Author Topic: New Member........  (Read 4233 times)

Offline WARRIOR

• Learning the way of Sly
New Member........
« on: September 02, 2007, 11:01:26 PM »
Hello all, I stumbled upon this forum a while back, I found it quite interesting, with the various tips and topics for shaving your head and maintenance techniques.

While lurking today I realized that this forum has so much more to offer than just shaving tips ect, I like the way you all communicate with each other, seems very friendly and I would like to be a part of this community.

I just retired from the U.S. Army in Feb 2007 with 22 years 7 months of service, I am currently in CT, and originally from Chicago. My wife Retires from the Army next year and we will be relocating to Arkansas or Georgia.

I am just relaxing these days, taking a well deserved break, and trying to decide what I want to do next career wise.

I started shaving my head around the 18th year of my Army career, my hair just starting thinning on the top all of a sudden, I got all depressed and continued to wear it like that for a while, then the comments started coming about how my hair was thinning on top ect ect, so one day I just decided to shave it off.

Occasionally in the past I would look at old pictures of myself with hair, and stop shaving my head to see if I could grow a full head of hair again..... lol. It never worked.

Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of your community.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 05:11:12 PM by WARRIOR »

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
Re: New Member........
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 11:06:37 PM »
WARRIOR, welcome to SBG!  I salute you & your wife for your dedicated service to our country!  I'm sure you'll love hangin' around the forum as much as the rest of us do - it's really a friendly site with a great bunch of guys & gals.  Feel free to jump in on any topic!  Great to have you aboard.

Offline WARRIOR

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 11:29:45 PM »
Thanks Scott ...

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 11:33:16 PM »
Great to have you on board Warrior.  Congrats on the retirement too.  What rank do you hold?
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline WARRIOR

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 11:38:36 PM »
Great to have you on board Warrior.  Congrats on the retirement too.  What rank do you hold?

Thanks Paul, I retired as an E-7, Sergeant First Class.

My ultimate goal and dream was to be a (1SG) First Sergeant, but making E-8 was so hard to do, too few slots, it was very discouraging.

Offline WARRIOR

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 11:45:10 PM »

Were you in The Marine Corps, The reason why I ask is that (Semper Sly) underneath your Avatar.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 11:45:55 PM »
That gives us more than sly in common.  Yeah, I'm a retired E-7 Gunny here.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline WARRIOR

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 12:02:58 AM »
That gives us more than sly in common.  Yeah, I'm a retired E-7 Gunny here.

Good Stuff Paul, It's always a pleasure to talk to a fellow Veteran.

Semper Fi Marine !!!!!!!

O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 12:13:22 AM »
Warrior, it's great to have you here at Sly Bald Guys!  I too salute you and your wife for your continued duty to this great country of ours.  Welcome and I look forward to getting to know you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 03:12:31 AM »
Hi Warrior,   O0

Climb right in - & thank you too for wanting to be part of our community!   O:O

You are most definitely welcome here

His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 04:53:03 AM »
WARRIOR.....welcome 2 the sly brotherhood.  glad that ya found us.  i give u & your wifey a very SLY salute 4 serving  this gr8 country.  post often so that we can get 2 know ya. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

jusbnme

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 05:37:22 AM »
Welcome Warrior and glad you found us.  Thank you so much for your duty to this great country as well as your wife.  You are right.  There are a lot of great people here and we are not just all about head shaving.  There are many great topics of discussion around here.  Jump in at anytime and give us your "2 cents."  Glad to have you.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 06:55:31 AM »
welcome warrior. just a simple THANK YOU from me to you and your wife. you are heroes. enjoy the forum.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

KALBO

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 08:01:34 AM »
Welcome to SBGs, WARRIOR! 8) Great to have another member of the Armed Forces in the forum! O0

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 10:29:40 AM »
Welcome to SBG, Warrior.  And thanks to you and your wife for your service. Congrats on your retirement, too.  Great to have you aboard. 

Cheers,

mlnhd 
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Enter your email address: