Author Topic: The time has come  (Read 4232 times)

Offline nohairnow

• Sly Guy in Training
The time has come
« on: November 13, 2018, 04:30:34 PM »
Hey everyone. Great community here.

It's my second day being sly so I'm just getting used to it.  Yesterday I went down to a no. 1 clipper, and today I pulled out the Mach 3 and Cremo. Wow, does it feel weird.  A bit sticky and sensitive.  lol.  I'm sure that goes away.  Anyway, I'm in for good now. 

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: The time has come
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 05:16:18 PM »
Looks really good, can't imagine you with hair. It takes awhile to get used to the feel of a bald head. I love the feel of a totally smooth head, can't stand the stubble so I shave daily.

Enjoy your new hairstyle, it looks awesome on you!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 06:25:37 PM »
Welcome , new members always good to have on board. Tell us a little about yourself.  @#07
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline nohairnow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 06:28:02 PM »
Thanks reddog.  I've been putting it off entirely too long.  My hair got to the point where it so thin it would just blow in the wind.  Looking straight on in the mirror would fool me into thinking it was not all that bad, but the back was a different story.  It looked horrible.

I found this forum and read some posts and finally realized the not only was it time now, but it should have been a year or two ago.  Got some courage together and did what needed to be done.  I think I'm fast starting to like it.  Anything looks better than what it was, and like someone said in another post here, it is liberating.  No more fearing wind!

Offline nohairnow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 06:31:42 PM »
Hey Magoo.  Thanks for the welcome. 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 10:41:46 PM »
Welcome to the board!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline nohairnow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 10:01:57 AM »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 11:57:44 AM »
Welcome, it looks great.  That smooth feeling is great.  Even when guys have a lot of natural baldness or even a short buzz, it does not compare to the feeling of a fresh shave.  True that in time it is less noticeable, but after 7 years I still get that feeling after a fresh shave.

Do you have a pre-shave photo to share?  I started shaving at the first signs of thinning so I never experienced living with a partially bald head.  Now I have very little to shave on the top.
SlyBeard

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 12:12:24 PM »

It's my second day being sly so I'm just getting used to it.  Yesterday I went down to a no. 1 clipper, and today I pulled out the Mach 3 and Cremo. Wow, does it feel weird.  A bit sticky and sensitive.  lol.  I'm sure that goes away.  Anyway, I'm in for good now.
welcome to the brethren. keep it for 30days and you'll never go back. in the meanwhile enjoy.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 12:16:51 PM »
Thanks reddog.  I've been putting it off entirely too long.  My hair got to the point where it so thin it would just blow in the wind.  Looking straight on in the mirror would fool me into thinking it was not all that bad, but the back was a different story.  It looked horrible.

I found this forum and read some posts and finally realized the not only was it time now, but it should have been a year or two ago.  Got some courage together and did what needed to be done.  I think I'm fast starting to like it.  Anything looks better than what it was, and like someone said in another post here, it is liberating.  No more fearing wind!
yeah, i can relate about fooling yourself. the right angle, the right light and nothing's wrong. That is, until you see a pic that someone took your bad side. LOL  case in point.

Offline nohairnow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 07:22:29 PM »
Welcome, it looks great.  That smooth feeling is great.  Even when guys have a lot of natural baldness or even a short buzz, it does not compare to the feeling of a fresh shave.  True that in time it is less noticeable, but after 7 years I still get that feeling after a fresh shave.

Do you have a pre-shave photo to share?  I started shaving at the first signs of thinning so I never experienced living with a partially bald head.  Now I have very little to shave on the top.

Second shave today, after a day off yesterday.  I was surprised how much I could feel the stubble in that time.  My shave today was even closer than the first day, very smooth.  Feels better to the touch.  I think I was in a bit of shock the first day lol.

I  don't really have any pics of the back area that was balding that I can find.  I'm sure other people have one or two.  If they are anything like I saw in the mirror, they must be horrible.

Offline nohairnow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 07:26:29 PM »

welcome to the brethren. keep it for 30days and you'll never go back. in the meanwhile enjoy.

I must admit that even in a short couple of days, I've had several emotions about it, good and bad.  I don't see myself going back, but it might be a few weeks before this is "normal".

I've been getting sun and will be going out tomorrow night to a busy place so that should be interesting to see what reactions I get.  I typically wear baseball or trucker hats maybe 50% of the time, tomorrow I'm going hatless. 

Offline nohairnow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 07:31:17 PM »

yeah, i can relate about fooling yourself. the right angle, the right light and nothing's wrong. That is, until you see a pic that someone took your bad side. LOL  case in point.

That doesn't look too bad, well blended.  But keep rocking the sly, it does look good on you.   My is darker than my beard so that bald spot I had really stood out!  My hair being super fine, didn't stand up and just stuck to my scalp.  My God, I should have found this site a long time ago to get the courage to do what needed to be done.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 09:13:41 AM »
You can get rid of the caps and show off your sly dome now.  Just be careful in the sun, a freshly shaved head will burn quickly.  Use sunscreen.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2018, 12:42:11 AM »
 welcome to the board and you look really good dude like other guys are sad I can’t even imagine you with hair! 

definitely go out , ditch the hat - OWN your style -  feel the respect that comes back at you!

Enter your email address: