Author Topic: I'm Z...I'm a noobie....throw me some wisdom brothers  (Read 2758 times)

Offline zlybaldguy

• Learning the way of Sly
I'm Z...I'm a noobie....throw me some wisdom brothers
« on: April 19, 2018, 07:35:25 PM »
I'm  newbie. I'm Z.

I've been getting thin all over up top and feel like its time to get sly. I'm just worried because recently my skin seems to be more sensitive than usual after just getting my normal haircut. I've seen things about creams like....Magic Razorless Shave cream thats supposed to remove hair. That is intriguing because I won't feel the razor irritation. What do yall think about that?

Anybody have some suggestions for a noob? Somebody also told me if I catch a tan it will be better for shaving my bald head...I guess cuz the skin is a little tougher??? idk about all that...but....asking you experienced brethren...

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: I'm Z...I'm a noobie....throw me some wisdom brothers
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 05:32:50 AM »
Welcome Z, I would caution you about using a chemical hair remover if your skin is sensitive. You could try an electric shaver after clippering it down. Besides, you don't want to miss the experience of lathering up your head and razoring it bald.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 01:41:31 PM »
I agree with reddog.  Keep away from creams, tweezers etc and break out the razor.
Roger

Offline zlybaldguy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 08:39:26 PM »
well...i went and had my friend who is a barber chop me down...he used an electric shaver.

I also purchased the Pitbull Skullshaver. Any suggestions on a rule of thumb routine?

like should I clean/shampoo then shave..then shower...then put some type of lotion on?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 11:05:47 AM »
well...i went and had my friend who is a barber chop me down...he used an electric shaver.

I also purchased the Pitbull Skullshaver. Any suggestions on a rule of thumb routine?

like should I clean/shampoo then shave..then shower...then put some type of lotion on?

Play around to see what works best for you. For example, try shaving before showering and then try after. See what works best for you.

As for lotions, many of us use them to keep the dome looking good. I use one that has SPF 15 or 30 in it to make sure I'm getting some daily protection from the sun.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 06:02:05 PM »
Hey Z, how do you like the Skullshaver? Have you been shaving daily? When I use my electric, I use a preshave lotion for electric shavers. Let us know how you like sporting a bald head.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Enter your email address: