 days enough, you had hair for a lot longer so it does take time to get used to it and even after a few years you can look and still get a surprise as to what you look like but i prefer it to the alternative

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 05:27:06 AM »
I also think your head shape is great. For the first 5 years after I shaved, I periodically grew back my hair. After 6 weeks of so I would shave it bald again. I always had what I call bald envy. I would see a sly guy and would think how great he looked. Maybe you just need more time to get used to having a shaved head.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 07:46:26 AM »
No problem with the look , you rock the look. Give it some more time . You may go back and forth many times, shaved and with hair, eventually you will decide which you prefer. I have done that many times in my ten years of head shaving.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 12:59:02 PM »
You really suit the look!!!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 05:07:17 PM »
Here's a photo for the person asking for a photo....yeah maybe it's just not for me but I definitely think it works for other people...was jus wondering if I was giving up too early
Take this as a positive . . .

Your head, shaved, is as ordinary as any of us. In my gym 1 out of 5 dudes have the same look as you and I. In 2019, it's pretty damn commonplace. Give it another 30 and see you you feel then. And see how your peers react. My guess is it will be business as usual.

Thanks for posting, btw. I'm sure there are a lot of SILENT guys on this site, who have yet to bridge the confidence issues.

Offline Nw5AndCounting

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 05:04:25 AM »
Thanks for the replies. It's good to know it takes some longer than 30 days to get use to it and I might just be one of those guys. I'll keep it for a while and see what happens.

Offline nicolaus

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2019, 11:55:07 PM »
Also it took me much more than 30 days to get used to the new style. If you are an extremely shy boy, 30-days-rule can be too short. You should prolong it on 60 or 90 days according to your shyness. The important thing is keeping to shave every day. Someday you won’t be able to remember your previous hair style anymore.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2019, 04:52:17 PM »
Having a bald head is something that you love or hate and you know it immediately. The 30 days rule,to me,is made for others to get used to the new you.

Offline nohairnow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 09:55:25 PM »
It might take more time. I had mixed feelings for around 3 months. I went from disliking it, to accepting it, and back. But I didn't really like it.

I'm now at about the 8 month mark, and it's only been recently that I started to love being bald. The feel, the look, all of it. I even look at other guys with hair and sometime wonder why they keep it. :) It just takes time for some of us.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 06:31:48 AM »
Like @Tony Dadá I was convinced on my first shave that I liked it.  Others do take more time  But in the end it is just your decision as to how you want to wear your hair.  I see nothing wrong or unusual about your head shape, and it is a good look on you.  Give it more time, 30 days is just our suggestion.  It is to give you time to adjust, time to learn to shave your head in a reasonable time, time for all the negative comments from family and friends to subside, and time for them to adjust as well.
SlyBeard

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 08:44:02 AM »
Having a bald head is something that you love or hate and you know it immediately. The 30 days rule,to me,is made for others to get used to the new you.
E X A C T L Y   what Tony said.