Author Topic: I'm new and on the fence  (Read 9656 times)

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Re: I'm new and on the fence
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 11:40:32 PM »
John I think you overstepped your bounds a bit buddy. I strongly doubt ChicoD is a misogynist or a woman hater who thinks of women as pieces of meat. In his description of his experiences he was telling us of about interaction with girls he has met and how they reacted positively to his shaved head. He said how this has changed his life. This is pretty deep and profound stuff and you trivialize it.Get off your soapbox

I dont think it is your place to play Dad okay mate
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 11:59:06 PM by JDog »

BALDANDRE

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 11:54:35 PM »
Let me tell you man, I was exactly where you were at.  Look at my older posts you'll see what I wrote and how far I've come.

When I shaved my head, I felt a little worried at first.  I thought about it, and I went back and forth from confident to unconfident.  This lasted a good couple of weeks.  Now I don't think about my hair at all.  Hair is so unimportant in the bigger scheme of things, and you will come to realize this when you shave your head. 

I also feel very strongly and confidently about how I look now, way more than when I had hair (I have somewhat of a receding hairline).  Get off the propecia too, that stuff made me feel depressed, womanly, etc.

Your 6'1" frame should fit the look well.  Chicks dig big dudes, just because they are big.  Women are attracted to that.  The shaved head will make you seem even bigger more masculine, so that in no way is a bad thing.

The best feeling is when more and more you start forgetting you had hair, and your mind is so much free to think about other things and enjoy life.

I had your same concerns about attracting chicks.  Two weeks ago I went out on a date and ended up hookin up with a beautiful girl that I never was able to do anything with previously.  THe following weekend I pulled some chick at a bar that was a sexy little chick that my boy described as "Fergie but with a better body", and this last saturday at the beach some chick just walked by me and waved at me out of nowhere, I got her number and she is talking about all the physical stuff she wants to do.  Then that same night I went to a club, not feeling really social, when some fine ass chick just jumped on me and started dancing with me.  And I'm a measly 5 foot 6 dude

THIS STUFF NEVER USED TO HAPPEN TO ME WHEN I HAD HAIR.  It is most likely the confidence more than anything, but wow, it is amazing the liberation from your insecurities and strength you feel.  Stop messin around and shave it.

Oh yeah, and it has made no difference with my family or friends, most either told me it looks good, or they don't tell me anything.

DO IT, and give it 30 days, you may feel a little up and down at first, but it will stabilize, and you will be a bold, bald 6 foot plus dude pickin up chicks....and stop listening to your dorky ass friends, tehy are just trying to keep you down.

CHICO!!!!!!

Unbelieveable...YOU, the GUY, I (WE) had to convince....bro, congratulations on making yourself a level playing field...

told you, just the simple thing of shaving your head totally bald would chnage your life for the good..

Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! O0 O0

Offline Chico D

• Sly
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2007, 07:48:49 AM »
JDog thanks for seeing my point of view man, yeah I do respect women, but yes I do like interacting with them, physically if possible.  You're a great dude.  Muy buena gente.

John I'm sorry if my getting physically involved with women is something that bothers you.  Maybe you should read other posts then?  Then you won't be bothered by my heterosexual actions.

And yes, Andre, I have found the light!  Everything you guys have said is true, and I really hope Kenozoik is reading this.  That is the whole reason that I posted up what I originally wrote.

You guys are really a very positive group of great people, and I really appreciate all the support you have given me.  No hard feelings JohnMont, we just see things differently, and most likely, yes I will change how I see things, when I am older.  And by the way, you are really rockin the sly look now!

Offline Kenozoik

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2007, 09:09:39 AM »
I did it! O0

I just went to the barber's and got a #0 buzz. Now I'm gonna go shower and try and take it all the way down with the headblade. Thanks to all of you for helping me take the final step... it felt great and I'll try to post a picture soon. In terms of LOOKS, it will take a looot of getting used to, but in terms of how it FEELS... wow, it's like a rush or high or something. Ok, so it's only been like 10 minutes... but I honestly feel so carefree right now... I don't remember the last time I was able to walk down the street like that.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 09:11:21 AM by Kenozoik »

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2007, 09:39:36 AM »
AWESOME BRO..............Just remember, go slow with that HeadBlade and no pressure on the front!.    Hope all goes well.    Post up a pic when done.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Kenozoik

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2007, 11:00:23 AM »

Sorry for the sh*tty quality... just a quick videocam capture. Anyways, it's gonna take some getting used to, but I feel great about it. :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 11:02:12 AM by Kenozoik »

Offline Chico D

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2007, 11:04:58 AM »
It looks great man!  You got a natural head shape for it.  Yeah it does take a little getting used to, but within a month you'll be completely used to it, and you'll feel like you wouldn't have it any other way

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2007, 11:23:11 AM »
Nice looking dome there Ken.  In no time at all you won't be able to remember what it was like to have hair.   Enjoy the sly life, bro.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2007, 11:34:43 AM »
Lookin' good Kenozoik.  Welcome to the club.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2007, 12:01:58 PM »
Ken, way to go bro!  Looks good man - it does take some getting used to, but it's very addicting - in a good way!

JohnMont

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2007, 01:14:44 PM »
John I think you overstepped your bounds a bit buddy. I strongly doubt ChicoD is a misogynist or a woman hater who thinks of women as pieces of meat. In his description of his experiences he was telling us of about interaction with girls he has met and how they reacted positively to his shaved head. He said how this has changed his life. This is pretty deep and profound stuff and you trivialize it.Get off your soapbox

I dont think it is your place to play Dad okay mate

The whole point is that Chico is the one trivializing.  The women he mentions in his post are never referred to as anything more than 'chicks' -- hot-assed or otherwise.  It's not a trivial thing.  Like I said before; words have meaning.

John

JohnMont

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2007, 01:17:57 PM »
JDog thanks for seeing my point of view man, yeah I do respect women, but yes I do like interacting with them, physically if possible.  You're a great dude.  Muy buena gente.

John I'm sorry if my getting physically involved with women is something that bothers you.  Maybe you should read other posts then?  Then you won't be bothered by my heterosexual actions.

And yes, Andre, I have found the light!  Everything you guys have said is true, and I really hope Kenozoik is reading this.  That is the whole reason that I posted up what I originally wrote.

You guys are really a very positive group of great people, and I really appreciate all the support you have given me.  No hard feelings JohnMont, we just see things differently, and most likely, yes I will change how I see things, when I am older.  And by the way, you are really rockin the sly look now!

It's not the physical involvement I was talking about.  It's the way you refer to women, nothing more. 

BALDANDRE

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2007, 01:23:39 PM »

Sorry for the sh*tty quality... just a quick videocam capture. Anyways, it's gonna take some getting used to, but I feel great about it. :)

Good for you Ken! Just wear it smooth (consistantly ) for a month before you make a desicion...looks good though! O0

X The Hierophant

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2007, 02:17:15 PM »

Congrats man!  Looks great on you  O0

X The Hierophant

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2007, 02:20:29 PM »

It's not the physical involvement I was talking about.  It's the way you refer to women, nothing more. 

My view is political correctness is highly over-rated.  Chico did not intend to insult you, and has been overly kind after you have been repeatedly bashing his post.  Lighten up man.  Not everyone uses the same verbage as you.  Clearly, no ill intent was meant by Chico.  I think you are coming down a little hard over nothing.

Enter your email address: